[UPDATED 10/11/11] 1st Disney Family Vacation - Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party!

Corbisblue

DIS Veteran
Day 1 and 2 - Walt Disney World Family Vacation – Arriving to the World (September 4th & 5th)
Day 3 - Walt Disney World Family Vacation (September 6th) – EPCOT & Hollywood Studios
Day 4 - Walt Disney World Family Vacation (September 7th) – Disney’s Animal Kingdom & Downtown Disney
Day 5 - Walt Disney World Family Vacation (September 8th) – The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Day 6 - Walt Disney World Family Vacation (September 9th) – Le Celier (Our most expensive dinner ever)
Day 7 - Walt Disney World Family Vacation (September 10th) – Hollywood Studios, Downtown Disney, Expensive Vinylmations
Day 8 - Walt Disney World Family Vacation (September 11th) – Tomorrowland Terrace Fireworks Dessert Party!

Welcome to my first trip report that includes the entire family! We planned the trip back earlier in the year when they announced the Free Dining with the purchase of a Memory Photobook.

Our family was never into vacations like this when we were growing up. Being from Northern Saskatchewan, Canada it was much easier to go to one of the 1000s of lakes we have and go camping, fishing, hiking, etc. This is the first time we've done anything like this together as a family and it was a fantastic bonding time as a family. It was like we were kids again!

When planning I told my mother how much it was going to cost for each of us (Myself, her, and my two brothers). Little did she know that my brothers and I were planning to split her costs and pay for her! It came time for the payment for the trip to be made and we surprised her with an "invoice" inside of a Mickey Mouse card that said:

Amount Owing: $0.00 - HAVE A MAGICAL TRIP!

She was at a loss for words, she saved all this money and didn't have to spend any of it! All she said was "Well I'll be buying us tons of goodies while were there!".

Trip Summary
  • Resort: POP Century
  • Dates: September 4th – September 12th, 2011
  • Days/Nights: 8 Days/9 Nights
  • Dining Plan: Quick Service Dining Plan (free with the purchase of the Memories Photo Book for $99)
  • Other Theme Parks: Universal Studios (Wizarding World of Harry Potter)
  • Number of Photos: Over 1000
  • Number of Videos: Approx. 10GB
  • Cost Per Person: Approx. $1100 (including return flights from Canada)
  • Number of Memories: Countless

My trip report will be on my blog due to the number of photos and videos I have. I also love keeping all my trips in one spot to read later! I hope you guys all enjoy reading!

It was a fantastic family vacation and my family absolutely loved it and cannot wait to go back!

Now lets get to the Trip Report!

Was having some server issues which caused my TR to not be accessible for a few hours. It's back up and running now! Complete with a new little logo :)

On the first day I couldn't resist this beauty...

L0Xe2.jpg

Just finished writing up Day 4! I'll have it posted with photos and videos in the next few days. These are so much fun to write! I hope you all are enjoying reading them as much as I am writing them!

The next day is going to be non-Disney but it's all about The Wizarding World of Harry Potter!

My eldest couldn't resist one of those cup cakes when we were in the world in February :) i must say it was one might tasty cup cake :worship:

I had to have two of them during my visit. Even got my brothers and mother to have one. I'm not one for a lot of sweet things but I couldn't resist this and it was well worth it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter