• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

US & Canada PTR - 2 sleeps to go, wow

:dance3:Happy packing just think about how less stressed you will be with it all done :)

Feel very sorry for your client with the baby with the broken leg that's awful :sad2:

Well today was productive for sure. I am approx. 85% packed and just need next weekend to come for the jigsaw puzzle of packing to fall into place.

This week can now be focused around work and the taming of the beast that is work so I feel good about everything. Whew:thumbsup2!!!!

I adore our beautiful Shushh and I think the love affair began when she started planning her Christmas trip in 2010 but truth be told, it may have been earlier :rotfl2:. Anyway, I remember her lovely trip report and so tonight, champagne in hand of course, I decided to reread her adventure to get me inspired.

I'm only a few days into the trip and there are a few things I forgot.

Reading her PTR reminded me that I had originally hoped to do this dream Christmas trip 1 year ago, for Christmas 2011. This renewed knowledge filled me with a combination of happiness and sadness. Sadness because we hadn't done that trip because in 2011 we were still planning to build the McMansion on the hill that would preclude any future OS trips.

And happiness because we decided not to build the house and to concentrate on enjoying taking our family overseas.

And extra happiness because my FIL managed to live through another Christmas with us before passing away earlier this year. We were very blessed to have him in our lives for so much longer than anyone could've hoped.

And lastly, it made me giggle when I saw she flew out on 9 Dec as well. I am clearly Shushh's biggest fan :rotfl2:

I am so looking forward to your TR!

I know you promised to do it live, but I will forgive you if you run a bit behind!

That's a great dedication, Shuttergirl. :thumbsup2

Enjoy the moment, champagne in hand.

I know you are saying that tongue in cheek PIO.

I am so looking forward to your TR!

I know you promised to do it live, but I will forgive you if you run a bit behind!

Last trip I did a day to day update, so I do have my fingers crossed I can do the same this time. Obviously there may be days where it doesn't happen but it will mainly happen live.

I know you are saying that tongue in cheek PIO.

Last trip I did a day to day update, so I do have my fingers crossed I can do the same this time. Obviously there may be days where it doesn't happen but it will mainly happen live.

Just enjoy your holiday. We can wait for the vicarious living afterwards. :p

I adore our beautiful Shushh and I think the love affair began when she started planning her Christmas trip in 2010 but truth be told, it may have been earlier :rotfl2:. Anyway, I remember her lovely trip report and so tonight, champagne in hand of course, I decided to reread her adventure to get me inspired.

I'm only a few days into the trip and there are a few things I forgot.

Reading her PTR reminded me that I had originally hoped to do this dream Christmas trip 1 year ago, for Christmas 2011. This renewed knowledge filled me with a combination of happiness and sadness. Sadness because we hadn't done that trip because in 2011 we were still planning to build the McMansion on the hill that would preclude any future OS trips.

And happiness because we decided not to build the house and to concentrate on enjoying taking our family overseas.

And extra happiness because my FIL managed to live through another Christmas with us before passing away earlier this year. We were very blessed to have him in our lives for so much longer than anyone could've hoped.

And lastly, it made me giggle when I saw she flew out on 9 Dec as well. I am clearly Shushh's biggest fan :rotfl2:

How can I NOT respond to someone declaring their love for me?!?!? I hope I can continue to inspire my biggest fan...

I still remember when you were planning your new house and the difficult period when your FIL was unwell and then passed away. Enjoy this most wonderful trip that you have planned to the US as well as your upcoming European adventure. It may be 1 year later, but it is happening!

You just wait until one day, I really take my children down to Canberra for that photo-shoot....:rotfl2:

Hope you enjoyed the champagne!

How can I NOT respond to someone declaring their love for me?!?!? I hope I can continue to inspire my biggest fan...

I still remember when you were planning your new house and the difficult period when your FIL was unwell and then passed away. Enjoy this most wonderful trip that you have planned to the US as well as your upcoming European adventure. It may be 1 year later, but it is happening!

You just wait until one day, I really take my children down to Canberra for that photo-shoot....:rotfl2:

Hope you enjoyed the champagne!

I'm such a stalker geek aren't I :lmao:.

We are very lucky to be planning these 2 adventures, that is for sure.

I'm game for that photo shoot Shushh, Jonah does not scare me at all. He would be putty in my hands, however the lengths I go to during a session to make my little clients love me could potentially mean you never look at me the same again :rotfl:.

And I always enjoy the champagne.:goodvibes

Yesterday saw me get about 85% of the packing done :cool1:. A massive effort and it was a long day but I felt much better about it all.

And then today my assistant work and we got so much done. For the first time in a long time I am feeling like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

All of my babies are born and I know when I'm shooting this week.

I am going out to run a ton of errands tomorrow with a very lengthy to do list that should see me get even more organised.

So - I am finally ready to be excited that in 6 sleeps we are going to the Happiest Place on earth and beyond for 5 weeks.

I'm pinching myself today, lucky lucky lucky!!!!!:)

Ms. Shuttergirl said:
Yesterday saw me get about 85% of the packing done :cool1:. A massive effort and it was a long day but I felt much better about it all.

And then today my assistant work and we got so much done. For the first time in a long time I am feeling like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

All of my babies are born and I know when I'm shooting this week.

I am going out to run a ton of errands tomorrow with a very lengthy to do list that should see me get even more organised.

So - I am finally ready to be excited that in 6 sleeps we are going to the Happiest Place on earth and beyond for 5 weeks.

I'm pinching myself today, lucky lucky lucky!!!!!:)

Yay! I'm so glad you are getting excited. Only six sleeps? That is ultra close :)

Down to 5 sleeps and definitely getting excited. Cannot wait to be sitting on the international flight. I'm likely to fall into a heap then. DH and I spoke about it last night. He's got a huge week, travelling interstate for the next 3 days, big sports day with kids on Sat and last minute packing.

We'll likely all go into a coma on the plane.

Wishful thinking I know ;)

So how are the suitcases looking?

What day do you actually leave, Sunday or Monday - (I cant do the math!!) I am so excited for you! :cool1:

We leave Sunday Battymum.

Suitcases are coming along. I'm trying to decide the best way to go about it. We are taking 3 large suitcases, 2 medium, 1 large rolling duffle and 4 small carry on rolling duffles.

At the moment I have one of the medium cases inside a large case that that means 1 large case empty. The 4 small carry ons are half full of light stuff.

The large duffle is flat in the bottom of a large case.

I could probably get the other medium case inside another large case if I pack very strategically.

The means we would only be wrangling 3 large cases and the carry ons on the way over.

But then I think, well what difference does it make if we check 4 cases instead of 3?

But my DH says, see how much you can squish it all down because I want to know how much space I have to fill with my shopping in Orlando :rolleyes1.

The man is a shopping machine I tell ya :rotfl:.

Shuttergirl, a big trip never seems quite real to me until I'm sitting on that plane! Hope this week goes smoothly, and I'm glad to hear you're really getting excited now. I assume you have your sim cars all sorted out?

Andona

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Ms. Shuttergirl said:
We leave Sunday Battymum.

Suitcases are coming along. I'm trying to decide the best way to go about it. We are taking 3 large suitcases, 2 medium, 1 large rolling duffle and 4 small carry on rolling duffles.

At the moment I have one of the medium cases inside a large case that that means 1 large case empty. The 4 small carry ons are half full of light stuff.

The large duffle is flat in the bottom of a large case.

I could probably get the other medium case inside another large case if I pack very strategically.

The means we would only be wrangling 3 large cases and the carry ons on the way over.

But then I think, well what difference does it make if we check 4 cases instead of 3?

But my DH says, see how much you can squish it all down because I want to know how much space I have to fill with my shopping in Orlando :rolleyes1.

The man is a shopping machine I tell ya :rotfl:.

All I can say is...use the children!!!

Lisa, so happy to hear that things are falling into place. Very excited for you as well. Dec 9 will be here before you know it and what a wonderful day it will be!

And don't worry, just jam it all in the overhead lockers on your domestic flights! :)

Can't wait for you to begin your holiday Ms Shuttergirl. I'm looking forward to coming along for the ride in cyberland :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter