UOC in a late relatives name?- Update

JohnDaleswife

Sharing the same birthday with Donald Duck!
Ok, I got a UOC postcard in the mail for 30% off! Yay, right! Wrong. It is in my late mother-in-law's name. So I know that it is not transferable, but I went online with Disney and made up a dummy reservation with it, all the way to payment. And it worked with me and my family members names.

So, would this work anyways if I did it online?

I believe if it is the same last name and zip code it should work, but am not 100 percent sure.

I think you should be fine booking it online. My PIN comes in my maiden name and old zip code and I've booked a few trips online this way. Actually, after booking, I think you can just go into MDE and change the address of where to "mail the documents" or however it words that part. It's like booking with Orbitz and you have to change the Orbitz address which appears in your MDE. Good luck!

I think you should be fine booking it online. My PIN comes in my maiden name and old zip code and I've booked a few trips online this way. Actually, after booking, I think you can just go into MDE and change the address of where to "mail the documents" or however it words that part. It's like booking with Orbitz and you have to change the Orbitz address which appears in your MDE. Good luck!
That's is interesting, so what would keep someone from using a friends?

That's is interesting, so what would keep someone from using a friends?

Hmm I don't know, good question! I never thought of that. Maybe a friend's wouldn't work because of the connection to MDE. Like when I book with my PIN, it's connected to my email which is connected to my MDE account. So everything is the same and matches for me except I have a new address and married name now. A friend's might not work because of the non-connection to the email address and MDE account.

Hmm I don't know, good question! I never thought of that. Maybe a friend's wouldn't work because of the connection to MDE. Like when I book with my PIN, it's connected to my email which is connected to my MDE account. So everything is the same and matches for me except I have a new address and married name now. A friend's might not work because of the non-connection to the email address and MDE account.
That makes sense, I got a pin for my in laws at my email addy and was able to go on and price a pretend vacation, but they were on my MDE and I did all the planning when we took them (which is why their pin came to me)

I am not gonna chance it. Its just odd that I can book a dummy one with out her name on it anywhere.

I just called Disney and the rep told me that all of my family members names are associated with this UOC and that I would be able to use it.

That is excellent, and probably explains why I can use my in laws pin :)
Right. My TA tried to use it but couldn't, so I emailed him back telling him what Disney had told me. I am gonna use it. Even if I have to cancel with him and re-book with Disney, then transfer it back to him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter