Urgent Poll - would you still book the Dining Plan if gratuity is not included?

Would you still book dining plan at same price if gratuity no longer included?

• Yes, it is a great deal even if more money comes out my pocket for tip

• Yes.

• No. The added cost per day to tip my servers would make the plan not as good a deal.

• No - I do not want the hassle of carrying cash to tip.

• No - I feel bad for servers who will get stiffed because guests assume grat still included.

Results are only viewable after voting.

LandBoatRide

Earning My Ears
The full poll question: If Disney keeps the dining plan at the same price for guests ($37.99 per adult per day) but removes the included gratuity from the plan for table service meals, would you still book the dining plan? Guests would be expected to carry cash for the servers tip or stiff the server. (Or hypothetically charge a credit card for a tip???)

The handwriting is on the wall. Make your voice heard ASAP!

I voted for the first yes. I actually wouldn't mind tipping OOP so I could tip however much I wanted. If they it didn't pay for taxes and tip my answer would probably be no.

The full poll question: If Disney keeps the dining plan at the same price for guests ($37.99 per adult per day) but removes the included gratuity from the plan for table service meals, would you still book the dining plan? Guests would be expected to carry cash for the servers tip or stiff the server. (Or hypothetically charge a credit card for a tip???)

The handwriting is on the wall. Make your voice heard ASAP!

That's not a "same price" deal- It changes the situation completely for people like me where we aren't saving as much as others. (The plan is actually $38.99 per adult per night not $37.99)

I just plugged 18% into my excel spreadsheet that already had the estimated meal totals (no tax or tip). It would add $75 to our budget :eek: (6 nights, 2 people, 12 TS credits). That's a 13.5% INCREASE :scared1:

Divided out, that's adding 6.25 to the plan per day for us if we tip out at 18%...

I'm not sure what I would do truthfully. We are only saving approximately $100 as it is (wont order an appitizer, entree, dessert, drink per meal for each of us... too much food)

Guys, really think about how it will change the price for you.

i have yet to use the dining plan (although i will be in just 25 days!) but I think that it would still be worth it to us. Just the convenience of it is worth the little extra it will cost us. My family likes to eat good food and not having to order the cheapest thing on the menu just because it is cheap seems worth it to me. We won't by any means just be ordering the most expensive thing because it is expensive but we can venture out and try new things that we wouldn't have before.

we tip extra now because I think 15% isn't a very good tip for good service, especially if you have a large party( and no I'm not or have ever been a waiter)

I wouldnt mind at all to tip if it wasnt included.... We have been on the DP a few times and most of the times that we ate we always added a little extra... (depending on the service of course). Some people take advantage of not working as hard after they know that the tip is already included.

Not having the tip included wouldn't bother at all. I would still book the plan.

Even without the tip, the plan is still a good deal.

we tip extra now because I think 15% isn't a very good tip for good service, especially if you have a large party( and no I'm not or have ever been a waiter)

I thought the DDP included tip was 18%:confused3

My main issue would be having to carry and work out a tip, it would negate the convenience element.

Why has this been raised as an issue?

I fall into that catagory of people who use both the DDE as well as the DDP. I have to sit down, each and every trip, and figure which way is going to be cheaper. Usually, they come out pretty close. I tend to go with the DDP even if it's about $50 more..it's just so darn convenient. But, if they deleted the tip from the mix, then it wouldn't be so close in cost.

Nope, the appeal is the all inclusive nature of it and everything being prepaid, for me. I really dislike the need to "hold price" but lessen what I am getting. I prefer a price increase that reflects the increases caused by inflation, an example would be my 1lb can of coffee costing the same as the downsized 13 ounce can which is now the same price as the 11.5 ounce can. Papertowel and many other items are the same way--make people think it is a good savings when in fact it is not. The price of the DDP just went up 18%--and not really it went up 18% of hte actual scost of the food not what you paid for the plan, rather than the 3% or so it should go up per year! Here's an example of how that would pan out--at just CP (a middle of the road value) for a family of four adults the total tip at 18% would be an additional $20. that makes the plan cost $43.99 per person--far higher than a 3% increase in DDP price of $1.17. Add that $20-50 per day depending upon your dining choices and I think the result will be people will get the DDP and not tip or leave very inferior tips. Back to the 10% tips at buffets for many, if they even leave a tip, and back to people thinking that tips should be a flat rate not based on food prices so you'll see a standard $20.00 for a family of four even at the upscale restaurants since people feel it takes the same amount of effort to serve four plates regardless of the food cost. The people who will suffer most are the servers.

yes - still a good deal - plus i can control how much the server actually gets percentage wise (been to a few DDP meals where they didn't deserve the 18% - would've left less, based on service)

Not including the tip would erode the "all-inclusive" nature of the package now. Not that it's completely inclusive at the moment anyway...

It is 18% - and on a bill for 2 people of $60 or $70, I think the tip is a very good one. I met someone from the Crystal Palace who claims 70 - 80k (at least last year), and he said that the dining plan has been great for servers - in part because they sometimes do get double tipped.

Yes, I would still do it. It's a fantastic deal either way IMHO but having the tip included makes it impossible to pass up. :thumbsup2

I am not worried about them changing it for this September as it's been booked and advertised with tip included. :goodvibes

No I would not be bothered with the DDP if it wasn't inclusive. When I work out the numbers without the plan they are very close anyway for us and it's alot of food. It will not be a good deal without tip and tax included. We would actually save money without doing the DDP since we don't all need dessert twice a day or appetizers with every meal. We do eat TS daily though.

Well, I'll know for sure in a few weeks...we have a May 19th trip for the WL and this is the first time we will be using the dining plan. Have been to Disney many times..and felt my kids were at an age at this point, where it might be worth it. I have a 16 year old boy..and a 19 year old girl. My older son who is also coming is 26. Being that we are all eating adult sized meals, I thought it might be a good deal. Looked at the menu prices and figured between adding the tax and gratuity the plan should be worth it. I'm not so sure if it would be as much of a value if it didn't include those items..considering we are a family of 5 adults. We also eat at least one table service meal a day..but have certainly gone days without doing so. I think we'd go out of pocket if we were paying extra for tax and gratuity. Certainly families whose kids are younger...but still paying the adult rate for their meals..it will definetly not be as much of a value to them. There are those who have kids at that 10,11, 12 age group, where they are going to be paying an adult rate..and the kids at 10 probably aren't going to be eating as much as say my 16 year old 6"2" son. It is probably marginal going with the dining at that point..and then adding an almost 20 % gratuity or tax on top of it..it will definetly push those people who were on the edge as far as value to begin with over to Out of Pocket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter