• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. - Corey Click Here

Using Disney World tickets at Disneyland

For those who recently were able to convert a WDW day to a DL day, were they able to convert park hopper to park hopper, or only to a single park?
Has anyone recently been able to convert multiple days at once, such as 3 days off of a WDW park hopper to a 3 day DL park hopper?

IF the benefit is not consistent, I am not sure how much value it really adds.
If I count on being able to use days off of my WDW non expire ticket, and do not buy my DL ticket, I end up having to pay more for my ticket at the park.
If it is at the whim of the CM, and has to be done one day at a time, it becomes not worth it at all, if I am visiting for 3 days.
If the CM says yes on day 1, and then no on day 2, then I might as well bought myself a DL 3 day ticket from the start.

At one point I was saving my non-rfid WDW non expire ticket to use at DL, and I even purchased a new 10 day non expire rfid ticket for my last WDW trip.
Then I learned that DL was no longer accepting any WDW admission, so I went ahead and had the non rfid ticket converted to rfid (on my last visit).
So now I have 13 unused, park hopper, non expire days.

Unlike WDW tickets, DL tickets expire.
Any tickets I buy now expire at the end of December (or into January as long as first use is near the end of December).

For those who recently were able to convert a WDW day to a DL day, were they able to convert park hopper to park hopper, or only to a single park?
Has anyone recently been able to convert multiple days at once, such as 3 days off of a WDW park hopper to a 3 day DL park hopper?

IF the benefit is not consistent, I am not sure how much value it really adds.
If I count on being able to use days off of my WDW non expire ticket, and do not buy my DL ticket, I end up having to pay more for my ticket at the park.
If it is at the whim of the CM, and has to be done one day at a time, it becomes not worth it at all, if I am visiting for 3 days.
If the CM says yes on day 1, and then no on day 2, then I might as well bought myself a DL 3 day ticket from the start.

At one point I was saving my non-rfid WDW non expire ticket to use at DL, and I even purchased a new 10 day non expire rfid ticket for my last WDW trip.
Then I learned that DL was no longer accepting any WDW admission, so I went ahead and had the non rfid ticket converted to rfid (on my last visit).
So now I have 13 unused, park hopper, non expire days.

Unlike WDW tickets, DL tickets expire.
Any tickets I buy now expire at the end of December (or into January as long as first use is near the end of December).

It has ALWAYS been done one day at a time. That is the only way they can do it due to the way the system is set up --- if they will do it for you.

As for what type of ticket --- if you have hoppers, historically you receive hoppers. If not, not.

- Dreams

If anybody has any more success (or failure) stories, please report them! We avoided a trip to DL this year due to this reason alone. It is definitely a budget-buster and it's a bummer that there is no definitive word so it makes planning VERY difficult.....

If anybody has any more success (or failure) stories, please report them! We avoided a trip to DL this year due to this reason alone. It is definitely a budget-buster and it's a bummer that there is no definitive word so it makes planning VERY difficult.....

The best your going to get is anecdotal information based on what happens to other folks. Disneyland never said official that they accepted WDW tickets even when they did, so it's unlikely that they'd ever announced they were accepting them again. In the end, the only official way you can use one ticket to get into both WDW and DLR is to purchase the Premier AP. Otherwise, it's going to be luck of the draw (with no luck being more likely at this point) at the turnstiles.

My wife won 4 - 1 Day Park Hoppers to Disney World, I called to see if I could possibly use them at Disney Land this year and they said no. Kinda bummed about that because when we go to Florida it tends to be for about a week with California it's only 2 days for us.

I am looking to possibly exchange new 1-day WDW single park passes for 1 day at Disneyland. I obviously can't 100% plan that I will be allowed to do this. We suddenly were relocated to California (Army) and I would rather use them then pay extra for new DL passes.

Has anyone had success recently? I've been perusing this post and searching for NEW passes and it just seems like leftover WDW tickets that have been done before. Thank you in advance.

I apologize if this question has been recently answered.

My understanding is they no longer allow the use of used WDW tickets at Disneyland. They have NEVER allowed new / unused tickets.

My understanding is they no longer allow the use of used WDW tickets at Disneyland. They have NEVER allowed new / unused tickets.

When we were there in November, they let us use our new/unused Disney World ticket at Disneyland with no problems. But, just a few days later, they changed the policy and stopped allowing any Disney World tickets at Disnelyand (at least from the reports I've read here).

When we were there in November, they let us use our new/unused Disney World ticket at Disneyland with no problems. But, just a few days later, they changed the policy and stopped allowing any Disney World tickets at Disnelyand (at least from the reports I've read here).

When I tried to use a 10-day non-expire a few years back, they told me the first use had to be at WDW. They must have updated something in the system to allow the day 1 to be at Disneyland instead.

----------------

Now, has anyone successfully used WDW tix at DLR in recent weeks? Anyone?
*Fingers crossed for me in October... *

I just wanted to give an update to this thread - you can no longer use any WDW tickets (used or unused) at the Disneyland resort.

I was just there for the Avengers Half-Marathon weekend and tried to exchange a few days on my WDW 10-day, non-exp, park hopper tickets without any luck. I talk to three different managers, one at the ticket booth, one at the turnstiles for California Adventure and another at Guest Services. All of them had the same boilerplate answer that they can no longer swap the WDW tickets. You may have luck if you find the right cast member at the right time, but I wouldn't count on it happening.

I just wanted to give an update to this thread - you can no longer use any WDW tickets (used or unused) at the Disneyland resort.

I was just there for the Avengers Half-Marathon weekend and tried to exchange a few days on my WDW 10-day, non-exp, park hopper tickets without any luck. I talk to three different managers,(1.) one at the ticket booth, (2.)one at the turnstiles for California Adventure and (3.)another at Guest Services. All of them had the same boilerplate answer that they can no longer swap the WDW tickets. You may have luck if you find the right cast member at the right time, but I wouldn't count on it happening.

All of them having the same "boilerplate answer" confirms the current ticket policy is in place.

Doesn't hurt to try. Sorry third time wasn't a charm for you.....

Hope you had a good time.

Geemo

Any recent updates in the new year? Now that we're down here in SoCal, was hoping to use our old WDW passes locally. May have to just plan another trip to Orlando otherwise--- Oh the horror! Would like to use here though if possible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter