Us, Food, Drink, Friends, and Sledge (Hijack update Disney and Napa Rose 12/16)

Well, I think we'd like to reserve one for February. :flower3:

Glad your power came back on ... I hate losing power at night 'cuz I'm sceeered of the dark. :eek:

I'm working on a quick (for me) update of my birthday breakfast ... I wonder if I can actually manage to get it posted before I go to bed tonight?

BTW ... I am sooo looking forward to your next PFTS review. Isn't that the one where you guys got to party down with CDtommie and his wife? :cutie:

Im not thrilled of it when Jason is gone.. at least with it on I have bad TV and DIS! :)

Yes it is.. I think we have the Blue Zoo dinner and then PFTS! and that is it!

Post my friend and by the way you can have an actual room! I think it's the HP Suite! Well.. if Kabuki will get her furry butt off the bed!:rotfl2:

OK ... my wee little update is posted so feel free to take your turn. ;)

You still have the whole day Friday ... food booths and seminar ... Dining Plan Bluezoo ... all day Saturday ... PFTS with the CDtommies ... lots for you to share!

And it's finally Friday!!! :goodvibes

I hope your Jason made it safely home to you last night. :hug:

Oct - 23rd - Or our last day With Jay and Brenda -

Looking back on this day I see we didn't end up taking a lot of pictures but it was a great day! I will just give you the food 1st! We spent the afternoon having some favorites at the booths since Jason and Brenda were taking off the next day - So I will only post what I haven't already done!

Scallop from New Zealand! Very Tasty but worth $5? :confused3
WDW2009foodandwine940.jpg

Sledge with his last Cannelloni and Prosecco!
WDW2009foodandwine945.jpg

Brenda and I hanging out! Isn't she cute in this dress! Well, she's always cute but I loved this dress!
WDW2009foodandwine961.jpg

WDW2009foodandwine965.jpg

• Chicken Ürümqi $3.75
WDW2009foodandwine967.jpg

I thought this was just ok - would not have gotten again!

Everything from -
Desserts & Champagne

• Austrian Gugelhupf (Austrian Bundt Cake) $3.00
• Strawberry Shortcake $3.00
• Frozen Grand Marnier Parfait, Orange Coulis

WDW2009foodandwine971.jpg

WDW2009foodandwine972.jpg

WDW2009foodandwine973.jpg

Everything was good! I loved the shortcake!

WDW2009foodandwine964.jpg

We left Jay and Brenda so they could pack a little and rest. We both had ADR's that night - us at Flying Fish since it would be our last night to dine at a restaurant (PFTS tomorrow!) and they had Jiko! They called us and wanted to know if we would want to go with them to Jiko instead. We said we would LOVVVVVVVVVVVVE to join you and planned to meet in the lobby at the Boardwalk at 5:30!

When we met them they had a wonderful idea! Since we were not able to get a 4 top at Jiko or Flying Fish - why don't we head for a Blue Zoo night and sit in the bar! This was perfect! We had not been yet and love the drinks, they had but the Meat Puppet had made a mess of their signature dinner and Sledge could go because it was loud enough to be a Sledge friendly environment!

Jay and Brenda waiting for our response to the new plans!

WDW2009foodandwine989.jpg

Sledge at the Blue Zoo!
WDW2009foodandwine990.jpg

Sledge with his best buddies
WDW2009foodandwine991.jpg

Sledge with a Dancing Fish!
WDW2009foodandwine992.jpg

I didn't take food pictures but I do have cocktails! I know this shocks you all! :rotfl2:

Kirkland (not from Costco)! -Jason's drink!
WDW2009foodandwine997.jpg

Dirty Martini (bad martini bad!:lmao:)
WDW2009foodandwine999.jpg

I know we had a flat bread and a scallop dish, I know we had some sweetbreads and I think we had dessert. I hope Brenda took some pictures for you.

All I have to say is the evening was perfect! We were sad to see them leave and wish they lived closer! I have never not made it to so many ADR's on a trip and never regretted missing one! Thank you Jason and Brenda for making this our bestest trip to WDW ever - We love you guys! :lovestruc

I remember when you and Bendy were making your ADRs the morning the F&W ressies opened.....if you only knew then what you know now, you both could have slept in!:lmao:

I remember when you and Bendy were making your ADRs the morning the F&W ressies opened.....if you only knew then what you know now, you both could have slept in!:lmao:

I KNOW! :lmao: Oh well - Sleep I'll never get back was worth it! :rotfl2:

So we all went to Australia
• Grilled Lamb Chop, Red Wine Sauce, Murray River Sea Salt $5.50
• Lamington $3.00

WDW2009foodandwine856.jpg

I can eat those lamp chops all day! It's Meat that comes on it's on Meat Stick! Like classy natural fair food! :rotfl2:

The cake was like a Coconut Zinger and again the sugar boy liked it but it was not his favorite!

My friend's mom is originally from Australia and when ever she comes to visit, she makes the Lamingtons.

I didn't take food pictures but I do have cocktails! I know this shocks you all! :rotfl2:

Kirkland (not from Costco)! -Jason's drink!
WDW2009foodandwine997.jpg

Dirty Martini (bad martini bad!:lmao:)
WDW2009foodandwine999.jpg

I know we had a flat bread and a scallop dish, I know we had some sweetbreads and I think we had dessert. I hope Brenda took some pictures for you.

All I have to say is the evening was perfect! We were sad to see them leave and wish they lived closer! I have never not made it to so many ADR's on a trip and never regretted missing one! Thank you Jason and Brenda for making this our bestest trip to WDW ever - We love you guys! :lovestruc

Ok, what is a Kirkland if it's not a Costco brand drink :confused3

When you were drinking on the balcony, was that the Fairytale champagne? Brown Derby gave us glasses of that for our anniversary and it was pretty good :goodvibes

My friend's mom is originally from Australia and when ever she comes to visit, she makes the Lamingtons.

Ok, what is a Kirkland if it's not a Costco brand drink :confused3

When you were drinking on the balcony, was that the Fairytale champagne? Brown Derby gave us glasses of that for our anniversary and it was pretty good :goodvibes

It's just the name they gave the drink! It's made with gin, maybe the limes are from Costco! :rotfl2:

Yes, It was Fairytale - It's by Ironhorse! They make is special for the resort! I love that they give you a glass of it for your anniversary! :yay:

That drink Jason had looks cool - I like the Sidecar myself. They used to have a pizza martini - tomato juice, vodka, some shredded basil and a black olive stuffed with parmesan cheese - that was AWESOME.

That drink Jason had looks cool - I like the Sidecar myself. They used to have a pizza martini - tomato juice, vodka, some shredded basil and a black olive stuffed with parmesan cheese - that was AWESOME.

Yum!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup2

Loved the last update ... we had such a good day with you guys even if I was coming down with a raging case of bronchitis from the Most Magical Petri Dish on Earth. :lmao:

And never fear ... we have a ton of food pictures from Bluezoo ... look for them on my thread some time in March. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

And thank you for making our trip so much fun - we too, have never canceled and or accidentally missed so many painstakingly planned ADRs on a Disney trip before. It was totally worth it! You and Jason are such fun, great people - it was a lucky night for us when we checked Jay's phone and said, "Let's go check out this Bellevue Lounge Place and meet up with that Kabuki person and her Jason." :hug::hug::hug:

Loved the last update ... we had such a good day with you guys even if I was coming down with a raging case of bronchitis from the Most Magical Petri Dish on Earth. :lmao:

And never fear ... we have a ton of food pictures from Bluezoo ... look for them on my thread some time in March. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

And thank you for making our trip so much fun - we too, have never canceled and or accidentally missed so many painstakingly planned ADRs on a Disney trip before. It was totally worth it! You and Jason are such fun, great people - it was a lucky night for us when we checked Jay's phone and said, "Let's go check out this Bellevue Lounge Place and meet up with that Kabuki person and her Jason." :hug::hug::hug:

We loves us Brenda and Jay! We have been out stocking the bar for the holidays! :dance3:
The people in line a head of us asked if we had a liver left!? I said nope!!! They were just jealous:rotfl2:!

that drink jason had looks cool - i like the sidecar myself. They used to have a pizza martini - tomato juice, vodka, some shredded basil and a black olive stuffed with parmesan cheese - that was awesome.

yum!!!!!!!

I'd want a pizza martini! :banana:

And I think we are all over the place, location wise. Why don't you move, Chelsi? I'm sure you want the sub-zero wind chill temps and piles of snow! :rotfl2:

I'd want a pizza martini! :banana:

And I think we are all over the place, location wise. Why don't you move, Chelsi? I'm sure you want the sub-zero wind chill temps and piles of snow! :rotfl2:

Didn't you hear? Chelsi & Jason are going to start up a DIS-tent city for disgrunted friendies who want to escape the cold weather blahs. Jay and I called dibs on the two-story cardboard box! :rotfl2:

Hello! I am hijacking my own thread. We just got back from using our canceled Boardwalk weeks worth of studio points on a one night Grand Californian two bedroom! Jason took a ton of pictures of the room, Disneyland for the holidays and our dinner at Napa Rose.

I am posting the room pictures 1st since I don't need to say much more then they almost needed to remove me by gun point! This place was so beautiful and had a view into California Adventure! I want to bring the cats and move in! :rotfl2:

Picture time!
Kitchen and front room

DisneylandDec09019.jpg

Bedroom 1

DisneylandDec09020.jpg

DisneylandDec09021.jpg

DisneylandDec09022.jpg

DisneylandDec09023.jpg

DisneylandDec09026.jpg

DisneylandDec09024.jpg

DisneylandDec09025.jpg

I love that room.
Can't wait to see what you ate at Napa! That is one yummy place.:yay:

More common area

DisneylandDec09027.jpg

DisneylandDec09032.jpg

2nd bed room

DisneylandDec09167.jpg

DisneylandDec09165.jpg

Disney all over!
DisneylandDec09173.jpg

DisneylandDec09175.jpg

DisneylandDec09177.jpg

DisneylandDec09170.jpg

Pool

DisneylandDec09183.jpg

DisneylandDec09186.jpg

DisneylandDec09185.jpg

Cabanas
DisneylandDec09184.jpg

Outside fireplace
DisneylandDec09180.jpg

Front sign
DisneylandDec09178.jpg

Antique Car!
DisneylandDec09179.jpg

I love that room.
Can't wait to see what you ate at Napa! That is one yummy place.:yay:

I will do that one this week when I have time to write about it! They didn't give us a copy of the menu - all I can say is that it was my 3rd time eating here and the service was BLAHHHHH compared to before! The food was still wonderful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter