• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Universal Orlando Annual Pass Price increase on Aug 1st

gshumaker

DIS Veteran
We are going down in a few weeks and were going to purchase annual passes upon arrival but heard on the Universal Edition of the DIS Unplugged that those prices are going up on Aug 1st. I knew they raised ticket prices back in the spring when Disney raised their prices. Does anyone have any information on this price increase? What are the annual historical prices of the Annual passes? Thanks!!

I heard Craig talk about that was well. But I think he slightly misspoke. Annual Pass prices have already went up this year. On August 1st, I do know Annual Pass renewals are going to go up in price. Universal just increased Annual Pass prices in April but didn't raise the renewal prices at that time.

jeremy is right.

prices have already increased for annual passes on all levels.
the renewals started july 1st unless you had a renew date 30 days out from your expiration period.

that was my situation and i was able to renew at the old rate for my preferred pass.

Thanks for the quick response.

Thought I was going to have to purchase them tonight online vice getting them the day we arrive. Already bought gift cards from Kroger during their 4x fuel points promo and was not going to be able to use those online.

Thanks again!!

So was I told wrong when I bought my annual pass last year that as long as I didn't drop it I wouldn't pay an increase in price at re-newel?

So was I told wrong when I bought my annual pass last year that as long as I didn't drop it I wouldn't pay an increase in price at re-newel?

If you are doing flex pay, that is the case. However, if you are paying yearly and not monthly, your renewal rate can change.

Yes, flex pay does not increase in price but you do not get a renewal discount.

Also after your first years payments your monthly rate will go up to cover the first down payment.

This is from the website.

Flexible Payment Annual Passes automatically renew at the end of the 12 month billing period. After the initial 12 month term, monthly payments are subject to change because you won’t be charged a down payment when you renew. Pricing is subject to change.

Unfortunately looks like it's the end of flex pass getting by on no price increases. I have had my annual pass for many years and have been locked in at about $17.50 a month but received this email today...

"Today, we want to let you know we are adjusting our Annual Pass pricing to reflect the value of the entertainment experience we provide. The new Florida Resident monthly FlexPay prices* (including tax) for each Annual Pass type are: $19.08 for Power, $26.62 for Preferred, and $38.16 for Premier. This new pricing will go into effect on your next FlexPay Annual Passholder anniversary"

Unfortunately looks like it's the end of flex pass getting by on no price increases. I have had my annual pass for many years and have been locked in at about $17.50 a month but received this email today...

"Today, we want to let you know we are adjusting our Annual Pass pricing to reflect the value of the entertainment experience we provide. The new Florida Resident monthly FlexPay prices* (including tax) for each Annual Pass type are: $19.08 for Power, $26.62 for Preferred, and $38.16 for Premier. This new pricing will go into effect on your next FlexPay Annual Passholder anniversary"

This looks weird. My last renewal Preferred Pass cost $170 and at $26.62/month it comes to $320 per year. They are basically doubling the cost?

I just checked the Universal website and $320 is the cost of a NEW Preferred Pass.

Last edited:
This looks weird. My last renewal Preferred Pass cost $170 and at $26.62/month it comes to $320 per year. They are basically doubling the cost?

I just checked the Universal website and $320 is the cost of a NEW Preferred Pass.

I was surprised too of the high cost but looks like they are jacking the flex pay price up to the full current price of the annual pass.

true but that $320 for a pass is close to 3 days in the park if you bought tickets.

i cringed when the preferred pass increased to $99 a year.....
have had mine since 2002 and haven't seen the prices increase until it made the jump to $159 2 years back, or was it 3 years back....?

A major price increase was definitely needed. Last week, before the August 1 deadline, I paid $170 after taxes for preferred pass renewals. They probably could have gotten double that from me.

Just checked the Annual Passholder's page and they have the renewal prices for the 3 passes listed and there is a BIG increase.

Pass: Power Pass, Preferred Pass, Premier Pass
Renewal price: $160.99 +tax per person, $224.99 +tax per person, $334.99 +tax per person

My Preferred Pass cost went up $65 from $159.99 +tax per person last year (+40.6%)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter