UPDATE: Canadian Access to My Disney Experience

I have no issue using the website either. I have done 4 trips in the last 1 1/2 and have never had an issue getting our reservations or dining ressies done. It is always there.

The only issue I have, is accessing MDE. I can get it in the US when I go over, but I can't get Tunnelbear to work on my computer at home for some reason.

I'm not concerned about it. It doesn't make a difference either way to me.

I don't have an issue making them. I just can't see them, change them, or cancel them after I make them. This is just the dining reservations.

Here in Nova Scotia I've had exactly the same problems:

Can only access the old -- useless!!! -- site; couldn't get to MyDisneyExperience; couldn't do things like save a "payment method" (to speed up the advanced dining reservations process).

The old site is seriously like having each of your fingernails slowly torn out, one by one. It makes me log in over and over and over and over and over again, every minute or so. And it forgets my room reservation over and over and over and over again.

It BOGGLES my MIND that a major company like Disney would have such a website mess on their hands.

I can't use Tunnelbear on my Mac laptop because my O.S. isn't new enough. (And I have a Nokia Windows-system phone, for which there is a NO MY DISNEY EXPERIENCE APP, too, so I have been truly locked out.)

I was able to do it on my husband's computer, tho, just now, using Tunnelbear. It really sucks that people in Canada are locked out of all the advantages of advanced planning and reservations available to the U.S.

As it's been said above: We're paying tons of money, and --- this? It really chaps my butt! I mean, I'm using a Deluxe Dining Plan, and to have it make any financial sense at all, I need to book 2-point meals at places like Hoop Dee Doo and Cinderella's Royal Table. That's the whole reason I am getting the the Deluxe plan. But not being able to use the real website -- and trying to do it via the incredibly nonfunctioning old one -- makes those reservations MUCH HARDER.

Last time I talked to an IT CM, back in late March or early April, they indicated it would be a few months - likely sometime in the summer - before the "known Canadian issue" was addressed.

When I asked about doing online ADRs via the old site, the same CM recommended calling Disney Dining rather than taking a chance.

Based on that, I've given up on MDE / online booking options for now. I refuse to use Tunnelbear or something similar as a work around. (For those of you who have used it and then gotten the Disney survey, thanks for taking the time to share the frustrating and frankly unacceptable situation most Canadians are experiencing with MDE.)

I really do hope Disney IT gets this sorted out soon.

Glad I came upon this thread! So far it seems that the MDE Ipad and IPhone apps are giving good results for us. We have an upcoming trip mid August and I have our resorts, passes and dining all linked up. It seems that we will get two sets of Magic Bands as well, since we are staying at two resorts. The big question is will any Magic Bands arrive at a Canadian address prior to our trip. I have used the Tunnel Bear work around to have access to the MDE website via browser.....that's the part I am glad I read about in this thread. It is interesting that the website seems to allow for online check-in and more detailed info about the Magic Bands that the apps so far don't show.
I'll try to keep everyone posted on things. I agree with everyone that the MDE website should be accessible from Canadian ISP accounts.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

The big question is will any Magic Bands arrive at a Canadian address prior to our trip.

If you do not have a U.S. address, your magicbands will not be shipped to you. You will pick them up at your resort.

If you do not have a U.S. address, your magicbands will not be shipped to you. You will pick them up at your resort.

Thanks Disneylover99. That is kind what I thought would happen. Do you know if they will be the customized ones I set up on MDE or just generics bands?

Thanks Disneylover99. That is kind what I thought would happen. Do you know if they will be the customized ones I set up on MDE or just generics bands?

This is where I have received different information from the IT people at Disney.

Some have said if I have customized them, then I should receive them customized. Two other phone calls have told me that even if I have customized them, if I'm Canadian I will still only receive the grey bands.

I guess we'll have to wait for a Canadian to actually pick up their bands and then we will know for sure. :)

I will be happy to let everyone know what we get when we arrive at Contemporary in 2 weeks.....*fingers crossed for customized Magicbands!!

It is late and apparently I am not too bright this evening.

Do you have to receive an invitation from WDW to participate in the magic bands? I can not find anything on MDE and I have used TunnelBear.

Thank you

It is late and apparently I am not too bright this evening.

Do you have to receive an invitation from WDW to participate in the magic bands? I can not find anything on MDE and I have used TunnelBear.

Thank you

For us we have two reservations upcoming. One at Contemporary and one at Yacht Club. When I linked the reservation on MDE the Magic Bands link became active to allow us to customize. We don't have an email invite....this was done earlier in the year with testing. I'm thinking that now they are slowly going live with this depending on what resort you are staying at. I think we just lucked out that we happen to be staying at the right resorts. Hopefully it all works out as we think its supposed to!!

I'm just so confused as to why some of us can log into MDE, but most of us cannot. Since my reservation was finalized in April I have been using MDE with absolutely no issues, at home, on my laptop. I have booked a couple of ADRs, added to my friends/family list, assigned each member a snazzy avatar and indicated which family members will be attending the individual ADRs using those snazzy avatars.

Now, the only thing that was an issue for me was, last week when I tried to login via Google Chrome, I was directed to the site that is shown on the first page of this thread. No MDE to be seen. So I closed it out and went back in via basic internet explorer.

None of this makes sense to me! :confused3

UPDATE: just got an email this morning that our customized Magic Bands for our stay at Contemporary are being shipped to our Canadian address! As well when I go to the MDE app, each person in our party has been assigned the appropriate MB and we can activate and deactivate them. Now if only the UPS tracking number I was given is correct......so far I can't track them!

UPDATE: just got an email this morning that our customized Magic Bands for our stay at Contemporary are being shipped to our Canadian address! As well when I go to the MDE app, each person in our party has been assigned the appropriate MB and we can activate and deactivate them. Now if only the UPS tracking number I was given is correct......so far I can't track them!

I received the same email this morning. But I don't think they will ship to your Canadian address. I'm pretty sure they will ship to your resort instead. It still says in the FAQ section on MDE that bands will only be shipped to US addresses.

I received the same email and I called the number on it. For what it's worth, the cm on the phone said the bands were Definitely being mailed to the resort. I am kind of sorry I called though as she said that she noticed our names were a bit mixed up and she was passing that on to have it corrected. Yikes, it will probably end up more mixed up than it is now. The only error I have noticed is that it shows my sons name twice and not my hubby. That is only on the app though, the site always had it correct.

I recieved the same email this morning as well. I'm assuming it takes a day or two for the UPS site to be updated with the tracking info. I'm curious to see what address the MB are being shipped to.

After reading some of your posts today I called WDW about our MB order. According to the CM I spoke with, they will indeed be sent to my Canadian address via UPS next day air! I was told the UPS confirmation number should be active 24 hrs after the email was sent!
So this sounds promising! I will keep everyone posted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter