• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Use CAUTION when Reassigning Halloween and Christmas Party Tickets

They seem to be stepping this up. Nicknames are no longer safe to avoid cloning. Best to make separate MDEs really. Though random names should be safe.

NBFP+ no longer work, at least not when manipulated on the app.
Hey @ScrapYap :wave2: ~ just confirming random names are still okay.

I forgot to mention this during my recent trip... maybe because I was fixated on "racism in WDW!"

We found that our fingerscans were not needed for our MNSSHP tickets. I ended up not linking them to an MDE account and when we entered at 3:50ish, the tapstile "greened" very quickly - almost immediately and before we felt our fingerscan had been completed.

After picking up our SOTMK Party card and mailing one out to the FP+ guru-guy, we left MK and headed over to Contemp in advance of our Cali Grill dinner. Upon our return to the Party, we tapped out Party Cards and before we could place our fingers on the fingerscan tapstile, Mickey "greened!"

I thought this was quite interesting as isn't the fingerscan a security measure? Perhaps it is a deletion to speed up the entry process for the Party? Not really sure of the significance, well I'm sure we could think of a few ;), but just thought I'd let you know.

Hey @ScrapYap :wave2: ~ just confirming random names are still okay.

I forgot to mention this during my recent trip... maybe because I was fixated on "racism in WDW!"

We found that our fingerscans were not needed for our MNSSHP tickets. I ended up not linking them to an MDE account and when we entered at 3:50ish, the tapstile "greened" very quickly - almost immediately and before we felt our fingerscan had been completed.

After picking up our SOTMK Party card and mailing one out to the FP+ guru-guy, we left MK and headed over to Contemp in advance of our Cali Grill dinner. Upon our return to the Party, we tapped out Party Cards and before we could place our fingers on the fingerscan tapstile, Mickey "greened!"

I thought this was quite interesting as isn't the fingerscan a security measure? Perhaps it is a deletion to speed up the entry process for the Party? Not really sure of the significance, well I'm sure we could think of a few ;), but just thought I'd let you know.

Ironically, omitting the finger scan for the party is to prevent fraud. Otherwise, someone could unethically set up a separate biometric that tapped into another person's entitlements such as an AP.

I ordered my MNSSHP tickets but I never received a hard ticket. That was way back in July, I ordered over the phone, I see them on my MDE is that ok?

It is pretty confusing! Compare the ticket numbers from the back of the plastic cards to the numbers shown on the MBs and Cards page of your MDE. You'll find that the card originally linked to you is still linked to you. But since you switched your entitlement to the correct adult ticket, your card now has that entitlement. So you should be all set. Just remember that though you switched the entitlements, the plastic cards are anchored to you permanently. So use the card that matches the one shown for you on your MDE

Okay, so I'm still a bit confused, too, and have several or more questions just to clarify, lol! We do have AP's and will enter MK earlier on our Xmas party day.

So, is it better to call and order 2 MVMCP tickets or better to just order them online? Will I be better able to get a hard ticket for the party one way or the other, or either way, without hooking to my original MDE?
How will it who to attach the tickets to in my acct, if say, I add two extra names, how will it know which two of the four names to attach to? Does it matter the ages of these two random names? And, if I put these random names on my MDE, will they think those two people are staying in my room?

Or, I'm thinking, maybe am I just better off buying our two party tickets online thru new MDE's for the use of getting FP with our party tickets after 4 pm? Do I have to buy each of our tickets on our own second MDE, or can I order them for both of us thru my second MDE after I 'join' the two accts as family/friends? Can I just make it with using our entire full name, different than my MDE with my first, mid initial, last? Assume the age would not matter in this case? The address would be the same, does that matter?

Is there any benefit to creating a new MDE just to buy party tickets vs doing it on my original MDE? I'm thinking the new MDE might be best, but wanting to check to be sure!

Thank you very much, in advance! :goodvibes

Ironically, omitting the finger scan for the party is to prevent fraud. Otherwise, someone could unethically set up a separate biometric that tapped into another person's entitlements such as an AP.
ScrapYap... Please help me! I totally get the whole extra MDE phantom mb thing but want to be clear about how to do xmas party tix...So, will be going to mk all day on day of our party so will already be in mk before 4 using our real MDE ticketed mb. What is the best way to buy our xmas tix? Considering creating phantoms on our reg MDE... But should cards be assigned to us or phantoms? Can we leave cards and entitlement on the phantom guests? Or would we have problems acquiring our wristbands?
Thanks

Can we leave cards and entitlement on the phantom guests? Or would we have problems acquiring our wristbands?
Yes, leave the card and entitlement with the phantoms. When you go to pick up your party wristbands in Tomorrowland or at Tortuga Tavern, the CM will scan your Party cards and then place a wristband on your wrist. Names and fingerscans don't matter as long as you have a valid Party ticket/card.

Thank you Hiro!! Last question on this I think... In order to book fp on these more than 30 days out do I reassign them to us temporarily and then back to phantoms?

Thank you Hiro!! Last question on this I think... In order to book fp on these more than 30 days out do I reassign them to us temporarily and then back to phantoms?

No need to do any reassigning to prebook FP for the Christmas party tix. The phantoms can prebook at 30 days (for only the party day and no other days) because they are ticket holders. You get 60 days if your phantom is part of a group booking FP+ when the other people in the group are resort guests. This is described in detail on page one of the SDFP thread.
http://www.disboards.com/threads/maximize-fp-get-a-second-set-see-post-227-before-posting.3245463/

Hi ScrapYap, would you be able to take a look at part of my post #44 from above that I've partially quoted below please?

Or, I'm thinking, maybe am I just better off buying our two party tickets online thru new MDE's for the use of getting FP with our party tickets after 4 pm?......

I've made a second MDE using the name I go by regularly, as opposed to my full legal name. I've used my own same address though, and my same Dvisa, and same cell phone number, in setting up my second MDE. What about age if it asks somewhere? I plan to make another for DD25, join us as family/friends, and then buy our MVMCP tickets. Is it necessary to make her a second MDE if I want FP for both of us on the MVMCP tickets? Will this work? Or will they figure out both MDE's with some same info, are mine? Can I make any day of FP on days other than my party day, if that's the only ticket that is attached for us on this new MDE? Will the MDE 'know' it's not the day of the party and not let me book other FP's? If I can book on other days, using that ticket, can I book at other parks than MK? If that was possible, can I use that ticket attached to my second MDE, can I do this after my party day is over and the ticket has been used?

Hoping you have a min to check out my post and share a couple thoughts, trying to hold off buying the party tickets till I know where I should put them. Thanks very much if you are able to help! :santa:

Scrapyap,
Seems that the mods shut down the previous threads about sdfp. Here's my situation any information would be appreciated. Family of 4 going in March. I didn't know about the whole extra MB SDFP until after I booked my reservation. Long story short I already booked and registered MDE under all actual info. In addition I actually purchased the customized bands prior to my reservation because the family wanted them. Come to find that I get the color MB for free since I'm staying on site and I happened to link them all to the same MDE. So now I basically have one MDE with fancy new MB and new color ones coming I the mail sometime in Feb that are basically going to be useless. In order to take advantage of SDFP I can Oder new color bands but this time link them to a phantom MDE. I'm going for 7 days and sounds like perhaps the $50 might be worth having extra FP especially for the night events

You might want to wait until a month or six weeks before your trip before deciding.

The app is no longer allowing NBFP+. Hiro - is this news to you? It was to me. The moment you reassign a ticket, the newly ticketless profile will lose any FP+. This might not be the case on the webiste - I haven't tried yet. It was the case on the app as of yesterday. Hiro, have you any comps to experiment with?

Anyway, Steve - things seem to be changing. It's possible the loophole will close by March. Then again, it might never close. To quote Mel Happy Haunt (greatest trip reporter ever), "Yada blah." At least, I think she coined that. Unless it was me.

Steve, do you go every year? Any chance you would want to buy your 2017 tickets now? You could apply the $50 you would have spent on more bands to the 2017 tix. If you linked them to a different MDE, you wouldn't have to buy any MBs. You could use the voucher card to access the prebooked FP+, which are of course far superior to SDFP+.

Or do you have any friends or family from whom you could borrow MBs?

Hi ScrapYap, would you be able to take a look at part of my post #44 from above that I've partially quoted below please?

I've made a second MDE using the name I go by regularly, as opposed to my full legal name. I've used my own same address though, and my same Dvisa, and same cell phone number, in setting up my second MDE. What about age if it asks somewhere? I plan to make another for DD25, join us as family/friends, and then buy our MVMCP tickets. Is it necessary to make her a second MDE if I want FP for both of us on the MVMCP tickets? Will this work? Or will they figure out both MDE's with some same info, are mine? Can I make any day of FP on days other than my party day, if that's the only ticket that is attached for us on this new MDE? Will the MDE 'know' it's not the day of the party and not let me book other FP's? If I can book on other days, using that ticket, can I book at other parks than MK? If that was possible, can I use that ticket attached to my second MDE, can I do this after my party day is over and the ticket has been used?

Hoping you have a min to check out my post and share a couple thoughts, trying to hold off buying the party tickets till I know where I should put them. Thanks very much if you are able to help! :santa:

Okay, so I'm still a bit confused, too, and have several or more questions just to clarify, lol! We do have AP's and will enter MK earlier on our Xmas party day.

So, is it better to call and order 2 MVMCP tickets or better to just order them online? Will I be better able to get a hard ticket for the party one way or the other, or either way, without hooking to my original MDE?
How will it who to attach the tickets to in my acct, if say, I add two extra names, how will it know which two of the four names to attach to? Does it matter the ages of these two random names? And, if I put these random names on my MDE, will they think those two people are staying in my room?

Or, I'm thinking, maybe am I just better off buying our two party tickets online thru new MDE's for the use of getting FP with our party tickets after 4 pm? Do I have to buy each of our tickets on our own second MDE, or can I order them for both of us thru my second MDE after I 'join' the two accts as family/friends? Can I just make it with using our entire full name, different than my MDE with my first, mid initial, last? Assume the age would not matter in this case? The address would be the same, does that matter?

Is there any benefit to creating a new MDE just to buy party tickets vs doing it on my original MDE? I'm thinking the new MDE might be best, but wanting to check to be sure!

If you buy the party tickets on your regular MDE, you can get the AP discount. You don't need to set up a separate MDE as long as you make the names of the phantoms very distinct from any real names on the MDE. Make the ages 17. (That way you can later book these phantoms into resort rooms, if you want to, without paying anything extra for them as adult phantoms.)

The only people that Disney will assume are staying in your room will be the people on the resort reservation. Some people have 20 profiles on their MDE -- various children, stepchildren, nieces, nephews, grandparents, etc. etc. And of course, some people have phantoms, too. Disney is not going to assume that all of those people on an MDE are stuffed into a single room at All Stars. The address doesn't matter.

The MDE website will prompt you to choose the individual profiles for whom the party tickets are intended. Choose two phantoms that you previously set up. Ask them to mail you the hard plastic tickets - which you will need to enter the party and to access your FP+. You can only book FP+ for the night of the party for the phantoms, because that is the only day for which those phantoms have tickets. No ticket = no advance FP+.

The plastic cards they mail you for your phantom party tickets can be used for prebooked FP+ only on the day of the party. But they can be used any other day (either before or after the party) for SDFP+ at the kiosks.

P.S. You might want to reread page one of the SDPF+ thread to avoid confusion. If you still feel confused after rereading that page, you might want to skip the whole phantom thing as it may cause more trouble than it saves.

The app is no longer allowing NBFP+. Hiro - is this news to you? It was to me. The moment you reassign a ticket, the newly ticketless profile will lose any FP+. This might not be the case on the webiste - I haven't tried yet. It was the case on the app as of yesterday. Hiro, have you any comps to experiment with?
Hey Scrap - when you reported it last week (10/10), I booked FPs via the app and then reassigned the tickets. The FPs remained! On 10/11, I received a Disney email alerting me to my NBFPs wih the explanation they would be cleared on 10/12 if tickets were not linked.

I have now booked FPs for 10/21 for Barnstormer, Mad Tea Party, and LM; reassigned the ticket and the FPs remain. Everything I do is via the app. I can't Modify the FP now that the ticket has been reassigned, but, it is still a valid FP. It should hold through the 20th as my above^^ FPs did. Will report back if anything deviates from what I found last week.

You might want to wait until a month or six weeks before your trip before deciding.

Anyway, Steve - things seem to be changing. It's possible the loophole will close by March. Then again, it might never close. To quote Mel Happy Haunt (greatest trip reporter ever), "Yada blah." At least, I think she coined that. Unless it was me.

Steve, do you go every year? Any chance you would want to buy your 2017 tickets now? You could apply the $50 you would have spent on more bands to the 2017 tix. If you linked them to a different MDE, you wouldn't have to buy any MBs. You could use the voucher card to access the prebooked FP+, which are of course far superior to SDFP+.

Or do you have any friends or family from whom you could borrow MBs?

Hey Scrap - when you reported it last week (10/10), I booked FPs via the app and then reassigned the tickets. The FPs remained! On 10/11, I received a Disney email alerting me to my NBFPs wih the explanation they would be cleared on 10/12 if tickets were not linked.

I have now booked FPs for 10/21 for Barnstormer, Mad Tea Party, and LM; reassigned the ticket and the FPs remain. Everything I do is via the app. I can't Modify the FP now that the ticket has been reassigned, but, it is still a valid FP. It should hold through the 20th as my above^^ FPs did. Will report back if anything deviates from what I found last week.

Try it again the next time you're on property. It didn't work as you described. Instant "poof" to the FP+.

Scrap,
I hear what you're saying about buying new 2017 tickets now since they don't expire and I can use them at the park for solely fast pass. Honestly I would really use the phantoms for the shows. I know that would really only be useful for 3 max
But I would be ok with that. I wish I had family members that had previous cards, none here. I can just buy the magic bands and create a separate MDE as I get closer to the date. I wonder if I could return my magic bands but probably not since I already linked them. So what are you hearing right now scrap the whole phantom thing still works?

Try it again the next time you're on property. It didn't work as you described. Instant "poof" to the FP+.
That is interesting. Won't be back until February so will keep checking periodically until I can research when on property.

@Steve19842015 I can verify that the phantom friends still work as they are "valid" profiles in MDE. I've had my friend RedMB for months now and moved tickets to Red a few minutes ago while doing my reassigning.

Couldn't I do this in theory....Create 4 phantoms on my existing MDE... Then reassign the fancy MB to the four phantoms? Then just use the ones i get in the mail as my Regular MAgic Bands.

Scrap,
I hear what you're saying about buying new 2017 tickets now since they don't expire and I can use them at the park for solely fast pass. Honestly I would really use the phantoms for the shows. I know that would really only be useful for 3 max
But I would be ok with that. I wish I had family members that had previous cards, none here. I can just buy the magic bands and create a separate MDE as I get closer to the date. I wonder if I could return my magic bands but probably not since I already linked them. So what are you hearing right now scrap the whole phantom thing still works?

Definitely still working right now.

Though the app page on property had a different appearance and would not allow reassignment of tickets with a holding period for FP+ (as had been the case very recently - and is still what Hiro is seeing). So that makes me think things are updating.

If you access the MDE app on the Disney server itself -- how might that be a different experience than from off property? Ask one of your genius children, Hiro.

Steve, if you purchase the extra bands, you don't have to set up a second MDE - but you have to choose very distinct names for the phantoms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter