• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Using gift cards

maxiesmom

The Mean Squinty Eye Works
I like to buy gift cards for my trips, as it is a way for me to limit my spending. I *think* all places in the parks accept Disney gift cards. But what about the restaurants and shops on the Boardwalk? Do any of them accept Disney gift cards, or should I have a Visa card to use?

We are staying at both the Swan and Dolphin in October, and we have an ADR at the Ale & Compass. Plus I'm sure we will hit up the bakery at least once or twice. I'm thinking maybe I need a blend of Disney and non-Disney cards. Does that make sense?

I know Ale and Compass takes them, we paid that way in January. And the bakery has a mug refill station. So they should take them as well.

I don't know much about the Swan and Dolphin, sorry.

Another question--Do all the Starbucks take Starbucks gift cards? Do they take Disney gift cards?

Another question--Do all the Starbucks take Starbucks gift cards? Do they take Disney gift cards?

Yes, the Starbucks definitely take Starbucks GC. And recently they changed so you can redeem rewards there also (oops, maybe not. I have successfully used them at other places I couldn't before, now I can't remember if Disney was one). I use my phone app which I load the GC on. I think they may take Disney GC as well, not 100% sure. I see the post above confirms that.

We could not pay our cover charge at Jellyrolls on the Boardwalk with GC. Most Boardwalk places are Disney and will take them. Swan/Dolphin I would think may not take GC because they are not Disney owned. Remember at least some of the Dolphin restaurants have a AAA discount (I know the Fountain did last time I ate there). I usually consider that anywhere I could use my magicband I could use a Disney GC.

Last edited:
Big River Grille takes Gordon Biersch gift cards. My mom always sends us gift cards for Christmas. I noticed that Big River Grille is a Gordon Biersch company so called and sure enough they said they would take them. We used them last September. Our gift cards covered our entire meal so can't help with info regarding using both Disney and non Disney gift cards to pay.

Basin in Disney Springs and GF take both Disney gift cards and their gift cards and they let me split my purchase between two. The Landry's resturants (Rainforest Cafe, TRex, Yak and Yeti) as well.

I'm the same as you. I like gift cards because they help me budget. I also find that I can get good deals through raise and gift card granny on stores/restaurants that are in the parks/on Disney property, saving a few bucks.

Yes, the Starbucks take Starbucks GC. And recently they changed so you can redeem rewards there also. I use my phone app. I think they may take Disney GC as well, not 100% sure.

This is awesome! You just made my day!!! So glad they're finally letting us redeem our rewards! I like saving them for vacations.

The bakery and boardwalk pizza take Disney GC's. The little snack shack place (not sure on the actual name) does not take Disney GC's.

I typically buy all Disney GC's, even for use at Starbucks, because we don't buy as much Starbucks when not at Disney so I don't want a lot of those leftover.

This is awesome! You just made my day!!! So glad they're finally letting us redeem our rewards! I like saving them for vacations.

I edited because I was questioning myself. I know they were adding more redemption locations, and I successfully used them at Ohio turnpike rest stops last week, but I don't want to give you bad info. I'm going to login to my account to see if I used rewards there. So maybe not yet. Sorry!

Last edited:
I edited because I was questioning myself. I know they were adding more redemption locations, and I successfully used them at Ohio turnpike rest stops last week, but I don't want to give you bad info. I'm going to login to my account to see if I used rewards there. So maybe not yet. Sorry!
You're so incredibly sweet for wanting to make sure you're right. ❤
That dang Disney awesomeness strikes again! Dis folks are the best folks!

Swan and dolphin do not take Disney gift cards or magic bands. I nearly died of embarrassment one night eating at Shula’s because we had our Disney GCs and no CC with us. The manager was very nice and offered to let us call her once we arrived back at our hotel and provide cc payment over the phone. Luckily I was able to text my college student and have her send me the cc info so we could settle up before leaving the restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter