Upgrades?

nicoleakr

DIS Veteran
We just purchased a DVC in September. We are planning on using it the first week of December of 19. We bought the poly and we are booking two rooms there. Do they ever upgrade from standard view to a better view?

Virtually never for a points reservation or for a cash reservation made through MS.

Rarely, they may upgrade (or move you to another resort) if what you booked is not available, due to an unexpected maintenance issue.

Do they ever upgrade from standard view to a better view?

Welcome home! I've been a member since the early 90's and love my DVC membership! In answer to your question, I was going to write basically the very same thing that CarolMN has written. (below) This is VERY true. There are a lot of reasons they virtually NEVER upgrade members.

Virtually never for a points reservation or for a cash reservation made through MS.

Rarely, they may upgrade (or move you to another resort) if what you booked is not available, due to an unexpected maintenance issue.

That week is very popular. This year, some dates soldout right at 11 months. Only 72 of 360 studios are lakeview, so unlikely one will be open. Rest are standard. Your best bet is to request Tokelau, one side faces gardens, the other the quiet pool. Some on the end have a partial lake view. The unfavorable standard view is one side of Pago Pago faces the parking lot.

We just purchased a DVC in September. We are planning on using it the first week of December of 19. We bought the poly and we are booking two rooms there. Do they ever upgrade from standard view to a better view?
As a rule no and IMO, the practice of asking for an upgrade like one might at a hotel is inappropriate. There are reports of people asking for an upgrade, getting it and then being charged the extra points.

No upgrades. You booked that room for that number of points. They wouldn't give you a better room without charging you more points.

Thanks! Don't really care if I get upgraded just was wondering how it all works. I hope buying a DVC was the right choice. I need to book two rooms in December the first week , kinda of worried.

You will need to be on line at 8am, exactly 11 month ahead to get one room then book the 2nd one as fast as you can. That is DVC busiest time. Good luck and welcome home.

Last edited:
Thanks! Don't really care if I get upgraded just was wondering how it all works. I hope buying a DVC was the right choice. I need to book two rooms in December the first week , kinda of worried.
If you bought direct, contact your saleperson to see if they can help you book those (or any) studios. You are trying to book those very late in the booking season. If you bought resale, better luck next year.

But if you are booking next year, be ready to book in January, right at 11 months out exactly.

That week is very popular. This year, some dates soldout right at 11 months. Only 72 of 360 studios are lakeview, so unlikely one will be open. Rest are standard. Your best bet is to request Tokelau, one side faces gardens, the other the quiet pool. Some on the end have a partial lake view. The unfavorable standard view is one side of Pago Pago faces the parking lot.

Even with that, a request is only a request. I asked for Tokelau and ended up in Pago Pago facing the parking lot. I still loved it, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter