*** Upcoming 2013 Jan to March Disney Discount Offer : Details ***

In case no one answered this before-
The quote for $101 per person per day is splitting the whole cost between four people in the room....including the room rate. So to get your price. You can't take 1/2 the promo because the room rate is now split between 2 instead of 4. Make sense?

I knew it sounded too good to be true.

My wife and I were planning on a getaway and the pricing of $101 per person sounded excellent. Oh well. Back to the drawing board.

I'm trying so hard to understand all of this but am getting confused. Does anyone know if Art of Animation totally not available for the p/s/d package or is it just a not as good discount?

Lauralaylin said:
I'm trying so hard to understand all of this but am getting confused. Does anyone know if Art of Animation totally not available for the p/s/d package or is it just a not as good discount?

As I understand the suites at AOA are avalible with the play/stay/dine offer, it's only the LM standard rooms which are excluded!
And I really can't comment on whether it is a good deal or not! For me, an AOA suite with QSDP is over $400 more than a moderate with the regular dining plan (5nights, 4people, 6day base tickets) - but it depends on the number of people, days, dates and so on ;) but if I needed the space, I think AOA is a good deal...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Sorry, I'm coming in late to this thread. I already have POP with the Visa discount. Do we know when the FL resident or AP discounts will come out? Will they be the same as the Visa discount?

Thanks!

Going in February. 1st visit. AoA, 7N, 3A/1C. $5700. Some are saying discount on suites and others saying no. Fall discounts included AoA suites. So if discount apply, how much savings (rough estimate)?

Also, I though I read in another post, can't find now. Are the PO-R royal rooms included or excluded? Thanks
Monique

As I understand the suites at AOA are avalible with the play/stay/dine offer, it's only the LM standard rooms which are excluded!
And I really can't comment on whether it is a good deal or not! For me, an AOA suite with QSDP is over $400 more than a moderate with the regular dining plan (5nights, 4people, 6day base tickets) - but it depends on the number of people, days, dates and so on ;) but if I needed the space, I think AOA is a good deal...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

That is very helpful, thank you so much! We have 3 adults, 2 young kids, so I'm leaning toward that or two rooms at AS Movies for theming reasons. Moderates don't seem to be themed as well for the young kids from what I can tell online, but now you're making me think I should check out moderates too.

I liked the themes at AoA, but posts are making me think about moderates for savings too!

I was using this same formula (rack rate on room, kids prices for tix and DDP) last night to give two clients a ballpark quote. When I called today to quote both packages for them, both were $200-300 less than I figured, so the package discount also includes a room discount in addition the kids prices for dining and tickets for everyone. I've been doing this almost 3 years and this one has been the most confusing discount/offer yet! :lmao:

-Astrid

Am I calcuating this right?? Totally confused :rotfl2:
We are 3 adults and one child (11 years old) staying for 5 nights (1/2-1/7), 6 days base tickets and either QSDP or regular DP. I've calcuated with the rack-rate and then the kids price for both tickets and dining:

Pop Century / Standard Pool View/Wheelchair access, roll-in shower/1 king bed, 1 double bed
Rack Rate: $650
Park Tickets kids price: $1040
QSDP kids price: $286,4
= $1976,40
QSDP kids price: $286,4
= $2798
Regular DDP kids price: $343,2
= $2412,20

Am I missing something here? :confused3

Anyone know if you can just pay $17,16/day for the regular dining plan while staying at a value resort?

Haha... Can't wait until 10/10!!!

does anyone know if i call before the 10th just to ask about the discounts and my options, will the CM give me quotes? will they be able to tell me a price and then i can just call back on wednesday to book it, or will they not be able to give prices until wednesday? i'd like to get some info sooner and then just call back and edit my reservation on wednesday!

does anyone know if i call before the 10th just to ask about the discounts and my options, will the CM give me quotes? will they be able to tell me a price and then i can just call back on wednesday to book it, or will they not be able to give prices until wednesday? i'd like to get some info sooner and then just call back and edit my reservation on wednesday!

My understanding is that the whole res. system is down except for purchasing park tickets. I just tried to pull up a client's confirmation as well as run some quotes and I keep getting the same "maintenance" page.

-Astrid

and another quick question (lol sorry). everyone says that the discounts are limited, but if i already have a reservation booked do i need to worry as much about getting a discount applied? because i already have a room, it's not like i will need to rush to get a room before they sell out, but i just want to know if i still need to be quick because they only give out so much at the discounted rate? it seems like they'd be able to apply the discount to my already booked room but if they are only discounting like 500 rooms or something in the whole resort then i guess i'd need to be more concerned about calling first thing!

does it happen often that a zillion people call and wait on hold forever and then don't end up with a discount? now i'm worried and extremely stressed out.

melissarose said:
and another quick question (lol sorry). everyone says that the discounts are limited, but if i already have a reservation booked do i need to worry as much about getting a discount applied? because i already have a room, it's not like i will need to rush to get a room before they sell out, but i just want to know if i still need to be quick because they only give out so much at the discounted rate? it seems like they'd be able to apply the discount to my already booked room but if they are only discounting like 500 rooms or something in the whole resort then i guess i'd need to be more concerned about calling first thing!

does it happen often that a zillion people call and wait on hold forever and then don't end up with a discount? now i'm worried and extremely stressed out.

You're right about the "only so many rooms available at the discounted rate" so I'd call as soon as you can. That said, when we went in December last year and danny25 told us the free dining offer was coming - and the boards were LIT UP door days beforehand - people posted that they got the deals for DAYS afterwards. Seemed like a lot of worrying over nothing. But again, nothing is certain. If you're going at a popular time or for a popular room category, I wouldn't waste any time.

You're right about the "only so many rooms available at the discounted rate" so I'd call as soon as you can. That said, when we went in December last year and danny25 told us the free dining offer was coming - and the boards were LIT UP door days beforehand - people posted that they got the deals for DAYS afterwards. Seemed like a lot of worrying over nothing. But again, nothing is certain. If you're going at a popular time or for a popular room category, I wouldn't waste any time.

Gosh I hope I really am worrying over nothing. Looking at chat rooms everywhere kinda gives one the impression that everything will be be booked up before you can call.

i'm sorry, I know this has been mentioned but I can't go back and read all 16 pages...... what's the min. #days passes you need to buy for the dining plan discount?

The SPD promo is definitely causing a lot of confusion.:upsidedow!

That is what I'm thinking also, but we have a 14-night reservation for Pop without dining (would only be worth it if Free as we'll be on off-site parks for some of those days) and we might reduce it to 11 night with quick service dining depending on tomorrow's offers!

We might even change into POR if we get a nice offer just to upgrade to regular dining plan!

AFAIK the site will be up on 6am EDT tomorrow and the phone lines at 7am EDT, right?

i'm sorry, I know this has been mentioned but I can't go back and read all 16 pages...... what's the min. #days passes you need to buy for the dining plan discount?

To answer TJDisneymama, and Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I think you have to buy 2 days tickets. For the package min days I saw people book with as little as 4 days so not sure if its 2days also or not...4was the least I have seen so far someone have.

Also I posted in another thread a question but haven't gotten an answer so ill ask here maybe someone's knows. Anyone know what room types are included in the spd pkg at the wilderness lodge? I'm hoping the woods view are...if not we will have to change to whatever is included. :scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter