UPS tracking says MBs were delivered....I didn't get them!!

karensi

My Family and Disney are my two favorite things!
Has this ever happened to any of you?
I'll call Disney tomorrow morning but in the meantime I'm kind of freaking out. We leave on Sept 8th, do you think there will be time for them to send out new MBs? Will they do this?
Grrr, has this ever happened to any of you?
Did Disney resolve the problem?

Sorry, just kind of nervous about this right now.

Thanks,

Karen

I once had a package that showed delivered when it wasn't, but it came the next day. This wasn't a magic band package, however. If it doesn't come by tomorrow , call. Or you might want to call your UPS office right away in the AM.

It will be ok ,regardless. They have plans in place for things like lost bands.

Also check with your neighbors.

Yep. A few months back, my MBs were delivered to our next door neighbor by accident. It was the postal worker's error because the correct address was listed on the package. That said, with all the packages, numbers, and addresses they're dealing with each day, you can't blame them, but anyways, my neighbors were kind enough to drop if off at our doorstep the next day.

Worst comes to worst, if this package can't be located, you can just call Disney and they'll either send a new package if there's enough time before your arrival or have the customized MBs waiting for y'all at your resort.

Have you checked your mailbox? I've gotten messages from UPS/Fedex that said a package was delivered and it had been delivered by the post office.

How do you know when they ship your magic bands and get a tracking number??? Does Disney email us when bands are shipped???

It could be that UPS delivered the package to your post office and your mailman will be the person to actual deliver the package. That is how all of our magic band orders have arrived to us. Since UPS is delivering to your post office, once that part is done UPS is done and the package will say delivered. However there should also be a note somewhere on the UPS tracking page that the package has been delivered to your post office and to please allow an additional day or two for delivery to you from your post office.

Hope this helps.

I got an email when mine were shipped. and they arrived within a couple of days ...I'm only in GA... so not far to go.

I've had several packages from UPS that said delivered but they arrived several hours to a day later. Not sure how that happens, but it does. I would give it till tomorrow and then call if you don't receive them.

Thank you all for your suggestions and for your support. I do feel better after reading your posts.
One thing, as far as checking with neighbors, I live in a co op apartment building. The tracking information says "left at front door/porch". When anything has been left for me in the past, it always says "left with doorman." So this is another thing that makes me think that maybe the package was lost, or delivered somewhere else.
They couldn't have left it at my front door, I live on a high floor, and there is no "front porch" at my apartment building :sad2:
Also, it says it was delivered to a zip code that is not my zip code. :crazy2:
I'll call Disney, or I guess I should really call MDE, in the morning.

Thanks again,

Karen

This happened to me several times...none of the packages were MBs, but one did come from Disney. In all cases, the package arrived the very next day with no hassles. Not exactly sure of the reasoning. I know the postal carriers and UPS/FedEx drivers are not supposed to mark something as 'delivered' without that being the case, but who knows!

Also, it says it was delivered to a zip code that is not my zip code.

Well, that's the worrying part.

Crazy question. Did you go through a TA? If so, did you check that the address listed was your address and not the TA's?

Crazy question. Did you go through a TA? If so, did you check that the address listed was your address and not the TA's?

That's actually not a crazy question at all. If you book through Orbitz, which I did for our upcoming October stay, you have to go into your MDE account and specifically edit the address of where you want your MB shipped. The default address is Chicago, I think. I already changed ours so I don't remember for certain. All the info that you typed in when you signed up for MDE will still be the same, it's just the shipping address for your MB that will default. It's easily overlooked.

We arrive Sept 7th and still have not received our MB's either. They were shipped like a week ago...Hoping tomorrow...

No, booked everything myself.
A PP, Buffalo2Disney, said that UPS may have delivered the MBs to the Post Office and that the mailman may then be delivering the MBs. The zip code listed on the tracking info is the zip code of our main post office, maybe I'll give it one more day and see if they are delivered tomorrow.
Thank you again to everyone who replied. Even though I know I sound crazed :crazy: I really do feel better knowing that similar things have happened to my fellow Dissers and in many cases their packages were delivered a day or two later.

I've had packaged that said delivered but when going directly on the tracking website, you can see more information on where they are. sometimes the summary websites or looking via google do not show the entire tracking history.

We leave on Sept 8 as well. I was stalking the tracking link out of excitement. When mine was delivered the mail man must have to scan the package. My tracking info was exact to the minute. It said something like delivered to mailbox or door at 2:21 pm. Which was correct, i was anxiously watching from the window.

We leave on Sept 8 as well. I was stalking the tracking link out of excitement. When mine was delivered the mail man must have to scan the package. My tracking info was exact to the minute. It said something like delivered to mailbox or door at 2:21 pm. Which was correct, i was anxiously watching from the window.

beckydisneyb, can I ask when you received your MBs?
Thanks,
Karen

No, booked everything myself.
A PP, Buffalo2Disney, said that UPS may have delivered the MBs to the Post Office and that the mailman may then be delivering the MBs. The zip code listed on the tracking info is the zip code of our main post office, maybe I'll give it one more day and see if they are delivered tomorrow.

This is what happened to us. UPS showed delivered, but they weren't at my home and the delivery zip code was for our main post office, not the town where my home is. Two days later USPS delivered them.

I had this happen to us oo. UPS had handed them to the post office and for some reason it took a day or two to get them to me. Good Luck!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter