• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upgrading to Preferred

johnnyr

DIS Veteran
We are 4 adults that have Seasonal Passes. Will be visiting during Christmas week which is blocked out. Will we have any issues upgrading the Seasonal Pass to Preferred when we arrive or should we upgrade in advance? Concerned about the crowds and if they limit their passes during peak seasons.

You can call the AP line to upgrade, or you can go to guest services when you get there to upgrade.

I upgraded by calling when my AP needed to be renewed. Easy.

Unless the price of the pass goes up, no reason to do until you are ready to pay for the upgrade. Also, when you upgrade is only from when you upgrade day, for the rest of your pass time is valid. Why I waited to do when I was renewing.

And at least when you upgrade to preferred, don’t forget to use the 10 percent discount on most everything.

Oh and they don’t limit use of a valid pass during anytime of the year, unless your pass has blocked use in the park or parks. .

My DD has the seasonal, and we were there our last day, the first day of Mardi Gras, and she was blocked out of the studios. I have the premiere, so I went into the studios to get what I wanted from there, then met up with her in IOA. We tend to only go when her pass is not blocked in any of the parks, so I did not upgrade her for one day, as it was the day we were leaving that evening. And since I go much more then her, made sense for me to have the upgraded pass.

Thank you. I was concerned about waiting to upgrade when we arrive onsite Christmas week but it sounds like it shouldn’t be a problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter