Using Gift Cards for Dinning

Eddy

Mouseketeer
Planning on renting points as I am not a owner. I would like to use Gift Cards for dinning that I bought at target for a discount. Was told by several agency owners will not take more than a few as its to much trouble for them to read all the numbers. Is this true anyone dealt with this before:confused:

I don't have experience with trying to use multiple gift cards at a restaurant, but we just returned from a stay in which we had multiple gift cards to use. We charged all of our meals back to our room and the night before we checked out we went down to the front desk and had them apply the gift cards to the account. It didn't take long and she seemed happy to do it and not at all like it was an unusual request. Hope that helps.

I've never had any problems paying for my dinner with as many as three gift cards.

I think the OP wants to use the $50 Target gift cards to pay for the DDP. I agree giving MS the numbers off all those cards will be a pain. I heard that for membership fees, others have been able to fax a list of the numbers from the cards. Not sure if this is doable for the dining plan.

I guess you will just have to find a member that is willing to do this for you.

Laura

I don't have experience with trying to use multiple gift cards at a restaurant, but we just returned from a stay in which we had multiple gift cards to use. We charged all of our meals back to our room and the night before we checked out we went down to the front desk and had them apply the gift cards to the account. It didn't take long and she seemed happy to do it and not at all like it was an unusual request. Hope that helps.

This is what we do also. We used 20 gift cards we bought from target to pay for charges. VGC cast member did not mind. If you need to pay in advance, I do not know if they will take them over the phone.

LauraLee got what I was asking. I am renting points, the owner would have to set up my dinning plan. The agency all tell me the owners will only deal with a few, as they would have to read all the numbers. If I was renting points I would help out anyway I could, I would be able to save over $100 using gift cards. Are u guys that are renting your points willing to help out or are all these agency right?:confused3

LauraLee got what I was asking. I am renting points, the owner would have to set up my dinning plan. The agency all tell me the owners will only deal with a few, as they would have to read all the numbers. If I was renting points I would help out anyway I could, I would be able to save over $100 using gift cards. Are u guys that are renting your points willing to help out or are all these agency right?:confused3

It is true that MS only has the capability to handle so many GF for payment and that there are owners who are not going to want to have to call in and give that many, even if MS is able to take as many as you have.

As a renter, you will not be able to help, unfortunately, as the member has to add it. It can be added via the website, but not with multiple gift cards like that.

So, you would have to find an owner who was willing to do what you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter