Universal and discovery cove

jdkk424

Earning My Ears
We want to got to Universal, Discovery Cove, and Sea World from June 2 till June 9th. Not sure of where to stay to do all of these and how to get from airport to hotel. Do we need to rent a car? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

Well, we absolutely love staying on site at both locations, so this is what we are doing in December - Saturday to Friday at Universal (Royal Pacific onsite), then Friday to Tuesday at Fairfield Inn and Suites Sea World on a Discovery Cove Package. With admission to Discovery Cove, you get unlimited admission to Sea World and Aquatica.

If staying at Universal is an option, hop over to their boards and read through the resort page, lots of info!!!!

We really like Fairfield Inn and Suites because we don't need to rent a vehicle then. Some of the other partner hotels are a bit nicer, but we love the location. You get a nice continental breakfast, but withing walking distance (1/4 mile or closer) is BW3, Fridays, Panera, KFC, Wendy's, Taco Bell, pizza joints, chinese, hibachi, etc., so we have evening meals a plenty if not eating at the parks. The shuttle service is great, just have to stick to their schedule. Also, a grocery store and multiple drug stores nearby.

We are a Mears family, but Tony Hinds gets a lot of love as transportation providers. I use Mears extensively, and it always comes out to be within 10% of a rental, when gas and parking is accounted for. So, we choose the convenience.

Another really good option to consider is booking the entire time at a Sea World partner hotel (Discovery Cove package) for the perks, then putting the Do Not Disturb sign on the door for a night and taking an overnight bag to stay one night at Royal Pacific at Universal. Buy a two day ticket and you get Express Pass for both days at Universal. It is a great way to visit Universal!!

We stayed at the International Palms Resort back in 2011 to go to all these parks. There was an iride stop right outside the hotel and you could get it to Universal and Seaworld. At Seaworld you can get a courtesy bus to Discovery cove. I think the iride to Universal you had to change at some point but they give you a ticket so the next one is not charged for.

I'm in the midst of planning now:

Right now our plan is to stay 9 nights at Royal Pacific Hotel in a club level room. We have Universal Annual Pass, and have done Disney multiple times. We plan to do Discovery Cove earlier in our trip and I will either take the free shuttle from our Universal hotel OR get an Uber (that would be faster). we have considered split staying our hotel but I'm not sure we want to do that. Its still something I toy around with every now and then.

To get to Universal Hotel we will take Super Shuttle, in fact I just booked it, its a meet and greet business class for $57 for the whole family (it goes directly to your hotel with no one else on it. Way cheaper than anything I've seen with Mears and you can't do Uber from MCO, but we Uber it back to MCO at the end of our trip.

This will be way less planning than our Disney trips but I'm looking forward to it. Originally I was planning on doing Sea World and Aquatica, 1 day each but with the Discovery Cove deal you can do it as much as you want for the 14 days. So we'll just hop over there when convenient and when we want. With the front of the line passes with RPR we can just enjoy ourselves rather than wait in lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter