Using Apple Watch or MagicBand for charging food to room

Apixarfan

Earning My Ears
I have a trip coming up to Aulani in about two weeks (mid-March) with my wife and two preteens. I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to avoid bringing my phone, room card, and/or credit card down to the pool for fear of theft while we might be out using the lazy river or pool.

Does anyone know if my old MagicBands can be used to charge an occasional food/beverage/umbrella rental on Aulani property? I think I answered my own question about an Apple Watch working because I assume I'd need my phone nearby for it to work. Can you charge to a room just by stating your room number?

I don't think we'll do it super often since prices are probably very, very high but it might be nice to have a nice tropical drink or snack a few times during the stay there.

In early February, I used my Apple Watch a few times... I "believe" my phone was in the room... but I could be wrong. :crazy:

Just got back and I was able to use an old magic band for the door and room charges. The "pin" to be used for the charges was the same as the one selected for the hotel room keys at check in.

I went to Aulani in January and my 1.5 year old magic band didn't work for the door. I didn't bother trying it for any purchases.

we just got back and the only time I saw something that resembled a magic bands scanner was at one of the pool towel check out stands. When they scanned my card it made the musical sound. But no other time when I scanned it for room charges or towels did it ever ‘sing’ for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter