Using an AP discount before upgrading to an AP

akl432

First-time cruiser!
Hi everyone! We currently have 7-day tickets and plan to use them and upgrade to an AP during our trip in May. We also want to book an August trip. Can I book a room for August with an AP discount (assuming that AP discounts come out before our May trip), since I will have the AP by the time of our August trip? Or do you have to have the AP in your possession at the time of booking with the AP discount?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, you can book an AP discount before you have the AP. You just have to have it when you check in.

I did just what you want to do for a January trip. I plan to upgrade as soon as I arrive. Just know that you have to call to book an AP rate, and sometimes you have to explain multiple times to a CM on the phone that you know you have to have the AP when you check in. I had one that seemed confused that I just wanted pricing so I could determine if it was worth upgrading. The next one I got to actually book knew exactly what I planned to do and and just reminded me that I might have to show the AP to the front desk at my resort.

That is very helpful - thank you for the information! I really appreciate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter