• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yup but with 24 pet watch since like 2007. Got it for Dude when he was a puppy and Tux the same. Always been happy with it, there were far fewer options back then. As with any ins you just have to look at the options. Also for some it may make more sense to have a specific pet savings account vs ins. All depends on what you can save per month vs afford to pay for ins. Also consider the breed and what issues may occur.

Also don't know that you'll find one that covers dental work (extraction etc).

Thanks and that was my next question Dental.
So have you compared prices lately? Did you have to confirm with your Vet if they accepted the insurance?

Oh, DH employer had some discount for Pet Ins. It was on their discount page for like a day or two and then it was gone. IDK if it was sold out or what happened, just know it was gone. Within DH group, none have pets so he never asked about it.

Thanks and that was my next question Dental.
So have you compared prices lately? Did you have to confirm with your Vet if they accepted the insurance?

No and no. Dude had too many pre existing issues I wouldn't have changed his. Tux as a puppy is a rate I'm happy with for the coverage. I also know they pay quick and have good customer service. Biggest issue, and prob would be with any, is if you have x done and paid for on Thursday and then need to pick up meds after results on Sat you need to have them print it all as one receipt because if you submit 2 the ins doesn't combine them into one. Not surprising just sometimes I forget.

I submit the claims and get reimbursed. They can pay the vet but I don't see a reason to complicate it. Just need pets history and the invoice/receipt for what was done. Vet is used to it and providea pdfs of what's needed.

We have pet insurance through Pet's Best, as it was the best coverage for cheapest price I found when I shopped around 5 years ago. I believe it's typical to pay out of pocket and then file for reimbursement, but I've only submitted one claim in 5 years and have not ever had enough problems that we reached the deductible. They did acknowledge that our claim would go toward our deductible that year, though.

For us it's basically $300/yr for peace of mind that we'll have help if something awful happens to our buddy. We might have been better off just doing a savings account, but she was kind of a maniac who loved eating things she wasn't supposed to in her first year. ;)

I think for now my #1 goal is getting the Generac, once that's done I'll look into Pet Ins.

DH has done his own research he just needs to set appointments.
We're looking into Costco as recommended here by a fellow DISer.
They extend the warranty for 2 more years, so a total of 7 years.
Question: I know you get a Costco Shop Card but in order to qualify for that, do you have to pay the full amount on your Costco credit card?
That wouldn't be an issue however, if I could buy discounted Visa's the savings and added points would be very nice indeed!

The other option is buying through Lowe's. Would DH get a Military discount? Can I use discounted Lowe's & other gift cards?

Obviously DH needs to set appointments but these are the questions I have.

I think I was one of the few who ordered a digital Disney gift card from Walmart.com after my first purchase (also digital gift card!) was cancelled by Walmart, but I did receive my credit yesterday ($12.50 for $125 purchase) 🎉

Someone wrote in this forum a few days ago that they had gotten the full $13 back even though they only spent $125. (which seemed strange since 10% of $125 is $12.50 which is what you were credited.) I am going to assume the other person was mistaken.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/updated-disney-gift-card-deals-and-more.3784942/post-64633279

Does anyone have Pet Insurance? I saw this in the 3/08/23 - 4/02/23 Costco ad

View attachment 743368
I had pet insurance for my last golden and at the end it did not help me with any of the costs of her cancer treatment/leg amputation. I had the highest plan and because I had submitted an invoice dealing with the same leg within 12 months (not cancer related), they denied any of the cancer treatments/amputation. My pet insurance was called PetsHealthPlan. I realized all the money I poured into insurance every month would've been better just sitting in a rainy day fund instead. I don't have pet insurance for my current golden.

Last edited:
I think for now my #1 goal is getting the Generac, once that's done I'll look into Pet Ins.

Question: I know you get a Costco Shop Card but in order to qualify for that, do you have to pay the full amount on your Costco credit card?
That wouldn't be an issue however, if I could buy discounted Visa's the savings and added points would be very nice indeed!

The other option is buying through Lowe's. Would DH get a Military discount? Can I use discounted Lowe's & other gift cards?

Obviously DH needs to set appointments but these are the questions I have.
we did Generac thru Costco. cash card i for purchasing then we got more since we used our costco visa and we3're executive. dealer was same price for neighbors who didn't go thru costco

we did Generac thru Costco. cash card i for purchasing then we got more since we used our costco visa and we3're executive. dealer was same price for neighbors who didn't go thru costco

Hmm, is this code? :teacher: I have no idea what you wrote.

Hmm, is this code? :teacher: I have no idea what you wrote.
For certain services Costco can’t give a discount but they can give you a percent back as a Costco cash card (costco gift cards). Executive Costco members pay $120 vs $60 membership fee, but get 2% back on purchases as Costco check once year. And Costco visa gives 2% back on Costco purchases on top of that if you have one.

eGifter

1677719887125.png
  • Buy a $50 Domino's Gift Card & Get $10 Domino's Card with Promo Code: PIZZA323
  • Buy a $100 Topgolf Gift Card for $80 with Promo Code: GOLF323
  • Buy a $50 Athleta Gift Card for $40. Promo Code: FIT323
    • Bonus Cards do not expire.
    • Limit of 5 Promos per Customer, per brand. Direct link
    • eGifter Points are not earned on these promotions
    • Expires 3/31/23 or while supplies last.

For certain services Costco can’t give a discount but they can give you a percent back as a Costco cash card (costco gift cards). Executive Costco members pay $120 vs $60 membership fee, but get 2% back on purchases as Costco check once year. And Costco visa gives 2% back on Costco purchases on top of that if you have one.

Yes, this I know. I was asking specifically about when purchasing Generac from Costco.

From my original Post

Question: I know you get a Costco Shop Card but in order to qualify for that, do you have to pay the full amount (of the Generac) on your Costco credit card?

Yes, this I know. I was asking specifically about when purchasing Generac from Costco.

From my original Post

Question: I know you get a Costco Shop Card but in order to qualify for that, do you have to pay the full amount (of the Generac) on your Costco credit card?
Last December I replaced my HVAC system through Costco and was not required to use my Costco credit card in order to get the 10% Costco Shop card. Because I had the Executive membership I did earn an additional 2% reward.

GIANT/Giant Food/Martin’s/Stop & Shop

Martin's

1677764367962.png
  • Earn 10X Points on Select Gift Cards
    • Includes: Bass pro Shops, Cabela’s, Darden Restaurants, Roblox, Starbucks, The Home Depot and TJ Maxx Multi Brand.
    • Martin's Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 3/03/23 - 3/09/23.

Last edited:
Patiently waiting to see if you all got your Chase credit back on physical gift cards before I purchase one! Thanks for all of you trying and posting for the rest of us...it's much appreciated :)
Purchased my $100 Disney GC from Walmart.com Chase offer on Feb. 24 and received the $10 cash back offer yesterday! And I'm using my Chase Freedom reward dollars to pay for the discounted gift card!

Had to call chase to submit a ticket for chase offers credit with Best Buy 10% up to $25. Purchased 2/15 and 2/25.

I spent $190 so far.

My Walmart.com offer posted though and purchased 2/26.
Don't hold your breath too long. I have 3 tickets open as the Shop Disney Chase offers that ended 1-12-23 have not been resolved yet. Now my $5/10 restuarants are entering the 3rd week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter