Upgrade to AP and Memory Maker

Sailormoon2

DIS Veteran
So, I will be travelling down to WDW in August using the 25% off vouchers, good for 5-day tickets. However I have 3 more trips planned to Disney through 2018 so I want to upgrade these tickets to an Annual Pass. My main question is regarding Memory Maker (Photopass) as once you have an AP you get all the digital downloads of your photos for free!! BUT does this ACTIVATE IMMEDIATELY?? I think when you buy memory maker there is a couple day delay, so you can't purchase day of, does this apply to the AP? Has anyone done this recently? Do you have immediate access to the photos?

So, I will be travelling down to WDW in August using the 25% off vouchers, good for 5-day tickets. However I have 3 more trips planned to Disney through 2018 so I want to upgrade these tickets to an Annual Pass. My main question is regarding Memory Maker (Photopass) as once you have an AP you get all the digital downloads of your photos for free!! BUT does this ACTIVATE IMMEDIATELY?? I think when you buy memory maker there is a couple day delay, so you can't purchase day of, does this apply to the AP? Has anyone done this recently? Do you have immediate access to the photos?
Not only does it kick right in but you will have access to any pictures that were taken in the last 365 days as well!

Not only does it kick right in but you will have access to any pictures that were taken in the last 365 days as well!

Really? I knew that an AP gives you 365 days to download (even once the AP is expired), but I assumed that only photos taken after activation would be avaliable.

Not a big thing for us, but we had a few photos from last summer that I guess I'll be able to download when our APs are activated in March. Also my sister and her family will be at Disney for a week or so before we arrive. I told her to hold off on photos until our APs are activated, but if this is true then there's no need.

Thanks for the tip!

Really? I knew that an AP gives you 365 days to download (even once the AP is expired), but I assumed that only photos taken after activation would be avaliable.

Not a big thing for us, but we had a few photos from last summer that I guess I'll be able to download when our APs are activated in March. Also my sister and her family will be at Disney for a week or so before we arrive. I told her to hold off on photos until our APs are activated, but if this is true then there's no need.

Thanks for the tip!
I can now confirm that this does happen! We upgraded my ticket to an AP this morning and when we were wandering around in Disney Springs later we came across a photographer. Got back to the room to see how they turned out and to my surprise the shots from LAST January 3rd are there and say i have till Feb 3 to download them :O

I can now confirm that this does happen! We upgraded my ticket to an AP this morning and when we were wandering around in Disney Springs later we came across a photographer. Got back to the room to see how they turned out and to my surprise the shots from LAST January 3rd are there and say i have till Feb 3 to download them :O

Nice! Thanks for the confirmation, and have a great trip!

How did you upgrade your ticket? Did they allow you to bridge using the full value of the pass rather than the discounted value?

How did you upgrade your ticket? Did they allow you to bridge using the full value of the pass rather than the discounted value?
I was upgrading a ticket i received from Airmiles BEFORE the discount was released so i was dealing with a full value ticket.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter