Universal AP

caralovesdis

Earning My Ears
I have a question about Universal Annual Passes. Does it start when you buy it or the first day you are in the park?

My travel agent is telling me it starts when you buy it and then I see on the website it starts the first day you use it.

I want to buy one as a Christmas gift for my teenage son and trying to figure the best way to do it.

Thank you in advance!

First day of use.
I bought mine in November of last year and first used it on December 18. It's good through Dec 18.

If I am planning on buying one for a trip in January, should I buy it now? Cause aren't the prices going up?

This is our first year with APs and one other nice thing I recently learned is they are good for 366 days really. They begin the first day of use and also for the same day the following year. For us that meant, May 30, 2015 was our first day and we will also be able to use them on May 30, 2016 as our last day of use.

If I am planning on buying one for a trip in January, should I buy it now? Cause aren't the prices going up?

Probably not by the end of the year.

This is our first year with APs and one other nice thing I recently learned is they are good for 366 days really. They begin the first day of use and also for the same day the following year. For us that meant, May 30, 2015 was our first day and we will also be able to use them on May 30, 2016 as our last day of use.

For yours, it's 367 b/c of Leap Day.

WDW APs work the same way.

To get the AP discount on additional tickets, do I need to buy them at the gate? Also, do they do AP room discounts year round? We are going in June and was hoping to get a room discount.
TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter