Updated My Disney Experience App Poll

Love The Change

• Yes this is Great!

Votes: 32 43.2%
  • No why did they change it!

Votes: 42 56.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Android was apparently updated a month or more ago. iOS was just updated this week.

I miss the good old days of Palm Pilots and other Palm PDAs, because you could do exactly that, go backwards. You could actually pick almost any version. Plus, you had direct access to the memory, like a hard drive on your computer. Sigh:( Somehow, we have taken a step backwards from the late 90s.
Andriod wasn't updated a month ago to this current version. It was done on 3/29 (I checked my app update release date to be sure)

I haven't tried with MDE but I know I've had the option to undo an update on my Andriod, at least with some apps.

Andriod wasn't updated a month ago to this current version. It was done on 3/29 (I checked my app update release date to be sure)

I haven't tried with MDE but I know I've had the option to undo an update on my Andriod, at least with some apps.

I don't actually have an Android phone, but an article that I was reading said that it was available previously. Maybe I misread, and they said last month. Or maybe it was only available earlier for certain Android makers/OS. They actually do that on Android, which is kind of weird. What brand of Android phone do you have?

Some Android may allow undo, but iOS does not.

I don't actually have an Android phone, but an article that I was reading said that it was available previously. Maybe I misread, and they said last month. Or maybe it was only available earlier for certain Android makers/OS. They actually do that on Android, which is kind of weird. What brand of Android phone do you have?

Mine is Samsung. The latest operating system was released on Friday, so a couple days after the MDE update

ehhh... middle of the road? It's easier to find some things (making some dining reservations for instance but it's still too much of a hassle to stalk ADRs on the app) The sliding bar on the first page to select the different views is nice but the font is so large and there's no hints to indicate that you can even switch views, let alone determine what views are available. The views are still too busy (just give me the reservation name and time and number - I don't need a picture, location or post that takes up 3/4 of my screen!

I'm seeing this problem all over with apps these days though - UI designs are completely backwards now.

My android, a Samsung, updated to something very close to the current version well before the end of March. I don't remember exactly when it was but we went to Disney on February 24th and it was at least two months before that. Opening to the map feature is very prominent so I am certain of this.
It changed again this last update but very minimally.

Android had this updated style since 2016-12-08 (v4.01). The latest version for Android (v4.5) dated 2017-03-29 only added your Room number to the app.

It definitely was this updated style for my marathon trip in early January :thumbsup2

So I shouldn't update it then? I just logged in today to get our reservation numbers and it told me there wasn update but I didn't go do it!

My android, a Samsung, updated to something very close to the current version well before the end of March. I don't remember exactly when it was but we went to Disney on February 24th and it was at least two months before that. Opening to the map feature is very prominent so I am certain of this.
It changed again this last update but very minimally.

Android had this updated style since 2016-12-08 (v4.01). The latest version for Android (v4.5) dated 2017-03-29 only added your Room number to the app.

It definitely was this updated style for my marathon trip in early January :thumbsup2
That explains why I didn't notice a major difference on my phone.
But it doesn't explain why I didn't notice my iPad was very different from my phone for the past few months.
Clearly, I just use the things and didn't find it all that awkward to go between them. And I do, often. In the room I use the iPad all the time but in the parks my phone

I wish I could vote. It crashes on my iPhone every time I start the app. Completely unusable. Hope they fix it. We leave in 2 weeks. Do we need to report these issues? If so where would we do that?

I wish I could vote. It crashes on my iPhone every time I start the app. Completely unusable. Hope they fix it. We leave in 2 weeks. Do we need to report these issues? If so where would we do that?
There are many reports so they know but I think it never hurts to "up the numbers" so to speak. More users impacted, more important it is. There is a contact number for their Tech dept on the Contact Us page on the website

And worse case, you use the browser on your phone and go to the website instead of using the app

Android here. It changed a while back; I thought it was very subtle and not bad at all. Can't say I love it or hate it.

A new iOS (iPhone/iPad) version was released today. If you were having issues, try updating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter