Universe of Energy OUT, Guardians IN

Do you think adding GoG to Epcot is a good idea?

• Yes

Votes: 43 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 43 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if they did it right, they could use GotG as a space education ride. They could play on the real and the imagined by using a popular franchise. We're in an age where people are buying property on the moon and talking more "seriously" about Mars exploration. Something that educated about all ofthe planets and various components of the solar system could be done.
Disney using movies in all of their theme parks seems logical to me, but that's just mho. All-in-all I'm for it so long as it is done well. I miss the old test track- the new one feels generic and uninspired. If they can go back to quality vs capitalizing on whatever the current quick hit is, I'll be happy:goodvibes

I was just going back through this thread and saw this and think it's a great idea. Especially if they could have Chris Pratt come in and do an "interactive narration", he's easily one of the most likeable and personable people in Hollywood that appeals to a wide range of people.

I was just going back through this thread and saw this and think it's a great idea. Especially if they could have Chris Pratt come in and do an "interactive narration", he's easily one of the most likeable and personable people in Hollywood that appeals to a wide range of people.

I think he would be excellent as well. Look like we need to write Disney:thumbsup2

My family LOVES Guardians and is super excited that there is going to be a GOTG themed ride! Do I love that it will be in Epcot? It wouldn't be my first choice, especially since we also really like Universe of Energy, but I am glad to see Disney updating the parks with new rides. There is already so much to do in MK, both AK and DHS are already getting lots of new "stuff", so Epcot was probably the default for the new ride. Maybe whatever they have planned is too big to go where Stitch is in MK?

I don't know exactly what Disney has in mind regarding Epcot.
FEA was defeating the purpose of the Norway pavilion and World Showcase. If they are doing that exclusively for Norway, they should mind as well recreate World Showcase based off of Disney movies and rename it "Disney through countries".

i thought Epcot was originally for technology, communication, and learning, but now i see it being exploited by Disney movies.

I don't think people were asking for any old change. I haven't seen anyone say Epcot was fine the way it was. They want the RIGHT change, as in the addition of things to Epcot that actually make sense and fit the theme of the park.

Exactly.
I am in the minority of people who like Energy Adventure. But the GotG movie was fun too. There was mention of the unused buildings. With parks overcrowded why would they shut another attraction for any time when they could use Innoventions or possible the Odyssey building?

I don't know exactly what Disney has in mind regarding Epcot.
FEA was defeating the purpose of the Norway pavilion and World Showcase. If they are doing that exclusively for Norway, they should mind as well recreate World Showcase based off of Disney movies and rename it "Disney through countries".

i thought Epcot was originally for technology, communication, and learning, but now i see it being exploited by Disney movies.
I like the "Disney across the World" theme better than "World's most bro-tastic bar crawl"

I know Tomorrow Land is in the MK but I believe it fits better with the idea of EPCOT. My dream for the park would be to make it about an Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow. Take the greenhouse and change it a bit to reflect what it would take to put a greenhouse on the moon or another planet. New technology for living in the space age and not just above ground on stilts. They covered the "future" of life on this planet and now to continue the theme of tomorrow, let's focus on space communities. I feel there could be lots of opportunity for hands on, learning, and fun. Keep innovations and add more futuristic games for all ages. Get gamers and game designers in the plans. I'd love to play with Hero's microbots. Let's also learn how they work. Turn the abandoned playground in Imagination into a space station. I know Kennedy Space Center isn't too far but most Disney visitors don't make it there. Let the kids "walk on the moon" on the green screens.

I was thinking for replacement for the Universe of Energy in Epcot! I really hope to have Big Hero 6 attraction in Universe of Energy. I love Big Hero 6!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter