Added Offers ~ 9/22/21

Discount District
Kroger:
Amazon & Credit Card Offers
Zulily Amex Offer: Spend $75 & Get $15 Back
Expires 1/31/21. GC Galore

Best Buy Chase Offer: Get 10% Back On Up To $250 Spend Targeted
Expires 10/21/21. GC Galore

Panera Bread Chase Offer/BankAmeriDeal: Get 10%-25% Back On Up To $20/$30 Of Spend
Expires 11/04/21. GC Galore

Updated - More Targeted
Starbucks Chase Offer: Get 10% Back On Up To $30 Of Spend
Expires 9/23/21, 10/07/21, 10/21/21. GCG

McDonald’s Chase Offer: Get 10% Back On Up To $20 Of Spend
Expires 9/23/21, 10/07/21, 10/21/21. GCG

Two recent data points for those using Rakuten or RetailMeNot to attempt cashback on Disney GC through shopDisney:
  • Placed an order for a $500 GC on shopDisney through RetailMeNot, 10% cashback is listed as pending and these have paid out for me before.
  • Placed an order for a $50 GC on shopDisney through Rakuten (using a Chase card that had a 10% back offer for ShopDisney, so I figured at least one of these would work). Rakuten showed it as a successful shopping trip yesterday, but now shows zero cashback pending as the eligible order amount is $0.
This is similar to my previous experiences where RMN tends to payout for GC orders more often than Rakuten. YMMV, of course!

I am new to Costco this year. I understand they carry Disney gift cards at a discount seasonally only. Do any long term Costco members know when these typically arrive? Also, how large has the discount been in the past? Same question for Sam's Club. I have a trip that begins November 12 and would like to buy some discounted gift cards at one of those locations.

I am new to Costco this year. I understand they carry Disney gift cards at a discount seasonally only. Do any long term Costco members know when these typically arrive? Also, how large has the discount been in the past? Same question for Sam's Club. I have a trip that begins November 12 and would like to buy some discounted gift cards at one of those locations.
I’ve never seen Disney gift cards at Costco. Sam’s Club has them year-round, and the discount varies by the denomination. The best discounts are on the $75 and $150 packs, and the discount is 4% off for those - I believe the discount is higher when buying online versus in the store.

Two recent data points for those using Rakuten or RetailMeNot to attempt cashback on Disney GC through shopDisney:
  • Placed an order for a $500 GC on shopDisney through RetailMeNot, 10% cashback is listed as pending and these have paid out for me before.
  • Placed an order for a $50 GC on shopDisney through Rakuten (using a Chase card that had a 10% back offer for ShopDisney, so I figured at least one of these would work). Rakuten showed it as a successful shopping trip yesterday, but now shows zero cashback pending as the eligible order amount is $0.
This is similar to my previous experiences where RMN tends to payout for GC orders more often than Rakuten. YMMV, of course!

Your post prompted me to check my Rakuten account. I also used the Chase Offer to purchase a $50 Disney Gift at ShopDisney and the $5.00 showed up in my account later that day. I also received an email letting me know I earned the $5.00. But it looks like they clawed it back since the order amount is now $0 and the $5.00 is gone from my cash back balance. I'm still waiting on the Chase Offer to credit. Hopefully that goes through. The thought of paying full price for a Disney gift card makes me cringe.

First, :welcome: to the DIS!

Where did you get this Costco information? It was confirmed back in 2017 Costco did not sell them in store or online and as far as selling them seasonally, I've never heard of that here.

@iujen94 already commented on Sam's

So I'll add BJ's,
BJ's offers really great discounts for bulk purchases as seen here. That sale went on through January 2020, though I'm not sure when it ended.
Unfortunately they haven't offered this deal in 2021 but the year isn't over. They currently offer a Free One Day Pass that might come in handy. You can see more on Post #3 Warehouses

In addition to Post #1 Disney Gift Card Deals , we post other offers that might stack when using a credit card, cashback website or app on the pages of this thread.

Your post prompted me to check my Rakuten account. I also used the Chase Offer to purchase a $50 Disney Gift at ShopDisney and the $5.00 showed up in my account later that day. I also received an email letting me know I earned the $5.00. But it looks like they clawed it back since the order amount is now $0 and the $5.00 is gone from my cash back balance. I'm still waiting on the Chase Offer to credit. Hopefully that goes through. The thought of paying full price for a Disney gift card makes me cringe.
In my experience, it takes a while for the Chase cashback to post, as long as a week or two from the date of purchase. So I wouldn't lose hope that it's not showing up yet. I hear you about paying full price for a Disney GC (although at least this one is only $50). With the tips and tricks I've gotten on this board, I don't get excited for anything less than 10% off anymore! :)

In my experience, it takes a while for the Chase cashback to post, as long as a week or two from the date of purchase. So I wouldn't lose hope that it's not showing up yet. I hear you about paying full price for a Disney GC (although at least this one is only $50). With the tips and tricks I've gotten on this board, I don't get excited for anything less than 10% off anymore! :)

I'm trying to be patient. :)

I agree, I need at least 10% discount too. When I was logging the $50 card into my Disney Gift Card spreadsheet, I noticed that my last gift card purchase was in November 2019. I just haven't felt comfortable spending any more than I already have on gift cards until I have a trip planned. But, 20% was too good to pass up. Like you said, it was only $50, and 10% still isn't bad.

FWIW, my last 3 RMN transactions showed pending for 3 weeks until they were eventually marked as ineligible. The suspense kills me, if they are going to yield 0% i would prefer to know right away.

FWIW, my last 3 RMN transactions showed pending for 3 weeks until they were eventually marked as ineligible. The suspense kills me, if they are going to yield 0% i would prefer to know right away.
Wow... I have never had RMN not pay out for a GC purchase. I just has 2 this past week credit for $25. I had purchased 2 $250 GC with the VV deal from July 4th.

I’ve never seen Disney gift cards at Costco. Sam’s Club has them year-round, and the discount varies by the denomination. The best discounts are on the $75 and $150 packs, and the discount is 4% off for those - I believe the discount is higher when buying online versus in the store.

The best discounts are on the $50 and $75.
$50 - $47.98 - 4.04%
$75 - $71.98 - 4.02%
$150 - $144.98 - 3.34%

Sorry about the interruption, if I'm not late picking my son up, I'm late taking him to school... at least just this once :poop:

We had some strong wind and heavy rain last night, blew out the downspout! DS noticed it and our handy dandy retired firefighter fixed it! I didn't notice any damage on DH's car, who by the way is in Canada till Sunday. Anyway, back to it!

Added Offers ~ 9/23/21

Discount District
Giant/Martin’s/Stop & Shop:
Earn 10x Points On Domino’s Gift Cards
Offer valid September 24-30, 2021. GC Galore

Giant Eagle: Earn 2.5x Fuelperks+ For Every $50 Spent On Happy & Giving Good Gift Cards
Excludes: Choice, One4All & Seasonal Product.​
Expires 10/06/21. GC Galore

Harris Teeter:
Staples: Buy $200 Visa Gift Cards With No Purchase Fee
In-store only. Limit 5 per customer per day.​
Offer valid September 26 to October 2, 2021. GC Galore

Amazon & Credit Card Offers
Chipotle Chase Offer: Get 10% Back On Up To $30 Of Spend
Expires 9/30/21. GC Galore

Kroger Brand Stores Chase Offers/BofA: Get 10% Back at, various offers.
No direct link, check your Chase Offers to see if you were targeted
Most notably only for pickup or delivery orders only.​
Expires 10/27/21. Doctor of Credit

Marriott Chase Offer: Get 10% Back On $100-$550 Spend
Expires 11/06/21. GC Galore

I got excited because I thought you meant these were available online but I didn't see them. Still hope they will be available outside the parks.

Sorry for the confusion! Post has been edited. :blush:
I wish they were available online too. We'll be there at the end of October hopefully they'll still be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter