And what happens during inclement weather especially like lightening, is the WP still open cuz yeah, no thanks! Can I rebook for a different day?
Thankfully, they are very cognizant of approaching, yet distant lightening in the water parks, clearing the water and nearby pool decks until system has passed

Anecdotal reports state that if WP cease operation of attractions for one hour, you can ask for redress.

We’ve always just called it a day in those circumstances. It’s usually those 3 pm summer pop up storms sort of thing. We open up the WP to get a prime spot to set up camp. generally ready to call it by then anyway. Could always return later if it blows over

I’d call to be sure of current policy.

If they outright close any Disney park, you can ask for a return entitlement (case number linked to you) to be used in future. Have gone thru that. Supposedly, its limited to tix media purchased directly thru Disney.

You can buy these discounted tix at the gate with ID, maybe wait it out & see how the weather is at that time?

Thankfully, they are very cognizant of approaching, yet distant lightening in the water parks, clearing the water and nearby pool decks until system has passed
Yes they are. Disney, as well as the major sports governing bodies, have a limit to how close lighting is before things get shut down/games stopped. I had a lifeguard tell me the distance for Disney but cant remember but want to say it's a 10 mile circle away, other sports vary . Once it first hits they start a 30 min clock and if there are no more strikes in that time limit they can reopen. If within that 30 min clock there is another strike the 30 mins start again and will continue until the last strike was 30 min.

My feeling is that each park has it own circle as it wouldn't make sense to shut down MK if lightening hits say 9.9 miles SW of AK as MK is about 4.5 miles NE from AK, but I could be wrong But you can bet they are on the look out when it hits that close to anywhere on property.

Disney, as well as the major sports governing bodies
Yes, I take it very seriously.

Along with concerts etc. at the risk of dating myself
:rolleyes1 & At risk of veering OT (sorry, but this is important).

20 years ago one of my children was standing on the little league field during a rain delay, near an open shelter where they were supposed to be sitting. I’m told my little guy who was pitching that game, went over to look up at the sky as he held onto the 10 foot tall chain link fence. I was at another field with my youngest playing tball 3 miles away, where not a drop of rain, still playing

Lightening stuck the chain link fence. It went down thru my DS shoes into the ground. They surmise that was saved him. He was rushed to hospital, chipped several teeth from the force clamping down, ECG & EKG all over the place initially. Was able to come home the next day.

Internet on cell phones wasn’t a big thing, so not even basic app warnings available. I made sure afterwards that every field in our district had the lightening boxes in place for the next season. They were all set for 10 miles. Even tho parents would moan & groan about the stoppages, I’m happy to report no repeat events in our area since.

Thank you so much for posting! @keishashadow what a harrowing share, oh my goodness it gave me chills! Good on you for keeping the kiddos safe. We need more parents like you!

Lightning really freaks me out. It's so explosive, unpredictable and deadly. I've read other blogs, vlogs where the poster boasts how much they love going to the parks during inclement weather because it's empty, while projecting it's still safe to walk around. I don't get that.

Lightning really freaks me out. It's so explosive, unpredictable and deadly. I've read other blogs, vlogs where the poster boasts how much they love going to the parks during inclement weather because it's empty, while projecting it's still safe to walk around. I don't get that.
I’m in the same camp!

Florida averages 285 lightning strikes per sq mile. Four Corners area is the "lightning capital" of the United States, where Lake, Orange, Osceola, and Polk counties meet.

Dark humor from a FL resident friend that I took to heart…

What do you call a tourist with an umbrella in a thunderstorm?

A lightening rod

Yes, I take it very seriously.

Along with concerts etc. at the risk of dating myself
:rolleyes1 & At risk of veering OT (sorry, but this is important).
I was at a James Taylor concert about 25 years ago at an outdoor shed amphitheater and the skies opened up. Because of the rake of the theater of course the water was running down to in front of the stage and the drainage could not keep up. JT noticed and told those up front to take off their shoes and put them on the front of the stage. At first people thought he was joking and very few people did it. After a few min shoes lined the stage. It had probably been raining 20 min and all of a sudden BANG as he was finishing his song. You would have thought something blew up. A guitar tech came up and whispered something to him and then JT himself said that per fire department instructions anyone on the lawn needed to evacuate and take shelter and if you were underneath the shed to stay there. Luckily we were under the shed. As quick as the rain and thunder and lighting had started it stopped. All in all the concert was delayed an hour. About 40 min into the delay JT himself came back out to give us an update and told us the bang we heard was lighting hitting the lawn section and luckily no one had been hurt and that the show would be restarting.

Next time I was out in a storm like that was at Fort Wilderness about 3 years ago. We were having a cookout in the pavilion area near the pool when a storm rolled in. Lighting was hitting all around and it lasted a lot longer then the JT concert.

GIANT/Martin’s/Stop & Shop/Giant Food
Giant

View attachment 840697
  • Earn 2x Points On Vanilla Visa Gift Cards
I bought a Vanilla Visa from stop & Shop a few months back when they had bonus points and when I tried to use it in store and then online it wouldn't work (3 different stores). Finally, I called them and they claimed there was something wrong with the card and they would have to send me a new one. They said it would arrive in 3 -5 days and that was last Monday and it hasn't arrived yet. I will give it 2 or 3 more days before I call them again.

But in general, Vanilla Visa gift cards are much more difficult to use than the Blackhawk Network gift cards, there are many places they just don't work at. It would have to be a really great deal for me to bother with them again.

I bought a Vanilla Visa from stop & Shop a few months back when they had bonus points and when I tried to use it in store and then online it wouldn't work (3 different stores). Finally, I called them and they claimed there was something wrong with the card and they would have to send me a new one. They said it would arrive in 3 -5 days and that was last Monday and it hasn't arrived yet. I will give it 2 or 3 more days before I call them again.

But in general, Vanilla Visa gift cards are much more difficult to use than the Blackhawk Network gift cards, there are many places they just don't work at. It would have to be a really great deal for me to bother with them again.

I knew there were issues but I didn't have specifics nor could I remember who posted about it.
Where did you try using them? I'd be happy to link it to any Vanilla Visa gc offers in the future. The more we know, the more power we have to make the right decisions. Thanks buddy!

Office Depot/OfficeMax
  • Buy $300 Mastercard Gift Cards & Get $15 Off
    • Limit 10.
    • Note, offer is not listed in the weekly ad, double check with your store prior to purchase.
    • Expires 3/16/24. DoC
Credit Cards and More
  • Cash App Offer: 4% (max discount of $50).
  • Office Depot/Office Max Chase Offer: Various
  • Pay with a Chase Ink Cash or Ink Plus card to earn 5x Ultimate Rewards.
  • OD/OM also accepts: Apple Pay
  • With Chase, BOA Offers, Buy gift cards in-store so they track.
  • Split payment is offered however not all cashiers know how to do it. YMMV.
  • Rakuten In-Store Offer can be stacked with credit card offers when available. YMMV

Added Offers ~ 3/11/24 / Discount District

Best Buy

1710175832101.png
  • Buy $100 Lowe’s eGift Cards for $90
  • Save 10% on Fandango & Vudu Gift Cards
Credit Cards and More
  • Best Buy Citi Offer: Get 3% Back On Up To $100 Spend
    • Yes, works on 3rd Party gift cards but NOT Best Buy.
    • Offer may be redeemed up to 2x within offer cycle.
    • Offer valid in-store and online only at US website BestBuy.com.
    • Expires 3/30/24.
  • Digital Wallet Discover Offer: Spend $25+ Via Digital Wallet 5 Times & Get $25 Back
    • Expires 4/30/24.
  • US Bank Cash+: Electronic Stores
  • BB also accepts Apple Pay & PayPal
  • Stack with a Shopping Portal - YMMV

I'm having the same issue. I was given a Vanilla Visa as a wedding gift and I cannot get it to work anywhere. It's super frustrating. I tried to apply it to my Disney balance for a trip and it would not work online or over the phone. I tried to buy a few things from ShopDisney, no luck. Walmart online has been a no-go as had Walgreens and Food Lion in-store. I guess I'm going to try Amazon next? I will never buy a Vanilla Visa. 😭

Hy-Vee
1710177305541.png

1710177315129.png

• Buy $50 Choice Gift Cards & Get 40c Off per gallon of gas
    • Expires 3/17/24.
  • Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Get 10% Off
    • Includes: AMC Theaters, American Eagle, Chipotle, Domino's, Fandango, Instacart, Lowe's, Spafinder, Uber and Let's Eat & Happy Moments.
    • Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 3/18/24 - 3/31/24.

Last edited:
I'm having the same issue. I was given a Vanilla Visa as a wedding gift and I cannot get it to work anywhere. It's super frustrating. I tried to apply it to my Disney balance for a trip and it would not work online or over the phone. I tried to buy a few things from ShopDisney, no luck. Walmart online has been a no-go as had Walgreens and Food Lion in-store. I guess I'm going to try Amazon next? I will never buy a Vanilla Visa. 😭

Sorry to hear that Vanilla Visa isn't working. Congrats on the nuptials!

I'll add these to the list! Did you try adding it to PayPal for ShopDisney or elsewhere?

Giftcards .com
  • Save 10% on Select Gift Cards with Promo Code: LUCKY24:
    • Includes: Brinker/Chili’s, Carter’s/OshKosh B’gosh, Dave & Buster’s, Domino’s, Groupon, JOANN, REI, Topgolf and Xbox
    • Limit 5
    • Direct link to offer.
    • Expires 3/22/24.
Credit Cards & More
  • Digital Wallet Discover Offer: Spend $25+ Via Digital Wallet 5 Times & Get $25 Back
    • Expires 4/30/24.
  • Site now accepts: Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Be sure to check out your favorite Shopping Portal, since the offer just came out I would wait a day or two to see if any of them will add LUCKY24, without the code you might not be getting cb.
The More part,​
  • For those looking to save on Warehouse memberships Groupon would be a good choice. Groupon is also known to sell a wide variety of gift cards including Starbucks.
  • JOANN is a bit iffy as they might be: JOANN Fabric Filing For Bankruptcy

Can you add a pin#? Not sure about Vanilla but some of the others you can add a pin and that has helped me redeem at grocery stores but not Walmart they always seem to process it as credit and never give the option to type in a pin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter