• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upgrading LMT Tickets

Whistlebee

DIS Veteran
If you upgrade tickets bought from LMT from 3 day PH to 4day PH do you lose the money you saved from your discount?

We upgraded two 5 day park hoppers to Deluxe APs and we did not lose the discount. (We were credited the full gate amount of the tickets)

Edited to add: this was in September.

We also didn't loose discounts in December when upgrading from 5 day to APs.

The 'official' policy is that you are only credited with the actual price you paid when upgrading but many people report that they've been credited with the 'gate price'. I guess I'd hope for it but be prepared that they might not.

We had 5-day hoppers from LMT and were also credited for the full price when we upgraded to APs.

I upgraded my 4 day to a 5 day ph and they only credited me the cost I paid for the ticket. The CM was clear that this was the policy so I paid the difference of the 4 day discount to the 5 day. Sounds like there may be a difference when you upgrade to a longer PH than to an AP? Hope it works for you :)

I upgraded my 4 day to a 5 day ph and they only credited me the cost I paid for the ticket. The CM was clear that this was the policy so I paid the difference of the 4 day discount to the 5 day. Sounds like there may be a difference when you upgrade to a longer PH than to an AP? Hope it works for you :)

Just curious to know how long ago this happened? Was it back when LMT gave you a voucher that needed to be exchanged, or has it been since they started emailing you a straight to the gate ticket? Did you upgrade after you had activated the ticket or before first use?

Just curious to know how long ago this happened? Was it back when LMT gave you a voucher that needed to be exchanged, or has it been since they started emailing you a straight to the gate ticket? Did you upgrade after you had activated the ticket or before first use?

Thank you for asking for clarification; I can see I was misleading. My tickets were from Ares and they were in a voucher I exchanged. I upgraded after I activated the ticket on my 4th day of use.

Just did this in January 2017. We had 5 day tickets from LMTC. Used the tickets and on the 4th day, upgraded to AP's. We were credited the full amount when we upgraded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter