(Upd 8/3) I Don't Think We Are in Kansas Anymore: Disney Fantasy 5/31/14

We did Palo brunch too. We might have had Sergio too. I can't remember his name. And he most definitely pushed those mozzarella things on us. What is up with that?

OMG- it just came to me. They put crack in them. So you rebook on board. Duh. :laughing:

I took pics of the buffets..so when I post my stuff you can steal my pictures. Although I skipped the seafood stuff since I don't do seafood stuff. :)

Also I did the Chicken Parm and thought it was very good. :)

Lol yay I think I got a mention in the trip report..... As the some friends you visited with leaving Palo!!! Oh well and I know for sure I'm one of the crazy "we used to talk about weight loss" ladies!

Yes! You did make the trip report as my friends I talked to! We had such a great trip.

We did Palo brunch too. We might have had Sergio too. I can't remember his name. And he most definitely pushed those mozzarella things on us. What is up with that?

OMG- it just came to me. They put crack in them. So you rebook on board. Duh. :laughing:

I took pics of the buffets..so when I post my stuff you can steal my pictures. Although I skipped the seafood stuff since I don't do seafood stuff. :)

Also I did the Chicken Parm and thought it was very good. :)

Crack has got to be the answer because we rebooked! Haha. As discussed on our board, though, Tyler was extremely disappointed that the Wonder's New Year's cruise was a) a black out date, and b) outside the 18-month window anyway. Darn those 18-month windows.

I will be anxiously awaiting pictures to steal! So great having cruising friends to help complete my scrapbook!

I have a half grape gorgonzola half sausage pic for you. It's from the last sea day, but I'm sure the looks didn't change too much over the course of the cruise :lmao:

Oh and I derailed and hit post before commenting about the Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes. I may have ordered a double order ;) They could have saved a dish and piled them all in one. But no, just the start of several occasions that I had more than one plate in front of me :rolleyes1

Sounds like a fun vacation! Can't wait to follow along.

Those pursettes are the BOMB. SO GOOD. I am seriously thinking of bribing my server in September to see if I can get those sent to my room. (Just kidding...kind of...:lmao:)

Palo is one of my favorites and brunch is the best. I really like dinner too but brunch is something special, for sure. That grape pizza is delightful! I'm super bummed they don't have brunch on the 3 night cruises (without a sea day), I wish they would.

Oh and I derailed and hit post before commenting about the Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes. I may have ordered a double order ;) They could have saved a dish and piled them all in one. But no, just the start of several occasions that I had more than one plate in front of me :rolleyes1

They were so, so, so good!

I think my favorite 'dish' of the entire cruise!

Your update has made me HUNGRY!!
I honestly think that the brunch at Palo tops the dinner - that said the dinner is amazing as well
Love the group shot at the end - you all look very sophisticated :-)

I honestly think that the brunch at Palo tops the dinner - that said the dinner is amazing as well

This made me :lmao: Sophisticated? As opposed to hubby putting a tattoo on his rear??? :confused3

I have a half grape gorgonzola half sausage pic for you. It's from the last sea day, but I'm sure the looks didn't change too much over the course of the cruise :lmao:

YES! Just the picture I needed for when I scrapbook this cruise five years from now! :lmao:

I really should have tried out the "ask for anything, and they'll bring it trick" because these little guys could have just floated me on through the cruise.

Sounds like a fun vacation! Can't wait to follow along.

Those pursettes are the BOMB. SO GOOD. I am seriously thinking of bribing my server in September to see if I can get those sent to my room. (Just kidding...kind of...:lmao:)

Palo is one of my favorites and brunch is the best. I really like dinner too but brunch is something special, for sure. That grape pizza is delightful! I'm super bummed they don't have brunch on the 3 night cruises (without a sea day), I wish they would.

Welcome! Our next cruise I am going to try Palo dinner for sure dinner. And there is no way I would be kidding about getting those purseittes delivered to my room...

Thank you, Linda! We were still bright-eyed that first day! I am thinking I will just have to book Palo brunch and dinner for the next cruise to give a more thorough food review. :thumbsup2 Just not on the same day...

This made me :lmao: Sophisticated? As opposed to hubby putting a tattoo on his rear??? :confused3

Ha!
Pirate tattoos are the height of sophistication! ;-)

Wait... You mean to tell me a pirate tattoo on one's behind does not scream sophistication??? :confused3 Must be the rum punch talking! :rotfl2:

Day 2: Sea Day continued

So we finished Palo brunch and headed down to our room. Conveniently, our room was located just off the aft elevators so we didn't have to roll far. And you can certainly bet we took the elevators. Really, the stairs might have been a good choice, but it would have been tricky with all that food sloshing around.

Once we made it back to the room, we took a brief break before changing into swim suits and heading to Deck 11. I probably could have done with more of a break, but at that point it was really a moot point. My brothers were ready to hit the Aquaduck so off we went.

Like the true picture-taking slacker I was at the start of vacation, I don't have anymore pictures from our afternoon on-deck. So you'll just have to read my ramblings to follow along...

After applying sunscreen (not enough, it later turned out!), we got in line for the Aquaduck. Because of high winds, you could only ride double. The line was long as to be expected on a sea day. We didn't really mind much, but that did mean we only rode once. The water was cold, but I enjoyed my first Aquaduck ride! It really is neat how they have a water ride out at sea.

We had also planned to watch "Million Dollar Arm" at 3:15 so we headed that way. My parents were off doing whatever... They spent almost their entire cruise on the adult deck... So my brothers, Tyler, and I went without them. We got to the theater about 30 minutes early. This was definitely a good idea because it was packed. It would seem everyone had the same idea. I hit up Preludes for some freshly popped popcorn. I ended up purchasing the bucket for $7.50. It is a large popcorn. The small popcorn was $3.50. Future refills in the large bucket could be purchased for $3.50. Was it worth it? Probably not, but I am on vacation. :cool1:

DISCLAIMER: The following pictures are all from a movie later in the cruise. I really had picture taking problems there at the beginning. I'll do better next time.

See how empty the theater was late in the cruise? Yea, at the Million Dollar Arm showing there was not an empty seat. I did notice a few people trying to save seats, but a number of people just sat there anyway.

The movie was excellent, for those that have not seen it. It follows a sports agent who is struggling so he receives funding to hold a pitching competition in India. The two young men who won the India competition were then brought back to the United States to prepare for a try-out with a MLB team. The movie is based on a true story. Tyler thinks the Million Dollar Arm competition still takes place today, but I have not done my due-Googling to verify.

Watching a movie on the ship was pretty cool. I LOVE movies so I enjoyed having the option to view first-run movies on the ship. We ended up going to four movies in total.

After the movie, we had to head straight back to the room to get ready for formal night. We had dinner at Enchanted Garden. It was probably my least favorite dining room in the rotation. Also, I don't know if it was because of my over-indulgence at Palo, but I was pretty "meh" about the choices for dinner.

The bread selections were multi-grain as well as country currant rolls:

I really liked the country currant rolls. Also, every night the bread selection came with a special "spread." Tonight's was chick-pea garlic puree. With the exception of one, I did not really like the special spreads and usually just opted for butter.

I started with the North Atlantic Lobster Ravioli:

Tyler chose the Cucumber Garden Roll:

He liked it. The shell is a thinly sliced cucumber and is filled with different vegetables. (Note: he and I have a thing against ordering the same dish at a restaurant. It is more of an unspoken thing that gets spoken when we both want the same thing. I don't know; we are weird.)

I had the spinach and raspberry salad for my next course:

I love spinach + fruit salads. This one was just as tasty as I hoped.

Tyler had the Romaine Wedge salad:

And just go ahead and fire me because I obviously forgot to take pictures of our entrees... I don't even remember what we had! Like I said, not super impressed with the selections. I think I had the Slow Roasted Prime Rib. Whoops.

I do have dessert pictures!

No idea what they are... I know the sundae is something apple. Sheesh. This was not a good day for me!

We planned to take some pictures following dinner. I mean, we were all fancy so of course! (My brothers' definition of fancy is polo and slacks. They are high school boys, I guess!)

The Captain's Gala:

They passed out free drinks. I immediately grabbed one. My dad and Tyler must not have seen because they both turned him down. Once they found out they were free, they went off to find a waiter. Men. The boys left pretty quick, but the rest of us hopped in line for pictures with Captain Mickey. My only "official" character picture of the cruise.

After dinner and pictures, we shopped then we changed and lounged. My mom bought me a DCL charm for my Pandora bracelet, and I continued to eye a couple of shirts. My mom also bought a Tervis. I really wish I had as well. I had delivered some FE gifts before dinner, but my mom and I went out and delivered some of hers after dinner. Tyler and the boys went to check out the Aquaduck at night.

Tyler planned to go to the adult ventriloquist show at 10:30, and the rest of the family planned to see "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" in 3D around the same time. I figured I should go with my husband... :rolleyes2 But I ended up going to Captain America instead. :3dglasses Really glad I did! Tyler doesn't do sci-fi or superhero type movies (except Batman because "Batman could be a real thing") so I knew I wouldn't have a chance to watch it with actual people unless I went now. I thought it was good. Watching a 3D movie on the ship was a bit different. I had to take my glasses off at least once because I was feeling a bit nauseous. Otherwise pleased! For what it's worth, Tyler did enjoy the ventriloquist's show!

We made it back to the cabin around 1:00am. Tyler was already asleep and soon enough so were the rest of us.

Up next: Day 3: Sea Day and Mixology!

I was trying to find myself in any of the Captain Gala pictures. We would have been the ones stalking down the waiters with the free drinks. I think I managed 4 in an hour. :thumbsup2 Shoot, they were free!!! (well, you know.. like.. free as in the thousands of dollars of my cruise price).

It was the saving grace of Formal Night- which I detest. (I hate dressing up & having three girls to get ready is just a pain- way too much work for a vacation!).

I only saw one movie on board - which is a shame because I too LOVE a good movie at the theater.

Great update!!

you all look fabulous in your formal attire :-)
I picked up a glass of wine at the captains gala but it was un-drinkable. (And believe me, I'm not fussy!)

Top dessert was sticky date pudding which I actually really liked. I'm not usually a date person...

I grabbed a glass of the "free" white wine (figured white would blend in better than red if I spilled on myself before pics, because I am a bit challenged that way). As Linda said...swill.

Day 3: Sea Day

Monday, June 2 marked our second of three sea days this trip. It was also Tyler and I's second wedding anniversary. We had not intentionally planned the trip around our anniversary; it just worked out that way. We really had nothing special planned. Our large Facebook group had organized two private mixology sessions for 2pm and 4pm. My parents, Tyler, and I were booked for the 4pm session. Until then, we had plenty of relaxing time.

As usual, I woke up earliest. I made my way to Deck 11 for breakfast. I don't have a picture from my exact breakfast this morning, but I took these pictures of my favorite breakfast items:

Most mornings I had a ham and cheese omelette, sausage, and fruit. Usually a hashbrown too. Much better than McDonald's hashbrowns! The mornings they had Mickey waffles were my favorite. Whatever is in those waffles really hooked me. I loved them. One morning I spotted the biscuits and gravy, but I wasn't too impressed. The Krispy Kreme donuts were also really good. We asked our server one night at dinner how they kept them so fresh tasting. He said they are frozen when they bring them on the ship, and that they thaw them out every morning. I thought that was a pretty good idea. They were even still decent on disembarkation morning.

In general, the breakfast selection was pretty impressive. They had some staples each day as well as items that rotated. They had the omelettes every day. In addition to ham and cheese, there was spinach as well as just cheese. Many of the members from our Facebook group mentioned that the muesli is their favorite dish, but I didn't try it so I will just have to take their word for it. I also liked the scrambled eggs. Some days were better than others, but my biggest complaint after our Carnival cruise was that it seemed they used powdered eggs... Who knows if that's true, but it was disappointment as breakfast is my favorite meal. You could also order "fresh" eggs however you liked them at the back of Cabana's where I got my omelette and where the fruit station was located. On our next cruise, I might try the restaurant for breakfast, but Cabana's was pretty good for this breakfast enthusiast!

This was my favorite spot to eat breakfast, the outdoor area on the aft of the ship. So peaceful to just watch the ocean.

Eventually I met up with Tyler. We went to the adult area to check out the forward area.

We could not go out to the area beyond the "plexiglass" (or whatever it was) because of high winds. The adult area was generally peaceful. There were a couple of groups chatting, but we could have gone to a different area if we wanted complete quiet. My parents spent most of their cruise in the adult areas.

One of my brothers messaged us on the wave phone to come to Bingo. Tyler played numerous Bingo games on our Carnival cruise so we packed up and headed down. Tyler bought the punch card games, and my parents paid for the electronic cards.

Following Bingo, Tyler and the boys went to watch the family ventriloquist show, and I went to lunch and hang out in the room. I usually had lunch in Cabana's. Today, they had some halibut that was amazing. Sadly, I never saw it again. The salad bar was also really nice so I added that and some fresh fruit. I went back to the room and took some pictures of our aft, forward, and "down below" view from the verandah.

Looking forward:

Looking aft:

Down below:

I am really interested in these cabins. The verandahs were huge!

Eventually, it was time to go to our Mixology session. As previously mentioned, a fellow cruiser--Linda67--graciously set up private sessions. They were held in Meridian, the bar between Palo and Remy. Definitely a plus for after and making it safely back to our rooms! :rotfl:

Our fearless leader. I believe his name was Daniel? After five drinks, my memory failed, and there wasn't much that made it into my notes book. :confused3

It was not difficult to agree that he was pretty easy on the eyes. ;)

Mom and a couple of the ladies after drink one. (My dad went first):

The first drink was my favorite. It was a pomegranate passion.

My mom made the second drink, a cosmopolitan:

I went third and made the caipirinha:

The fourth drink was a sidecar. Here are drinks two through four.

The top photo has the cosmo, sidecar, and caipirinha. The bottom photo shows the sidecar (middle drink) and caipirinha (with the limes). The caipirinha was not popular, but Tyler loved it. I believe he had four of those (in addition to the other drinks we made). I know he took some to dinner.

The fifth and final drink was a shot called the B-52. It was equal parts Kahlua, Bailey's, and Grand Marnier layered in that order. I was not sure I would like it, but I did. A group shot:

Overall, I really enjoyed the Mixology class. It was only an extra $15/person. Quite the bargain considering one drink can run about $8. The basic set up is that you will make five of one of the drinks. I really enjoyed learning how to count and proper pouring technique as well as how to shake a drink (over your shoulder) and get the glass to suction to the metal mixing gadget. I would not hesitate to suggest this. We did not do any other tasting classes. Our cruise group had also organized a private champagne tasting. It cost a little more. I did obtain a copy of the recipes for each drink to have my own Mixology party!

After Mixology, it was time to head straight to dinner. Tonight was Royal Court. I was most looking forward to checking out this dining room!

Coming up: Day 3 Dinner and Girls Gathering

Boy am I missing the ship right now!
Great update, I agree the pomegranate drink at the beginning was my favorite :goodvibes

Boy am I missing the ship right now!
Great update, I agree the pomegranate drink at the beginning was my favorite :goodvibes

As busy as I have been recently, I am definitely missing the relaxing vacation! Needing another one! I might just have to make one of the pomegranate drinks instead and live with reality.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter