Unofficial Guide update?

nhdisnut

My screen name says it all!!
Does anyone know when the Unoffical Guide (my Disney bible!) :cool1: will be updating their "best days" calendar that includes the effects of EMH on park attendance? I'm very curious how EMH has influenced crowds and am anxious to hear what predicted crowds will be like when we head down at the end of April. The first draft for the end of April indicated that crowd levels would be at level 3, and I'm hopeful that this stays true... :earsboy:

nhdisnut, the most recent update was done in the last few days (link: www.TouringPlans.com/BestDays.htm). I think we're still sticking with the crowd level predictions. Based on the data collected so far, we've only made minor changes to the park selections for best days. Look for another update no later than the end of this month.

Thanks again for reading the Guide!

Len

The UG lists Saturday and Sunday as the BEST days to visit Epcot in October during our dates Oct 15-23. However, since that is during the Food and Wine Festival I have read in several places that Epcot is packed on the weekends during this festival, since lots of locals attend as well. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Len, I purchased my first unofical guide a couple of weeks ago. I found the information useful and fun to read! Thanks for all the research that obviously goes into that book. I do have a question. On the park crowds best/worst by day listing, why on some days it list the same park as best AND worst to visit that day?

We last went in June of 2004. It was crowded. Your listing listed the dates we were there at a crowd level of 6. Our trip beginning April 3 is listed as a 4. Will there really be a noticable difference in wait times / crowds?

Thanks. I am taking my two dd's by myself and am a little nervous. Hoping the crowds will be lower with only one set of eyes watching them :earseek:

Hi fam4jc,

Thanks for reading the Guide! Unfortunately, a couple of typos made their way into the first edition of the "Best Days" calendar. These should be corrected on our website, and in the revised edition of the book.

The crowd difference between a "4" and a "6" will be noticable - a quick guess without looking at any of our charts would be perhaps 10 to 15 minutes extra in peak wait times. The surest way to avoid long waits is to get an early start, and use a touring plan, preferably a two-day plan for the MK. That will also allow long mid-day breaks back at your resort. The Guide's two-day touring plans for parents with small children would be my first recommendation.

My wife and I have taken our DD6 each year since she was 4. I've also got a twin sister with a DD7 and DD4, and been with them in the parks, too. Drop me a line if there's anything DD-related we can help with: len@touringplans.com.

Sincerely,

Len

Please advise on the best days for the Food and Wine Festival. With the weekends be crowded?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter