Universal Studios Hollywood Front Gate Parking - How to and Directions

heaven2dc

DIS Veteran
We are visiting Universal Studios Hollywood in October for the first time and I've been trying to figure out what we need to do to park in Front Gate parking lot. I know there are very few spots and we plan to get there an hour before park opens. Some say to go to parking structure first, advise you want Front Gate parking and they will direct you but I'm confused which parking structure to go to. Also others say you just go to the main gate to the park but I'm lost Lol

Any help would be so much appreciated! We really need the very closest spot for our family of 7 for medical reasons.

The first thing to do is bring $70. That’s what it has cost lately.

Universal parking has two entrances, the main one labeled Universal Studios Blvd off 101/Cahuenga and another entrance by the Hilton labeled Universal Hollywood Dr.

The entrance by the Hilton on Universal Hollywood Dr is technically closest to Front Gate parking. But regardless of where you enter, you can tell them you want Front Gate and they’ll direct you to it. It’s not far from either.

It’s not as confusing as it may seem on the map. Don’t sweat it.

In the pic below, the pin in the middle is the Universal Hollywood drive gate by the Hilton. The red circled area is front gate parking.

1661726614325.png

The first thing to do is bring $70. That’s what it has cost lately.

Universal parking has two entrances, the main one labeled Universal Studios Blvd off 101/Cahuenga and another entrance by the Hilton labeled Universal Hollywood Dr.

The entrance by the Hilton on Universal Hollywood Dr is technically closest to Front Gate parking. But regardless of where you enter, you can tell them you want Front Gate and they’ll direct you to it. It’s not far from either.

It’s not as confusing as it may seem on the map. Don’t sweat it.

In the pic below, the pin in the middle is the Universal Hollywood drive gate by the Hilton. The red circled area is front gate parking.

View attachment 697806
Thank you SO much! This has been the clearest instructions I've received so far. I appreciate your help :)

I suggest not paying the $70 for front gate parking and just parking in the regular parking structures. Since it's your first time, I going to guess that you will want to visit CityWalk and the biggest selling point of Front Gate parking is you don't have to walk through CityWalk.

It's really not that far a walk, definitely not woth the $40 price difference between regular and front gate.

I suggest not paying the $70 for front gate parking and just parking in the regular parking structures. Since it's your first time, I going to guess that you will want to visit CityWalk and the biggest selling point of Front Gate parking is you don't have to walk through CityWalk.

It's really not that far a walk, definitely not woth the $40 price difference between regular and front gate.
Thank you for your suggestion but we actually do not plan to visit CityWalk. We have two guests who we will be renting scooters so it's important that they do not have to walk too far to get to the front gate for medical reasons. We do not plan to stay all day at the parks due to their health but we at least want to experience what we can while they are here visiting. We have 2 day tickets and will visit one day earlier in the day and then return another day to visit at night when the Halloween Horror nights isn't going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter