Anyone seen a better deal on carnival GC? We are cruising in Jan and thinking of picking one up. I think AARP had $500 cards for $450 (10%). Wondering if anything better may come up for Black Friday

No, I've not seen them at a major discount during BF.
Here's a list of sales & price points, note the limits.
I think you're better served via AARP.

I've not looked but you might want to see if Discover or other CC's are offering discounts and promotions.

For clarification purposes, are you permitted to buy DGCs with the following store gift cards: Target, Best Buy, Walmart, Lowe's, Home Depot, CVS and Walgreens? Thank you!

I'm not seeing any Shell and Exxon/Mobil gift cards on sale, what about buying a discounted prepaid Visa/Mastercard then buying the gift cards you need with them?

Also do you have dining gift cards for the road trip, plan on stopping and eating anywhere?
I've thought about using the prepaid V/MC cards but the whole activation fee just rubs me the wrong way. Even if I can find a deal where that is waived, I'm still holding out hope of getting a fuel card with either a Red Card discount or a Cash App discount. I have just under 50 days to see what I can scrounge. LOL

Dining gift cards are going to be hit or miss. Depends on what time we actually get out the door, when we get hungry, and what is available at the exit. Although, I might get a Cracker Barrel gift card. We always seem to stop there at some point during a road trip.

Added Offers ~ 10/07/23

Discount District

Dollar General
1696690757226.png

• Save 10% on Select Gift Cards
    • Includes: DoorDash, Krispy Kreme, Ruby Tuesday and Wendy's
    • Ad Scan / Weekly ad
    • Offer valid 10/08/23 - 10/14/23.
1696691545294.png
  • Buy Select Gift Cards & Get $5 off your next purchase
    • Includes: DoorDash, Fanatics, IHOP, McDonald’s, Panera Bread, PetSmart, Rue 21, Sephora, PlayStation Store, Uber and Under Armour
    • Limit 1 per account.
    • Direct link to digital coupon.
    • Must load digital coupon.
    • Not valid with any other Dollar General coupon offer.
    • Expires 10/21/23.

Last edited:
I've thought about using the prepaid V/MC cards but the whole activation fee just rubs me the wrong way. Even if I can find a deal where that is waived, I'm still holding out hope of getting a fuel card with either a Red Card discount or a Cash App discount. I have just under 50 days to see what I can scrounge. LOL

Dining gift cards are going to be hit or miss. Depends on what time we actually get out the door, when we get hungry, and what is available at the exit. Although, I might get a Cracker Barrel gift card. We always seem to stop there at some point during a road trip.
We get our gas only at Mobil and they have an app that allows you to pay via apple pay. It is super easy to use and you get to earn points for $ off rewards on gas. Maybe look into that if you want to avoid fraud. I think Shell has something similar.

I hear ya, however you could do OD first: earn rewards
then go to Meijer via R&R which will also give you some spending bucks.

Office Depot/OfficeMax
  • Spend $300+ on Visa Gift Cards & Get $15 off
    • Limit of 10 per customer, per store, per day
    • Expires 10/07/23. ToP / Post #19318
Credit Cards and More
  • Office Depot US Bank Offer:
    • Spend $1,000 or more in combined purchases and earn a $50 statement credit, OR
    • Spend $400 or more in combined purchases and earn a $25 statement credit.
    • Expires 10/31/23. Post #18861
  • Pay with a Chase Ink Cash or Ink Plus card to earn 5x Ultimate Rewards.
Meijer

And just throwing this out there. If you have these offers can you buy their gas gift cards...

BP Fuel Chase Offer: Earn 5% cash back on your BP Fuel purchase, with a $5.00 cash back maximum.
Expires 11/07/23.

Marathon Chase Offer
: Earn 5% cash back on your Marathon Petroleum purchase, with a $3.00 cash back maximum.
Expires 11/15/23.

I have 10% off at 7-Eleven, Walgreens, Home Depot and 5% off at Target and CVS as my CashApp offers. Do you have any of those offers for stores near you that you might be able to get gas gift cards?

Albertsons Companies:
Safeway
1696740954860.png
  • Earn 5x points on $200+ Airbnb Gift Cards
  • Earn 10x points on $50+ Select Gift Cards
    • Includes: Bath & Body Works, Macy’s, and Online Exchange
    • Unlimited Use.
    • Direct link
    • Expires 10/14/23.
Credit Cards & More
  • Apple Pay: ACME MARKETS, Albertsons, Lucky, Jewel-Osco, Safeway, Save Mart, Shaw's, Star Market & United Supermarkets.

Free shipping and new QVC codes!

1696775776305.png
Today, October 8th only, QVC.com has free shipping on ANY order! No promo code is needed as the discount will automatically apply during checkout along with a few promo codes.
  • NEWQVC50 – $50 off your first $100 purchase – new customers
  • HOLIDAY20 – $20 off your first $40 purchase – new customers
  • HELLO10 – $10 off your second $25 purchase – existing customer’s 2nd purchase
  • To learn more go to Hip2Save
Credit Cards & More
  • QVC accepts QCard® and all major credit cards, including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover, plus HSN Card®, PayPal and QVC Gift Cards. QVC also accepts all MasterCard and Visa debit cards.
  • Chase Freedom 5% Q4 2023: PayPal
  • Don't forget to use a shopping portal / Rakuten 10%

I hear ya, however you could do OD first: earn rewards
then go to Meijer via R&R which will also give you some spending bucks.

I have 10% off at 7-Eleven, Walgreens, Home Depot and 5% off at Target and CVS as my CashApp offers. Do you have any of those offers for stores near you that you might be able to get gas gift cards?

Alas, I much rather get a gift card in person. I'm still feeling the sting of those DGC that never made it to my house. Plus, I'm more comfortable getting a couple of cards over a period of time, instead of one big chunk. Also, there is no Meijer's in my part of the world. I moved out of Nashville to a small (2 traffic lights) town. Our only chain retailer is Dollar General.

I was successful going to Walgreens and getting a Shell Gas card there with my Cash App @ 10% off. So that will be my go to for now. I'm still hunting for the Exxon/Mobil ones. I may have to use a different gas brand that I can get at a discount but is still a Top Tier vendor. This will be my first road trip in my new truck (Ford Maverick Hybrid) and I want to make sure that I use the recommended gas for it. I waited 586 days from the time I ordered it and I'm going to baby it for as long as I can.

I’ve made 2 Sam’s purchases. Both have already tracked. And paid for with Chase Freedom Flex for another 5x. Woooo hoooooo!!!
Thanks for posting, I didn't double check the exclusions earlier, happy to see gift cards are NOT excluded. :thumbsup2

Rakuten

1696784007485.png
Sam’s Club Disney Gift Card Post #15415
  • $25 Disney Physical for $23.98 YMMV in-club
  • $50 Disney eGift Cards for $47.98
  • $50 Disney Physical for $48.98
  • $75 (3x $25pk) Disney for $71.98
  • $150 (3x $50pk) Disney for $144.98
  • $200 Disney eGift card for $185 OOS
  • $200 Disney Physical for $191.98 YMMV in-club
  • $500 Disney eGift Cards for $484.98
  • $500 Disney Physical for $484.98
Credit Cards and More
  • Chase Freedom 5% Q4 2023: Wholesale Clubs
  • Cash App Boost
  • Combine with Ibotta when available Post #18440 :thumbsup2 @Liquidice 8/23/23
  • Sam's App: Will let you pay with two / three forms of payment in a single transaction via APP Great way to use up any remaining amount on Virtual Visa's.
  • Cashback Monitor - YMMV

Last edited:
I’ve made 2 Sam’s purchases. Both have already tracked. And paid for with Chase Freedom Flex for another 5x. Woooo hoooooo!!!
Do you know if I can purchase an e-gift card but have it sent to a different email than the Sams account is connected to?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter