Using a Three data sim card in phone for WhatsApp calls

Welsh *Disney* Girlz

Mouseketeer
I was thinking of using the 3 data sim card available from Amazon for my phone to keep in touch with my daughter via WhatsApp.
We'll be in Florida together but going our separate ways most days then using WhatsApp calls to make our meet up arrangements.
Any one ever done it? Or can anyone suggest a better way to stay in touch.
Thanks

I used a Three PAYG sim in my mobile phone and bought an inclusive package for £20, which gave me free minutes, texts and data

I got a free 3 sim PAYG put £20 credit on & got free £5 in data, we used SKYPE to keep in touch & arrange where we were meeting up if we went to different places.

You can use the 3 Sim and still keep your regular number on WhatsApp you don't have to change the WhatsApp number. It works perfectly fine, did it for 2 full weeks

That should work fine, just check that the package your sim is on comes under the deal where you can use your minutes & data in the states without roaming charges.

I mention this because I have an older tariff and though it isn't one of the 'Essential' plans that aren't part of the deal, I still don't get to use my allowance abroad (which is a killer as I have unlimited data).

What I did was buy a USA sim and use that while I'm out there. It's a much better deal for me and it's cool to have a 407 area code number. :)

A little tip using 3 SIM cards in the US. I had problems connecting to the Internet the first couple of days. Sometimes I had full strength signal and yet no Internet. So I went to the mobile networks settings in my phone and manually selected AT&T, this made the trick. If the phone auto-selects TMobile, I don't get Internet. Not sure if this may be a common problem.

A little tip using 3 SIM cards in the US. I had problems connecting to the Internet the first couple of days. Sometimes I had full strength signal and yet no Internet. So I went to the mobile networks settings in my phone and manually selected AT&T, this made the trick. If the phone auto-selects TMobile, I don't get Internet. Not sure if this may be a common problem.
Thats a top tip!

T-Mobile seems to be terrible in Orlando

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter