• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Upgrade FD tickets?

slzer0

DIS Veteran
If I upgrade my tickets at the gate, will it affect the free dining on my package?

Ok awesome. When I booked it, the FD plan required full price tix and a hotel at full price as well.

I'd like to upgrade my 2d tix to 4d Florida resident at the gate (I couldn't book that way) but I worried it may remove the dining if I do, since they are discount tix then.

Dining reservations do not get removed by changing anything on your reservation. Even cancelling your package can result in you keeping ADRs because even offsite people get to book them.

In no way will upgrading your tickets have any effect on your dining or your room.

I don't mean removing my ADRs.

What I mean is, the terms of Free Dining specify that I have to book full price room and tickets.
If I change to discounted tickets, I'm concerned that this will void my Free Dining eligibility.

Has anyone has experience upgrading MYW tickets that are part of FD at the gate to longer Florida Resident tickets?

Once you check in your discount is locked. Upgrading your tickets won't change that.

As far as what you're wanting to upgrade them to, if the price of the upgrade is more than the ticket you purchased I don't see why there would be a problem. I've never done it myself though. There is a ticket sticky in the theme parks board that might answer your question.

Once you check in your discount is locked. Upgrading your tickets won't change that.

As far as what you're wanting to upgrade them to, if the price of the upgrade is more than the ticket you purchased I don't see why there would be a problem. I've never done it myself though. There is a ticket sticky in the theme parks board that might answer your question.

Yes, exactly

Thank you! Florida resident tickets are $30 more than what I already have. Yahoo!

yes Ive done this on several occasions and plan to do it again in November. As long as your upgrade includes a "upcharge" they can do it. I upgrade my tix to a Florida Seasonal pass. The two day tix I purchased in my package count as a deposit so I do the payment plan ($48ish a month for 4 adults)....nothing to pay at the gate :)

Great deal!!

DisneyFreq said:
yes Ive done this on several occasions and plan to do it again in November. As long as your upgrade includes a "upcharge" they can do it. I upgrade my tix to a Florida Seasonal pass. The two day tix I purchased in my package count as a deposit so I do the payment plan ($48ish a month for 4 adults)....nothing to pay at the gate :)

Great deal!!

Oh clever! I'll have to think about that for next trip!

Bumping this thread to see if anyone had had experience now that FD is upon us..

My 2 day base tix were $188
Planning to upgrade to 4 day resident tickets, those will be $199

(for three adults, that's $33 upgrade total)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter