Unique trip!

wdw_nutz

Mouseketeer
Hi, I just wanted to tell you about my crazy awesome trip coming up.

I leave Cardiff on Aug 30th and travel to Brittany for a week. I then have 5 nights in Disneyland Paris.

After that I'm being dropped at Gatwick to meet my partner, and the next day we fly to Orlando for 2 weeks! It's a complex story about why I have 2 big holidays consecutively, but the point is, I'm really excited but also kinda nervous.

So much has changes since I was in WDW in 2011, and I'm also renting points for the first time to stay in Kidani. I tried to upgrade to a one-bed but was told I couldn't - this baffles me because usually Disney are happy to take money!

I'm worried about not having enough spending money, the reservation not being there when we arrive, about traveling for the first time with an ECV, about whether my partner will fall in love with it like me, and about missing the ferry back from France and subsequently missing the flight!!

It's incredible to think that on 12th Sept I'll be on Main Street in DLRP and on 13th I'll be in WDW!

Am I totally crazy or will this be the trip of a lifetime?! Answers on a postcard!

wow! I don't have the answer for you but it sounds incredible & definitely something I would do. I'd be thinking about what to pack for every weather lol, hope you manage to get some rest in there.
my advice about your partner, don't push him too hard seeing & doing everything, let him enjoy the moment. I had a crazy itinerary for Disney world and nearly killed it for him, he kept saying slow down lol
I hope you have an incredible time

If you have rented points you won't be able to upgrade with Cash. The only way to upgrade would be via the member you booked and they would need to rent you extra points. A DVC booking is completely separate from all the cash bookings at a resort. It also won't be possible to do it on arrival otherwise you risk messing up the points of the member you have booked with.:scared:

Have a great trip :thumbsup2

Wow I really don't want to do that! Well I don't mind the studio, I'm sooooo lucky to have got one and the main reason I wanted a one-bed was for the bath. I have fibromyalgia and the pain is eased by baths! :)

Thanks for the advice, sounds very sensible. I've scheduled a few rest days and have planned late mornings after late nights. Hopefully that will work, plus we'll have a rest in the middle of long days.

I can't decide whether to stay in MK for fireworks and MSEP on the first day or not. On one hand what a magical welcome to Disney! On the other, that's one of the best things and maybe I should save it for later in the trip! Dunno.

It's a shame we can't get free dining with the DVC point rental but I guess we saved so much in accommodation we shouldn't complain! :-D

Really?! Is it the same size as the ones at Coronado Springs? They seem soooo tiny I don't know how you'd get in them!
Thanks for info... Xx

Wow I really don't want to do that! Well I don't mind the studio, I'm sooooo lucky to have got one and the main reason I wanted a one-bed was for the bath. I have fibromyalgia and the pain is eased by baths! :) Thanks for the advice, sounds very sensible. I've scheduled a few rest days and have planned late mornings after late nights. Hopefully that will work, plus we'll have a rest in the middle of long days. I can't decide whether to stay in MK for fireworks and MSEP on the first day or not. On one hand what a magical welcome to Disney! On the other, that's one of the best things and maybe I should save it for later in the trip! Dunno. It's a shame we can't get free dining with the DVC point rental but I guess we saved so much in accommodation we shouldn't complain! :-D

I did go to wishes and msep on our first night , I loved being there right away and he was cursing me as we had been going 30 hours at this point with no sleep! BUT... when I asked what do you think? he said "ok it's definitely not alton towers", he got that it was something extra special & not just a theme park. and he was blown away by the fireworks, was a great start to the trip. we were totally shattered though and I had a Tusker house breakfast scheduled at 8am the next morning. if you've got a quiet morning after planned, go for it. if you're going to be up early then sleep instead. with the 5 hour difference it was 4am uk time when we got back to the room lol

Really?! Is it the same size as the ones at Coronado Springs? They seem soooo tiny I don't know how you'd get in them!
Thanks for info... Xx

I honestly can't remember it's been 4 years since we stayed in a studio - sorry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter