Using offsite hotel shuttles

disneyderns

Mouseketeer
Does anyone use the offsite hotel shuttles? It seems like they all drop-off and pick-up at Epcot and the guests have to take Disney transportation the rest of the way. Most do not seem to get to Epcot very early. There are a couple that do - does anyone know when the Epcot monorail begins running?

Thanks for the help in advance!

Some hotels have better schedules than others. But none provide much flexibility. We have young kids and so bit the bullet and hired a car.

Staying offsite requires a different level of patience without a car. Most have very irregular or strict schedules. Some only make trips every other hour and stick to it strictly. In other words, if it says it leaves at 8PM, it leaves at 8PM, not 8:05PM.

I love staying offsite. I would never do it without a car and free parking though. Resort parking fees, Disney parking fees, cost of rental puts you are staying onsite. Some people argue the rooms cost too much (me specifically) but the cost of all the extras not having a car add up extremely quickly.

Staying offsite requires a different level of patience without a car. Most have very irregular or strict schedules. Some only make trips every other hour and stick to it strictly. In other words, if it says it leaves at 8PM, it leaves at 8PM, not 8:05PM.

I love staying offsite. I would never do it without a car and free parking though. Resort parking fees, Disney parking fees, cost of rental puts you are staying onsite. Some people argue the rooms cost too much (me specifically) but the cost of all the extras not having a car add up extremely quickly.

I agree. I know renting a car is not an option for everyone, but I wish more people would at least consider it. I think people may be surprised at the cost. It may be less expensive than they think. Also, factor in how many other dining options are available when you rent a vehicle. You are not confined to Disney Dining. If you don't have a FREE dining plan, then the cost of 1 TS dinner at Disney will cover the cost of a rental car for a week. No joke!!! 2 adults at table service is $120 ($59.99 each), 2 kids is $80 ($39.99 each), then add in 13% tax(25.99) = $225!!! You can rent a compact/midsize car for 7 days for less than that!! Wow...Imagine the savings on eating at area restaurants by having a car!!! A meal at Olive Garden for a family of 4 will be $100 or less. The possibilities are ENDLESS !!!!

Many, many years ago I was off site at a business conference and used the hotel's shuttle. Mistake. It made a lot of stops on the way to the park and then I waited forever in the parking lot for the shuttle to go back to the hotel. After that I would never be off site without a car. In fact, I was never onsite without a car. I just like the flexibility a car provides.

With Uber & Lyft do you really need a hotel shuttle or a rental car?

If an offsite hotel shuttle is free, that's a big difference from paid ridesharing right there. Granted, you can get an Uber whenever you need one, and some offsite shuttles are much better than others, but cost is always going to be a factor when you're on an expensive Walt Disney World vacation. That said, Uber can be a great option when you're traveling between on-site resorts.

After that I would never be off site without a car. In fact, I was never onsite without a car. I just like the flexibility a car provides.
With Uber & Lyft do you really need a hotel shuttle or a rental car?
If an offsite hotel shuttle is free, that's a big difference from paid ridesharing right there. Granted, you can get an Uber whenever you need one, and some offsite shuttles are much better than others, but cost is always going to be a factor when you're on an expensive Walt Disney World vacation. That said, Uber can be a great option when you're traveling between on-site resorts.
Agreed that while before going to Disney and while being there it's good to factor in all cost and/or have a budget.

NH-to-FL was specifically talking about always wanting a rental car as Plan B vs a hotel shuttle. My point was less Uber/Lyft vs hotel shuttle, as in those instances Shuttle is Plan A & Uber/Lyft is Plan B, but rather Uber/Lyft vs Rental Car as your Plan B.

I'm debating this one myself. I think you need to realize you don't have every 20 minute service with an off site shuttle. The hotel I'm considering only has 3 times in the morning to get to Epcot and three times to get back to the resort. I can feel you don't want to be late for the bus, either. Get the exact details from the resort; so, you can make a good decision for you.

I think I'm going to have a car, but I'm still thinking about it..

In reading posts like these for nine years, except for those staying at Bonnet Creek, I have never read about anyone posting after their trip saying how great their offsite hotel shuttle was.

In fact most post that after 2 days of it they either rent a car or take lots of taxis or taxi like rides.

We stay off site but drive down so always have a car.

Rent a car especially if you are staying offsite. There are heaps of coupon code sites for car rental places. My favorite car rental is costcotravel (if you are a member)

Stay offsite often, and would never do it without a car. It costs way to much to get in to the parks to lose park time due to the restrictive offsite shuttles. The only hotels I would consider at at Disney Springs. Their system is better than the rest ... and if I can get to Disney Springs at end of day I can walk to my hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!