• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Top Cash Back has 10% back at Raise.com today (4/24), but with a warning that it may not track immediately and a promise that it will be credited and paid, but may take longer than usual.

Thank you! Just got a netflix GC and Walmart GC. We decided to plan for August 2021 at DLR so I am back to buying discounted Disney cards!

Here in my neck of the woods, Kroger has lifted restrictions on the purchase of milk. It was set at 2 per customer like most things; packaged meat, dry goods, toilet paper etc. You can buy 2 pkgs. of chicken breasts and 2 pkgs. of pork chops etc. regardless of the size and quantity which is nice.

Target however still has a 2 limit on milk and I find their organic milk cheaper than Kroger's.

Where to begin...

I mailed my DIS friend a care package along with homemade face masks via USPS Priority Mail on April 6th and she FINALLY received it yesterday, April 23rd. This package took seventeen days to arrive even after placing two phone calls which were never answered and caused a lot of unnecessary frustration.

The main issue was the black hole in Detroit's system. This isn't new but it shouldn't exist as people have been complaining about it for years to the extent USPS turned off comments on the homepage.

Yes, I understand how taxed our system is during this unprecedented time but that should not be the excuse here, 2008 - 2020 is a long time to ignore a broken system.

Did you know the USPS has been in business since 1775 and within its territories has gone through four pandemics:
and four wars:
All of which affecting the very heart of our country, We the People and those serving it. Having gone through so much the USPS should be a well oiled machine with contingency plans in place. It wasn't until April 17, 2020 USPS posted they could not honor the delivery time frame for Priority Mail.

Seventeen days, unbelievable.

Last edited:
Added Offers - 4/24/20

Discount District
Martin’s: Earn 10x Choice Points On Barnes & Noble and Applebee’s Gift Cards.
  • 10x Choice Points can be worth up to 20% off gas, so that’s a pretty good deal, especially on Barnes & Noble gift cards.
  • Deals at Martin’s are usually available at Giant and Stop & Shop too, but based on their weekly ads, that’s not the case this week.
  • Limit unknown. Expires 4/30/20. Link
Misc.
Atom Tickets:
Save 20-25% On Atom Tickets Gift Cards
20-25% off Atom Tickets gift cards would usually be a great deal. In the current circumstances though, it’s very risky buying them. At least with AMC Theatres gift cards you can redeem them right now for their streaming service. Expiry date unknown. Link

Topcashback: Get 10% Cash Back At Raise.com for today only 4/24/20. Link :thumbsup2 @grubens

:surfweb: Reads

BPme Rewards
: 5¢ Off Per Gallon In May Link

eBay Limiting Users To 4 Gift Cards Per Transaction Link

Harris Teeter Extending Fuel Points By A Month (Kroger To Follow?) Link

Federal Reserve Temporarily Eliminates 6-Withdrawal-Limit On Savings Accounts Link

IRS Website Finally Allows You To Add Bank Information For $1,200 Stimulus Direct Deposit Link

Recap: New York Payment Startup Exposed Credit Card Numbers, Delta Denies Discussing Presale Of Miles & More Link

It wasn't until April 17, 2020 USPS posted they could not honor the delivery time frame for Priority Mail.

Sorry to hear about your USPS experience. I sell random items on Ebay here and there and this has been happening to me for years. Every time I was able to contact USPS I was told that their delivery dates are "just estimates" and not guaranteed like UPS and Fedex are. This may have changed but at the time I was told it had to be past 30 days before I could even file a claim. I think most companies are getting some leniency during this pandemic as they should but this has been business as usual for USPS unfortunately!

RE: Harris Teeter Extending Fuel Points By A Month (Kroger To Follow?)

I hope Kroger does extend their fuel points. I have a little over 1,000 pts that end this month, four vehicles and no need to fill up.

Speaking of which, Kroger has one way aisles set up in their store. It made shopping so much easier.

In case you want even MORE Kroger fuel points...4x on gift cards with digital coupon 4/29-5/5. At today’s fuel prices, you could be really close to getting gas for free, but who’s buying? We may still use 35 gallons a month. Maybe. Now that we’re mowing again.
I will take it! Dh and I have been in to work daily for our jobs still, and some weekends for me.

I hope Kroger does extend their fuel points. I have a little over 1,000 pts that end this month, four vehicles and no need to fill up.
I received an email today that Frys (Kroger) is extending unused March fuel points to the end of May. It stated that any unused March fuel points expiring April 30th will roll over to May on May 2nd. There is a message about it on their website as well 👍🏻

I received an email today that Frys (Kroger) is extending unused March fuel points to the end of May. It stated that any unused March fuel points expiring April 30th will roll over to May on May 2nd. There is a message about it on their website as well 👍🏻
Notice on my Kroger account (in Texas) says my unused March points will be added to my April points! I guess I'll have until the end of May to use them.

Where to begin...

I mailed my DIS friend a care package along with homemade face masks via USPS Priority Mail on April 6th and she FINALLY received it yesterday, April 23rd. This package took seventeen days to arrive even after placing two phone calls which were never answered and caused a lot of unnecessary frustration.

The main issue was the black hole in Detroit's system. This isn't new but it shouldn't exist as people have been complaining about it for years to the extent USPS turned off comments on the homepage.
View attachment 490372

Yes, I understand how taxed our system is during this unprecedented time but that should not be the excuse here, 2008 - 2020 is a long time to ignore a broken system.

View attachment 490349

Did you know the USPS has been in business since 1775 and within its territories has gone through four pandemics:
and four wars:
All of which affecting the very heart of our country, We the People and those serving it. Having gone through so much the USPS should be a well oiled machine with contingency plans in place. It wasn't until April 17, 2020 USPS posted they could not honor the delivery time frame for Priority Mail.

I'm also in the Detroit area. We only get mail every 2-3 days right now. My mother-in-law sent me a package on April 12. Just yesterday it finally arrived in Detroit. Hopefully it will be delivered today. At least in our area, it's best to avoid using the USPS if you can until this is all over.

I'm also in the Detroit area. We only get mail every 2-3 days right now. My mother-in-law sent me a package on April 12. Just yesterday it finally arrived in Detroit. Hopefully it will be delivered today. At least in our area, it's best to avoid using the USPS if you can until this is all over.

I specifically asked how long this package would take to arrive and I was told 3 - 4 days. If I was told "I don't know" or two weeks or beyond, I would have used another carrier. Prior to shipping I looked online for updates, I looked for signs while at the post office for notices again nothing was there stating USPS was behind schedule or shipments would be delayed. It wasn't until April 17th they posted as much, eleven days after the fact.

I was looking for a pressure canner and picked up two - Presto 16-Quart Pressure Canner and Cooker 01745 for $17 each at Walmart. Not sure what the cost would be for your area.

My mom had this model and made lots of jams & jellies. I'm more interested in canning vegetables, soups, stews and meats. I have no clue what the original price was, maybe $78 :confused3

Edit to add: My zip code is 48044. Originally there were 4 available, 2 at Mound Road which I bought both and 2 more on Van Dyke. Just plug in your zip code to see what you can find in your area, Also note I'm not sure if walmart.com honors a price match to the online prices. We found the two boxes in the Home section of Pots & Pans and they were placed on the the highest shelf so not all easy to spot. You would think Walmart would have placed them in the canning section but they were not there.

I've gotten a few PM's regarding this deal, again you need to use your Zip Code to see if it's available. As of 4/28/20 @ 2:20 est it's still shows $17 at 48044.

There is a newer model Presto 01755 16 Quart Pressure Canner and Cooker and seems to be hard to find in some areas.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter