• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

UPDATED: How could I get things shipped back home from our Resort?

CBRorBust

Always dreaming of Hot Chocolate
I'm planning a trip in December. My goal is to get my Christmas shopping done while in WDW. Now I know it will be unrealistic for me to pack everything I buy in my suitcase AND my WEEKS worth of clothing!

So what are my options?

Does WDW have a FedEx or UPS onsite? Or What could I do?

I just called WDW to find out my options, and the CM told me that these were the standard shipping rates. You have to ship at time of purchase. The great thing about it is, you DON'T PAY SALES TAX for the items since they are going to be sent out of state! Not a bad idea for shipping Christmas Gifts back home!

Here are the prices:

$0-$24.99............$8.95
$25.00-$99.99.....$10.95
$100 and up........$15.95

So if you think about it, if you bought the majority of your things at the same store, you could ship it all back at most for $15.95!

At any of the shops you can ship your purchases for a small additional fee. When you ship out of state, you aren't charged tax! That greatly helps to offset shipping fees.

The shipping charges can add up if you are making a lot of smaller purchases in different stores. So it's wise to try to do as much as possible at one or two stores.

The other option is to buy everything and ship it from your resort. I believe that guest services at all the resorts can assist with this--I'm sure that the ones with a business center (BW, YC/BC, CR, CSR, GF) can take care of this for you. If you do this you'll have to pay tax on the items though, in addition to the shipping charges.

Another option is to bring along an extra suitcase :)

Anne

For anyone who has done this, how long does it take for the package to arrive? For example, if I buy some things on Sunday and have them shipped, any chance the box would arrive before we return home on Friday? I'm thinking of December, we'll do the CP Package on Sunday, I like to buy alot in Mousegears with the package discount, then we fly home on Friday. Do you have to sign for the package when it's delivered?

They usually use 2nd Day air. I do'nt think anyone needs to sign for it.

When we had something shipped we sent it to a friends house and picked it up from there when we got home. Depending on the policies, you could also have it sent to your office.

Anne

The CM that I spoke with told me that since my dates are really close to christmas time (Dec 13-21th) if I was really paranoid about them arriving on time, I could overnight the package for like an additional $10 or something like that.

Either way, no sales tax, and no trying to stuff the packages in my luggage are a way better alternative! Especially now that the airlines are limiting the number of bags you bring.

One suggestion--the chances are very low that your purchases will be shipped the day you buy them. We've noticed it usually takes a couple days from teh date of purchase until they are shipped. So I'd do my shopping early during my vacation to be on the safe side.

You'll love WDW at Christmas time!

Anne

It's very easy! We bought the big train set & had it shipped back. The CM will give you a short from to fill out. They charge you for shipping (rates seemed reasonable) but not for sales tax.

Our train arrived via the little brown truck about 2 weeks after we retruned.

Anyone thinking about using: a certain store in LBV (near crossroads shopping center) were they box up your stuff, and ship it for you. Don't! We went to WDW early december year before last and bought x-mas gifts and odds and ends, that were small, even though I sent a lot home at time of purchase I did this (wish I hadn't) !

What happened was, they were very busy, xmas rush, asked us to do them a favor, would finish "wrapping it up" etc... after they got the line down.... and when we got our box, 1/2 of the stuff missing. UPS was not responsible they delievered the box, and the packaging store ... just kept hanging up on me everytime I called, and the manager kept telling me nothing I can do, don't know a thing about it.... Only thing I can do now is keep telling people NOT to go there and use this store!

If you are shipping home, do it through disney! I learned the hard way.

MKY

MKY--that's terrible! I used one of those places once and found their prices to be outrageous!

Because Disney is such a large account, they definitley get preferred rates from the shipping companies, and pass some of that savings along to guests. :)

Anne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter