Unless JK Rowling sharpens her quill, Universal is living on borrowed time

I'm heavily into the HP fandom, and I can say this: The fandom has died down a little since the final books/movies came out, but it is not anywhere close to being a "dead" fandom. Rowling adds more and more info to Pottermore.com as it updates, not to mention all the new movies coming out that are in the "Harry Potter" universe... They're building a large expanded universe for the series, and when you have that, it keeps fans interested and coming back. So as long as they keep giving us new info mixed with things to inspire fans, I don't think the fandom is going anywhere for a good long while.

Also, I met a girl named Hermione when I was helping out at a summer bible camp. So the books will be passed on to some children, I imagine. :lmao:

Disney just added a restaurant based on a 23 year old movie that didn't have nearly the success as HP and people on this board are having panic attacks because they can't get reservations.

What makes you think HP fans are going to forget after only a few years?

"Cochrane, who is senior VP and group marketing director, Warner Bros. U.K. and Ireland, will add the new responsibility of senior VP and chief marketing officer, HPGFD to her existing remit. She will focus on “the optimization of the Harry Potter franchise globally through a cross-divisional marketing lens, upholding the brand’s premium values.”

"Potter Parks" anyone? :cool1::rotfl2:

couldn't resist

What is the expiration of those licenses? Disney can afford to wait a while for Marvel to enter their parks

Plenty of intellectual property

Don't forget, they basically own Indiana Jones now, too

And what have they done with Indiana Jones- an out date show if it is still at Studios and a ride at Disneyland. Not to mention, the Indiana Jones movies are not instantly recognizable to the younger generation. USF is constantly changing and adding to the experience for the guest, something that Disney seems to have forgotten. And before anyone starts yelling, I am a lifetime Disney an and I am just saying Disney needs to get back to basics- The Disney Experience that has always been held to such a high standard, I believe they have lose sight of guest service and enjoyment. Just my two cents worth.

The difference between a Harry Potter and Avatar is that Harry Potter is beloved, and a new generation will keep discovering it because of its quality. Avatar is neither beloved or has much lasting value or quality.

HP has become a children's classic. Those who were young and loved the books when they were first published are now having children. They will likely share Harry's story as we shared fairy tales with our kids.

Until Disney came along, there were no successive stories to Cinderella or Beauty and the Beast, for example, yet they have lasted through the centuries.

I have even LESS faith that a corporation and 50 layers of management is going to put 1/10th the amount of effort in controlling the quality of the Star Wars brand as Rowling is with Potter.

Well said! And I think those layers impeeds fast development in the parks.

The difference between a Harry Potter and Avatar is that Harry Potter is beloved, and a new generation will keep discovering it because of its quality. Avatar is neither beloved or has much lasting value or quality.

I agree and I'm wondering who is thinking this is such a fantastic money making idea? Avatar seems soo out of touch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter