Universal/IOA/Volcano Bay 1 week tickets costs?

Max Headroom

Earning My Ears
Can anyone supply me with a current gate price of a one week/3 park ticket purchased onsite in Universal as opposed to buying in the UK beforehand? Would it be cheaper buying in Florida as we are forced to buy a 2 week ticket only in the UK?

The problem is that Universal tickets are priced dynamically, meaning that depending on what day you're going the prices could well be different to the day before or the day after. Now the following prices are taken from the Universal app, but I have a feeling these would also be the gate prices as well - there doesn't seem to be a discount for buying online, it's just a way of guaranteeing you have your tickets bought in advance so you don't need to queue up.

A 5 park visit ticket (where all visits have to be used within 8 days of your first park visit) for all three parks, plus with the ability to visit more than one park per day, would set you back $516 (£415ish) if you wanted it to start today, $464 (£375ish) if you wanted it to start on the 25th April, $502 (£405ish) for 25th July etc. Lowest price I found was $420 (£340ish) for a ticket starting on 9th September (highest is $564 over the Christmas period).

If you only want to do one park per day (e.g. no hopping and so can't use the Hogwarts Express), then that tends to bring the price down by about $70 (£55ish) in total.

Last edited:
The problem is that Universal tickets are priced dynamically, meaning that depending on what day you're going the prices could well be different to the day before or the day after. Now the following prices are taken from the Universal app, but I have a feeling these would also be the gate prices as well - there doesn't seem to be a discount for buying online, it's just a way of guaranteeing you have your tickets bought in advance so you don't need to queue up.

A 5 park visit ticket (where all visits have to be used within 8 days of your first park visit) for all three parks, plus with the ability to visit more than one park per day, would set you back $516 (£415ish) if you wanted it to start today, $464 (£375ish) if you wanted it to start on the 25th April, $502 (£405ish) for 25th July etc. Lowest price I found was $420 (£340ish) for a ticket starting on 9th September (highest is $564 over the Christmas period).

If you only want to do one park per day (e.g. no hopping and so can't use the Hogwarts Express), then that tends to bring the price down by about $70 (£55ish) in total.
Thanks for your quick response. With that pricing, I may as well pre-purchase in UK although it would be for a 14 day ticket (circa £350) that I would only use for 1 week.

When I was in Orlando last year I did save money by buying tickets from the US rather than the UK 14 day versions, but that was because I was only intending on having 3 Universal visits* (had to use them over a 5 day period) and wasn't including Volcano Bay either, so my prices were notably cheaper than the ones I've quoted above.

Whereas the 5 day, 3 park tickets are generally equal to or more expensive than the 14 day tickets, so you are probably better off with the UK ones.

* - in fact in the end we got a deal of buy 2 days, get 2 free, so we bought that ticket and just didn't use the 4th day.

Sorry to piggy back on this but I am planning my first trip to Orlando in 5 years and have been quite shocked by the Universal prices.

Is there any way of buying a ticket in advance for less than 14 days to the 2 main Universal parks? It just seems a bit mad to be forced to buy a 14 day ticket when I'm only planning on being there for 5 days maximum.

Cheers

1F

There is but it will only save you money if you are planning to be in Universal parks for 2-3 days and you are doing those visits in a short period of time (e.g. within five days of each other). If you want to have 5+ days at Universal or want to spread your days across your whole holiday, you’ll probably be better off taking the 14 day UK ticket even though it seems expensive.

Look at a ticket seller called Undercover Tourist. I have purchased tickets from them many times (we live in Canada so I'm not sure if you can purchase from them in the UK). You will be able to see what other options there are and prices on their website.

I bought my tickets through the Universal website itself, although I had to use a VPN to make it look like I was in the US - if it thinks you're in the UK it'll re-direct you to the page where you can only buy the 14 day tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter