Updates on my wedding plans

ead79

<font color=#FF0066>Disney Bride!<br><font color=v
I just thought that some of you might be interested in an update on my wedding plans. I started with over 665 days to go, and now I'm down to 50--it's hard to believe it's almost here!

Here's the quick overview of what I'm having:

bridesmaids luncheon: luncheon in the Grand Floridian's Garden View Lounge (where the afternoon tea is held)

rehearsal dinner: tentatively scheduled for 'Ohana (if my future MIL ever books it)

rehearsal: in one of the GF ballrooms (the WP is being used)

ceremony: Wedding Pavilion, December 13, 7:30 pm

pre-reception: Italy Isola, 8:30 pm

reception: American Adventure Rotunda, 9:30 pm

Here are some of the details:

bridesmaids luncheon--some of my mother's friends are hosting this on our behalf; these ladies are lots of fun and pay tons of attention to detail, so I can't wait to see how this event turns out; we expect about 15 or so people

rehearsal dinner--we hope to have this at 'Ohana (my future MIL is dragging her feet though--yes, even though it's only 49 days until the rehearsal dinner she has yet to do a thing!); we expect between 30 and 40 people; 'Ohana is one of my very favorite WDW restaurants, so I can't wait to share it with my wedding party and family :)

ceremony--I saw the WP on a site visit and absolutely fell in love with it; it's so much prettier in person than in the pictures I've seen; we will be having a unity candle arrangement, a kneeling bench, and greenery wreaths on some of the pews; our ceremony is being done by Rev. Jack, who we think we will love; our ceremony will be religious, as my fiance and I are Christians and want the Lord to be the focus of our ceremony; I am thinking that it will last about 20-30 minutes; we are anticipating about 75 people to come to the wedding

pre-reception--the Illuminations pre-reception is one of the things I'm looking the most forward to; it will be so neat to see our guests' reaction to the show--it's incredible!; we are serving light appetizers like veggies, fruit, ham pinwheels, and chicken salad on bruschetta

reception--even though it will be a late night, we are hoping everyone will be bright eyed and bushy tailed, LOL!; we are having stations, but we are going to have a seating chart and placecards; there will be a hot appetizer station with mini chicken cordon bleus, cheese quesadillas, crab cakes, mini hamburgers (I saw them in a Martha Stewart magazine, and Disney said they can replicate them), etc.; the pasta station will have cheese tortellini and fettucini with two sauce choices (vegetable marinara and alfredo); the meat station will have turkey and beef tenderloin as well as rolls; the side dishes station will have horseradish whipped mashed potatoes, green beans, etc.; there will also be a salad station with various dressing choices and dinner rolls; my wedding cake is white on white with square layers and a holiday theme--the layers are chocolate cake with bavarian cream filling and raspberries and yellow cake with bavarian cream filling and strawberries; I hope our guests save room for all this food! :teeth:

My color scheme will be red and dark green (a Christmas theme wedding), and my bridesmaids are wearing deep red dresses. They will carry white roses with holly leaves and hypericum berries scattered throughout. My bouquet will be red roses (black magic roses) with holly leaves and hypericum berries scattered throughout, as well as a few crystals to add some sparkle. The stems on both bouquet types will be hand tied with the stems at the bottom showing. Our pew wreaths from the ceremony will be transferred to the reception and placed on the tables at the base of the centerpieces. The centepieces will be tall candelabras with floral arrangements to match the wedding party's flowers. We are having a roman style head table for the whole wedding party, so there will be garland and votives running the length of that table.

For our honeymoon, we are splitting our stay between a honeymoon room at the Grand Floridian and a garden suite at the BoardWalk Inn. We also decided to extend our honeymoon by 1 night, so we're staying at the Pop Century resort only 6 days after it opens. :)

That's my update. :)

Hi Elisabeth :wave2:

Well this does sound truly magical. A Xmas wedding is wonderful. I love your pre-reception idea that is so neat watching the fireworks before the official reception begins.

The floral sounds delightfully seasonal and I just cannot wait to see the photos or maybe I'll sneak by ;)

So not long to go then :bounce:

You will adore Rev Jack! He was absolutely incredible and all our guests swore that he knew us. (Yeah, he knew us from meeting us the day before at the rehearsal, but that was it! LOL)

Your plans sound wonderful, you must be really starting to feel the excitement now! Promise us one thing? That you'll post lots of pictures?

Our anniversary is 2 weeks from today and I wish we could go back and do it all over again :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Lori

Sounds fantastic and the menu looks incredible!!!

P.S. My family will be at Epcot that day so you don't mind 7 people crashing your reception... do you :p .

Sounds perfectly magical, ead! Look forward to the pictures and report!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter