• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upsell rates still exist

bavaria

<font color=deeppink>Makes the best of both worlds
I am pleased to report that I am finally rebooking my often cancelled/delayed May/June weekend trips to the mouse, as work is taking me to Orlando once again. I called last night to request an AP rate over a few weekends in July, and was quoted $99 moderate, or an upsell to YC at $199. (Regular AP rate for that time is $219 for YC)

Since I had cancelled my last YC booking a few weeks ago, I jumped at the chance and rebooked for $20 less/night.

The reservations agent was shocked at the rate offer, and said that she almost never sees it come up. I don't know if their system is sophisticated enough recognize past activity (of 100+ stays, about 70% were moderate, with 20% deluxe, and about 10% value). If so, I could see the upsell being offered to encourage me to try deluxe again. If not, it was just good timing on my part!!

I haven't really been following the Best Rate concerns much lately due to work schedule, but am pleased to see that at least in the short team I was able to secure an AP rate at a very good price (and that the $99 rate was available at multiple moderates over July weekends!)

That's wonderful news!!!! :cool1: How fortunate for you :flower: I hope you have a great trip!!!

That is interesting we have been told that there are not AP rates available at the Yacht club for any weekend in July.

What dates did you book?

Jul 22, 23 and requested Jul 29, 30 but went with POR instead for those dates. Hope it works out for you...

I like the YC for short trips so that I can walk to Epcot and enjoy some of my favourite restaurants (YC Galley and Yachtsman Steakhouse)

bavaria said:
Jul 22, 23 and requested Jul 29, 30 but went with POR instead for those dates. Hope it works out for you...

I like the YC for short trips so that I can walk to Epcot and enjoy some of my favourite restaurants (YC Galley and Yachtsman Steakhouse)

Thanks, I called again after you posted and was told they are completely sold out of all rooms at the Yacht Club for all weekends in July except for suites. No AP rates and no rooms at rack rate except the suites.

It is so confusing.

Sorry that you couldn't enjoy what I received. Remember, it came up as an 'upsell', not the first sell. I requested any moderate, and was offered CBR and PO, with an upsell to Yacht Club. Try that route. (Don't just call and ask for YC at AP rate)

I called around 9pm central time last night...

Best of luck!

the upsell offer comes up if all of the value and mods are really full in an effort to "spread" the guests across property. It is not attached to any AP or discounted rate, just a special offer that pops up every once in a while so there's no way to request it..but here's to hoping it comes your way soon!

I understand upsell, however when they do that they try to sell you on a resort with vacancies.

They are telling me that the Yacht Club is completely booked with no vacancies for any weekend in July. I talked to 3 different agents and were told the same thing. I don't care about the upsell rate or even AP, I am just trying to find a vacancy.

I just did not understand how they can tell me there are no rooms at the Yacht Club, and then turn around and offer the Yacht Club to someone else that was not even trying to book it. They had vacancies at the Beach Club, but not the Yacht Club. Or so they said. :sad2:

That is why it so confusing.

request a moderate resort and it will probably come up for you...the system is not going to look for "upsell" offers for the resort you request. and as i said, it's kinda random but requesting a moderate resort usually works. i think that's what the op did.

I was able to get the $199 per night at the YC. We got it a couple of days ago. We were trying to get a room at the PO-R but they were completely booked. The CM was looking for dates that it would be available and then said that this offer just "popped" up and offered it to us. He said that it had happened once before. He said that a woman had called and the same offer "popped" up and she said that she would call back and let them know whether or not she wanted it. She did not reserve it and when she called back, it was no longer available. It's a little more than we wanted to spend but this might be our last trip for awhile and I would love to have a deluxe room!!!!

Good luck to those of you who are trying to get this offer. Just keep trying!

Amyz00
of-early 80's
FEb. 2004
Jluy 2005

:grouphug: ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo princess: princess: pirate:

Amy, that's pretty much how my upsell worked. Sammie, best wishes for you to get the YC...

Bavaria-

What days are you staying at the YC? We are supposed to be arriving in a couple of weeks if nothing comes up or happens (keeping my fingers crossed for a smooth and sick/hurt free vacation!).

Amyz00

Two weekends in July - 22/23 and 29/30 - if my work schedule doesn't change!!! I have had to rebook several dates lately, and since I got such a great rate at the YC I am hoping that I can keep it....

Right now I have been travelling for 30+ days, and find out my new schedule Tuesday...

I hope that everything turns out ok for you. We are supposed to be going in a couple of weeks. Have you ever been during the month of July?

the YC has availibility on the Disney website for the third and 4th weekend in July

Thanks everyone for your help and suggestions. I understand completely how upsell works. You have a resort such as POFQ that is almost completely booked or is full so when the guest requests it they offer the upsell to another resort that is not full.

However this is where the confusion comes in on my part. I have been told now by 6 agents at CRO that the Yacht Club is completely sold out on all weekends in July except for concierge and suites.

So I don't understand how they can offer any upsells to a resort that is sold out.

DCGrumpy what type of room was listed on the website as been available??

every type for the 3rd weekend, 4th weekend showed waterview

denecarter said:
Sammie, could it be a Friday/Saturday vs. Saturday/Sunday availablity issue?

I needed the same dates as Bavaria and was told due to a large convention they were completely sold out except for suites.

Try again, Sammie. Usually a convention will book a huge block of rooms. As they get closer to their convention date, they will start releasing some of the rooms that won't be used. They must have just dumped some of those unused rooms back into the system this week which is why the YC is now offering them at an upsell rate to fill them again. I'd call today, if you haven't already!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter