Looking to buy around $7000 of Disney gift cards to pay off our vacation. I feel like from reading on here Target redcard 5% off seems to be the most consistant, best value, and easiest to complete deal. Is that everyone's general opinion or did I miss a better deal?
Depends on whether you want to open a new credit card.

You can get 5% back at warehouse clubs with a discover card right now. So 5% back on cards that are 3-4% discounted is better without too much hassle.

Or, Chase has a business card with a high sign up bonus and 5% back at office supply. So, you'd but the cards at Staples instead of Target, still get 5%, but then also get a solid sign up bonus

Assuming you have a target card and don't want to open another right now, I'd say that's the best bet for the volume you're trying to achieve.

Last edited:
Depends on whether you want to open a new credit card.

You can get 5% back at warehouse clubs with a discover card right now. So 5% back on cards that are 3-4% discounted is better without too much hassle.

Or, Chase has a business card with a high sign up bonus and 5% back at office supply. So, you'd but the cards at Staples instead of Target, still get 5%, but then also get a solid sign up bonus

Assuming you have a target card and don't want to open another right now, I'd say that's the best bet for the volume you're trying to achieve.
I do have a Redcard and Discover but, I believe Discover is 5% of up to $1500.

Why not do all $7000 at Target?
because you are only saving 5%

As @TheOneWithTheTriplets mentioned the cards at Sam's/BJ's have a built in savings of 3-4% plus you would then have 5% back from discover as well.

If you can wait it out I would buy the most you could with the discover and open another card as @TheOneWithTheTriplets also mentioned.

With Target you know what you are getting, a flat 5% back with no fuss but on these boards we always try to get more savings as we know we can always fall back on Target and get that minimum 5% savings.

To be fair, if we're getting to that level of detail, the cost of gas to drive to Sam's for the $25 physical is going to be more than the 0.04% savings versus the $50 ecard. Perhaps it's a better savings for those in walking distance of a store.

Of course, that's also before you factor in the value of your time, since you can copy-paste ecard codes into Disney's site instead of scratching and typing the physicals. :-)
100% true.
Which is why I personally stick with $50 e-cards at Sam's. I give up the 8 cents on every $200 in order to copy/paste all those numbers for combining. I'm in Sam's Club in person regularly but still do it this way. But others may find the value to be elsewhere so just clarifying all the info.

Looking to buy around $7000 of Disney gift cards to pay off our vacation. I feel like from reading on here Target redcard 5% off seems to be the most consistant, best value, and easiest to complete deal. Is that everyone's general opinion or did I miss a better deal?
Just be aware there can be limits to how much you can buy at once or in one day from target. I've heard different things from people complaining about it. You may need to get that much over several days or even over a week+.

Which is why I personally stick with $50 e-cards at Sam's.
Do you know how often the "Max 2 per membership" limit on the e-cards resets for SAMs? Otherwise you can only get $100 before maxing out online.

I tried to take advantage of the Target circle spend promotion with making four purchases of $80 or more and my 3rd order of $100 cards this weekend was canceled due to exceeding the max 3 limit. Turns out I ordered a $100 card over a month ago, So that does not reset in a month. :badpc:

100% true.
Which is why I personally stick with $50 e-cards at Sam's. I give up the 8 cents on every $200 in order to copy/paste all those numbers for combining. I'm in Sam's Club in person regularly but still do it this way. But others may find the value to be elsewhere so just clarifying all the info.
Is there a limit on how many $50 e-gift cards I can purchase at Sam’s? How soon do I get them? I’m considering rebuying my tickets through Disney. I double-checked that I will be able to get a full refund for what I’ve already bought. I then have to redo park reservations and I really don’t care if hat much about losing the ADR’s I made for a 2.7 day trip. (Dinner first day, maybe la crepe roe if I can rebook on day 2 brunch, then dinner and snacks, and need 3 meals on the last day; a fan of quick service, EP snacks, Fuel at Dolphin, and whatever snacks we can have in the room and a backpack for the parks).

Do you know how often the "Max 2 per membership" limit on the e-cards resets for SAMs? Otherwise you can only get $100 before maxing out online.

Is there a limit on how many $50 e-gift cards I can purchase at Sam’s?
I've been hitting these heavily lately and haven't gotten blacked out yet. 4/11, 4/13, 4/14, 4/15, 4/16 twice, 4/17 twice, and it's letting me put them in my car again this morning (all orders were 2x50 egc). I'm waiting until one delivers to order the next but haven't been limited yet.

The 25x3 I snail mailed on 4/8 and it's not letting me order again yet.

They come within a couple hours of ordering.

I'm also finding that price.com is tracking at 2.5% for most of these orders, so that's a nice little bonus assuming it pays in the 60-90 days.

Last edited:
Kroger Family Stores:

Harris Teeter

View attachment 754023
  • Earn 4x Fuel on 3rd Party Gift Cards
    • Limit of one coupon per household
    • Direct link
    • Excludes Kroger Family Gift Cards, ALL PREPAID RELOADABLE DEBIT CARDS & ALL FINANCIAL VARIABLE LOAD CARDS and fuel retailer gift cards, Wireless Phones & Airtime cards
    • Offer valid 4/21 ONLY
Looks like it's all stores in the Kroger family.

Yesterday, I checked my Kroger app, and it wasn't mentioned. So I assumed, it was Harris Teeter only, especially since Krogers just had a 4X sale a week ago. But I checked my email, and it's advertising 4X this Friday. Cincinnati area, home of Krogers.

Looks like it's all stores in the Kroger family.

Yesterday, I checked my Kroger app, and it wasn't mentioned. So I assumed, it was Harris Teeter only, especially since Krogers just had a 4X sale a week ago. But I checked my email, and it's advertising 4X this Friday. Cincinnati area, home of Krogers.

Thank you, I'll it add it in.
As I wrote yesterday, Blackhawk Network has been doing some wonky things lately.

Kroger Family Stores: Baker's, City Market, Dillions, Fred Meyer, Fry's, Gerbes, Harris Teeter, Jay C Foods, King Soopers, Kroger , Mariano's, Metro Market, Pay Less Super Markets, Pick 'n Save, QFC, Ralphs, Smith's

1681833269381.png
  • Earn 4x Fuel on 3rd Party Gift Cards
    • Limit of one coupon per household
    • Direct links above
    • Excludes Kroger Family Gift Cards, ALL PREPAID RELOADABLE DEBIT CARDS & ALL FINANCIAL VARIABLE LOAD CARDS and fuel retailer gift cards, Wireless Phones & Airtime cards
    • Offer valid 4/21 ONLY.
  • Earn 4X Fuel Points on Fixed-Value Visa & Mastercard Gift Cards
    • Denominations include: $25, $50 or $100
    • Limit of one coupon per household.
    • Direct links above
    • Excludes Variable Load $20-$500 Visa/Mastercard Gift Cards.
    • Offer valid 4/21 ONLY. Post #15514 :thumbsup2 @LadyBeBop

Raley’s/Bel Air/Nob Hill Foods

1681839089521.png
  • Earn 15x Points on Select Gasoline Gift Cards
    • Includes: Arco, Chevron and Shell
    • Ad Scan / Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 4/19/23 – 5/30/23.
Wow, what a lengthy promotion!

Below are the Shell DP's listed on Discount District that were posted a while back, if they're no longer valid, please let me know. Thank you.

Shell Gift Cards DP: Stack the Savings
  • You can save 10 cents per gallons with T-Mobile Tuesdays
  • Pay cash prices since you’re using a gift card
  • Use gas savings from Stop & Shop purchases

Rite Aid
1681841157863.png

• Buy $25 Uber & Uber Eats Gift Cards & Get $5 BonusCash
    • Limit 2
  • Buy $50 Barnes & Noble & Michaels Gift Cards & Get $10 BonusCash

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter