using priceline to bid on a mini van

uandmfan

Mouseketeer
Hi all

I have a pretty good price on a week rental of a mini van from Thrifty ($263 including taxes and fees) but would like to use Priceline to see if I can get a lower rate. Has anyone done this? I'm nervous because it seems like one of the companies they use may not have a location in the terminal and I'm not sure about he logistics of taking a shuttle.

if anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!

If you're comfortable with the price you're quoted from Thrifty, best just to book that and save yourself the stress. If you go on the MCO website, all of the off-property companies are not necessarily something I'd trust. "Carl's Rent A Van"? No, thanks.

That's a really good price for a minivan. I'd just go with it.

Hi all

I have a pretty good price on a week rental of a mini van from Thrifty ($263 including taxes and fees) but would like to use Priceline to see if I can get a lower rate. Has anyone done this? I'm nervous because it seems like one of the companies they use may not have a location in the terminal and I'm not sure about he logistics of taking a shuttle.

if anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
$263 for a minivans seems quite reasonable and I would book it (if it were me).
I would check back often to see if rates drop anymore, then cancel and re-book when a lower rate shows up.

Try a site like carrentalsavers, it will show you the best rate going for many different rental companies.

I have found some decent deals on Priceline using Name Your Own Price (NYOP) but I would only choose this option as a last ditch effort to get a better price a day or 2 before leaving on the trip. We have used this twice into MCO and have been given a rental with Hertz on both occasions (YMMV of course)

***Be Aware*** NYOP rentals are prepaid and are non-refundable and non-changeable.
Use this if there is no chance of any changes in plans, no bad weather in the forecast etc and you are actually saving a decent amount after all taxes and fees.
Also you may want to purchase the cancellation insurance from Priceline when you book, but be sure to factor this into the final cost of the rental before hitting the SUBMIT button

Thanks everyone. I've had this price booked for quite awhile. They are now up to $400+. I just thought it might be worth a shot at saving some more. We arrive February 10 so we are getting close. All the NYOP are located in yhr terminal but one if I am understanding the site correctly. I'll double check and may try for a really good deal the week we leave. Thanks for the advice!!

$263 for a minivans seems quite reasonable and I would book it (if it were me).
I would check back often to see if rates drop anymore, then cancel and re-book when a lower rate shows up.

Try a site like carrentalsavers, it will show you the best rate going for many different rental companies.

I have found some decent deals on Priceline using Name Your Own Price (NYOP) but I would only choose this option as a last ditch effort to get a better price a day or 2 before leaving on the trip. We have used this twice into MCO and have been given a rental with Hertz on both occasions (YMMV of course)

***Be Aware*** NYOP rentals are prepaid and are non-refundable and non-changeable.
Use this if there is no chance of any changes in plans, no bad weather in the forecast etc and you are actually saving a decent amount after all taxes and fees.
Also you may want to purchase the cancellation insurance from Priceline when you book, but be sure to factor this into the final cost of the rental before hitting the SUBMIT button

Same experience with mini-van rentals using Priceline, always Hertz. Issue is their line in-terminal can be an excruciating long wait if you are used to grabbing something off the aisle in the garage.

OP be very careful with coming up with factoring in all taxes & fees to the maximum daily rate you bid.

It's my understanding that the companies Priceline uses are non-shuttle ? At least it was when I priced them out last. Details will be there in the fine print.

Thanks everyone. I just went to the priceline website to see what daily rate I'd put in to beat my current reservation. It was $20/day. I imagine that there's no way that will be accepted. It also shows Sixt as a possibility for car rentals, which has a shuttle from the main terminal. I think I'll probably stick with what I have.

Thanks everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter