• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

USH Free Shuttle

studog100

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever did this? I see on their website that a shuttle bus will pick us up at our Anaheim hotel and take us to and from USH. What can I expect? How long will i be on the bus? Is it worth it or should i just drive?

Ken

I did this and it was a nice experience. A bus picks up from several Anaheim hotels and the taken to a "sorting" center about 10 minutes away. Once on the bus to Universal it was only 45 minutes to an hour. If I had like Universal ( I didn't) I would to it again.

Rosie,

I need to get back from anaheim to hollywood. Would they just do a drop off, and did you notice people taking carry ons, or the like. As I will be staying in anaheim for a few days. But, want to end my vaca at universal. I already have two rooms booked for the trip. But, I was going to take the transit system. But, maybe this will work??:confused3

Oh, I will be by myself. If this matters. TIA

Yes I did it and it was FANTASTIC! Actually I am doing it again in June. A bus picks you up from your hotel first thing in the morning (Well before universal is open) and takes you to like someone above said "A sorting" area about 10min away where you pick up your vouchers for Universal and you hop on the actual tour bus that takes you to Universal. The sorting area and bus change takes you a total of 15 minutes TOPS before your on your way again.

The bus is comfortable and the driver is a tour guide who along the way points out different areas of where filming was done, such as the road where the drag racing scene from Terminator was filmed, you also drive over the bridge where the jumping bridge scene was done for Speed, he points out where parts of Gilligans island was filmed etc. Loads more to see, but you wouldnt know it unless it was pointed out. It was really fascinating and a great way to start off the universal trip.

My bus driver even pointed to some areas in East L.A and told us about the gangs and such in that area. I found that kinda cool cause you think of it as something you would see in movies anyway.

The bus drivers will also be happy to give you tips on Universal which is very helpful if you have questions before you start your day.

When you arrive at Universal, you are told what time to meet back up in the "Parking lot bus area" that you were dropped off at. You just look for your assigned bus number, and the bus leaves as the park closes and it takes you straight back to your hotel with no stops at the sorting area.

Mystic, you are the best!! I think I will go this route. I was perplexed. Because I did'nt really know what I wanted to do. But, I will take the shuttle. Now, since you recommend it. Here was my dilemma. I am going to fly in on the 18th. With my husband. I was hoping by 2-2:30p.m. Both of us would be heading to universal, until closing which is 6p.m. The next day the 19th. I alone will head to the hotel I booked in anaheim, via the transit system. While the husband stays in hollywood on convention. I will stay to visit disney until the 21st. I was going to take the transit system back sometime in the morning on the 21st, as 12 would be checkout time, to head back to hollywood, and spend the day there until closing.. But, now I will just get up earlier, and take the free shuttle back, one way. The only thing, I was concerned about was not being able to buy the fotl ticket. As I wanted to be able see everything, before closing on the 21st. Because, I fly back home, early a.m. on the 22nd. But, getting there early via the free shuttle. I hope will be enough. Thank you so very much!!

No problem what so ever. What I would recommend doing is when you book your free shuttle ticket "CALL THEM AND BOOK" insted of doing it online that way you get a full out answer. They will ask you what hotel you are staying at and they will give you a time to be outside and ready waiting for the bus first thing in the morning or when to pick the shuttle up in the evening. Its very simple. I doubt you will have much of a problem.

The bus drivers have a list of who is on their bus and where they are staying, and I noticed that my bus driver was very accomodating with families who were a bit late getting back to the bus after US closed, and he made sure they were taken care of and on their way back to anaheim on a different bus. But I am sure if you are at US to begin with and need to get to DL they would let you if you told them where you are staying. There will always be a bus with space on it.

If not you can always look into the grayline busses to and from DL to US vice versa

Thanks for the great details Mystic. We purchased our tickets for USH and the shuttle online and will be using them in May. We had previously stayed at DLR and drove to Universal ourselves but this sounded like a good idea. It is always nice to have a full explanation of what to expect.
:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Hi

Does anyone know what the pick up times are?? This is agreat bargain considering hubby and I paid about $90 for a ticket and transportation when we visited last time - doh!

pluto: pluto:

The pickup times are before 10:00am in the morning. I got picked up at my hotel at 8:30 and the US park didnt open till around 10am. We were there on time for opening. It was great. Dont worry, they coinside with the hours of US. They wouldnt jip you on the hours you spend in the park. For a full day ticket that you purchase, they make sure you have that full day to spend there

Where is the contact info? I don't think that was included here. Does anyone know if you can take an ECV on the bus (Handicap Scooter)?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter