Unity candle in outdoor ceremony

Merandab4

DIS Veteran
Has anyone used a unity candle at their outside ceremony? I read that they are not reccomended because it is difficult keeping them lit with the breezes and all. I really wanted to include one in my ceremony, which is outside, but in my planning packet it gives you the option to purchas a unity candle and in parenthesis it says (wedding pavilion only). Does this mean that a Unity candle is prohibited at outdoor ceremonies?

Just stick a glass hurricane jar over the candle, it'll keep it lit and look pretty! ::MinnieMo

You can use them Meranda :) I'm getting a Hurricane lamp for our ceremony at the Yacht Club Gazebo

Even with hurricane lamps it could be impossible to light them. We had our wedding at SBP and they could not get the candles lit at all, although it was extremely breezy our wedding day. Most of my ceremony pictures have my veil flapping in the breeze. We just had everyone act like they were lighting the candles. My brother is going to edit them light into the video, but I haven't seen the end results yet.

Sabrina

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter