Using kid's credit for adult meal?

DisneyParkLover

DIS Veteran
I have read that at certain quick service restaurants kids can order an adult meal and use a kid's credit. A couple questions:
1) Does this tend to be the case at most quick service restaurants? Has anyone had problems with this?
2) Will they let you do this at a quick service place if the adults don't eat there? For example, we love BoG lunch, but my son doesn't like anything there. Could we get him an order of corn dog nuggets at Casey's and just tell them to use one of the kid's credits?

Thanks in advance.

You can use any QS credit for any QS meal. It has no relationship to "most" QS restaurants. It has to do with how the credits are classified in your account. There is no "adult" or "child" QS. There is just QS.

So you don't have to tell them to "use a child credit" or "use an adult credit," because there is no such thing. There is only one database field for QS.

Thanks! I had read that restaurants kid this but thought it was more like changing a quick service credit for 3 snacks - depends on the willingness of the place. Glad to know that's not the case. Thank you!

FWIW - I've heard it's now officially allowed to change out a QS credit for three snacks as long as it's all done in the same transaction. You will still get the maybe/maybe not response for changing out a TS credit for snacks, though. :)

FWIW - I've heard it's now officially allowed to change out a QS credit for three snacks as long as it's all done in the same transaction. You will still get the maybe/maybe not response for changing out a TS credit for snacks, though. :)
No, you can change out a TS for three snacks in a single transaction. It is just a terrible, terrible value.

I thought that one wasn't official policy yet. My bad!! :)

Oh yeah - for sure a terrible value but if plans go awry and you find yourself with an extra TS credit - 3 snacks is still better than an expired credit!!

Just an FYI, it's not really an "Official" policy to do this. It's not written anywhere on the brochure. So, technically, they don't have to let you do it. However, it's been a long while since I've seen any reports of anyone not being able to do it.

The Moms Panel is frequently wrong. In this case, they're more "discussing an unwritten custom that can be yanked at any moment because it's unwritten."

You can use any QS credit for any QS meal. It has no relationship to "most" QS restaurants. It has to do with how the credits are classified in your account. There is no "adult" or "child" QS. There is just QS.

So you don't have to tell them to "use a child credit" or "use an adult credit," because there is no such thing. There is only one database field for QS.

Don't want to beat a dead horse, but confused. Got my vacation booklet today and it specifically states that we have 9 child's quick service credits and 18 adult quick service credits. It also says that children must choose from the children's menu where available. That wording definitely makes it sound like they differentiate between them.

Don't want to beat a dead horse, but confused. Got my vacation booklet today and it specifically states that we have 9 child's quick service credits and 18 adult quick service credits. It also says that children must choose from the children's menu where available. That wording definitely makes it sound like they differentiate between them.
Sure, it SAYS that. But the backend is such that the credits are not differentiated.

My 8-year-old ordered adult QS at every location, and we used the undifferentiated QS credits to pay.

It SAYS that because those are the rules. Is there a loophole in the computer system? Yes. Does that mean you SHOULD order adult QS meals for your child when a child's menu is available? No.

The wording is VERY specific and there should be no confusion. Kids MUST (not should) order from the children's menu where available. If you want your kid to order an adult meal with a kids QS credit then go to a place that doesn't offer a child's menu.

Because I had to change my flight for work reasons we are no longer getting in at 11 am and arriving at Mco at 8:30 pm. We are staying at AOA and doing 2 nights pre cruise. We have bog for breakfast and Ohana for dinner day 2.
Is it likely I can use my ts for a qs for breakfast/ lunch at resort before we do our transfer to dcl?

Because I had to change my flight for work reasons we are no longer getting in at 11 am and arriving at Mco at 8:30 pm. We are staying at AOA and doing 2 nights pre cruise. We have bog for breakfast and Ohana for dinner day 2.
Is it likely I can use my ts for a qs for breakfast/ lunch at resort before we do our transfer to dcl?

You can, but you're losing money by doing so. Did you pay for the DDP?

Bog breakfast is qs, its only ts at dinner. A 2 night stay means 2 ts and t qs credits per person. Since you're flying in so late and leaving early, if it was us we'd have a hard time using the credits and I would cancel the plan. You won't need to bring extra snacks because you'll get plenty on the cruise. If the dining plan is free, I'd book a character meal for breakfast on the last day or maybe get some room service the first night?

The rule actually is where there is a kids menu kids should be using their credits against those items. Where there is no kids menu they can use the adult menu.

However, as the computer can't see the difference people use them for adult credits everywhere,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter