• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Unique Sovenirs

disneygal6568

making dreams come true
What are some unusual souvenirs you can find in DL and DCA? I know that you get name art. And I think I read something about a professional sketch? Anything else unique like those?

Yes, there is name art and also silhouette's that can be done on Main St. Also, there is a little shop in Frontierland where you can have keychains done with your name engraved on them. I currently have a leather Mickey with my name and a Minnie Mouse charm on it. They are cute and not too expensive. I think it was around $7. They also have leather bracelets that can be personalized too, if you would be interested in that.

What are some unusual souvenirs you can find in DL and DCA? I know that you get name art. And I think I read something about a professional sketch? Anything else unique like those?

Yes, at the Disney Gallery (next to Lincoln) there is an artist there named David. He sits in the gallery at an art table and draws Disney scenes and characters all day in prismacolor pencils. They are available to purchase, he's got a price/example folder next to his art table. We bought a great Matterhorn/bobsled/yeti drawing the last time we were there! We will buy a second one in Oct for sure!! Prices aren't bad either, it was $80 for an 11x14 matted drawing.

Yes, there is name art and also silhouette's that can be done on Main St. Also, there is a little shop in Frontierland where you can have keychains done with your name engraved on them. I currently have a leather Mickey with my name and a Minnie Mouse charm on it. They are cute and not too expensive. I think it was around $7. They also have leather bracelets that can be personalized too, if you would be interested in that.

I love the silhouette idea! How much are they?

Yes, at the Disney Gallery (next to Lincoln) there is an artist there named David. He sits in the gallery at an art table and draws Disney scenes and characters all day in prismacolor pencils. They are available to purchase, he's got a price/example folder next to his art table. We bought a great Matterhorn/bobsled/yeti drawing the last time we were there! We will buy a second one in Oct for sure!! Prices aren't bad either, it was $80 for an 11x14 matted drawing.

Wow! How long did it take for him to draw that?

There's also character sketches as well. David in Disney Gallery is amazing for attraction sketches. He works out of the little window in the wall; I have yet to see him work at the sketch station in the middle of the room. People who do character sketches use that table in the middle of the room, and you can also find character sketches at Off the Page in DCA. Cassie is a great sketch artist there. She's really friendly, and we try to say hi every time we go there. For character sketches, it's $35 for one character, $60 for two or something like that.

Over in NOS there is a little kiosk that sells parasols. They are very cute and they will personalize them (painted with things like your name, carousel horses, flowers, etc). The large ones are $17 and they little ones but I can't recall the price. The large ones are actual sun blocker size.

I always like the personalized items in the Crystal Shop. There is one on Main St and one in NOS. Everyone in my family has a glass mug with their name on it and a picture--Disneyland castle, Tinkerbell, etc.

DizMe said:
Over in NOS there is a little kiosk that sells parasols. They are very cute and they will personalize them (painted with things like your name, carousel horses, flowers, etc). The large ones are $17 and they little ones but I can't recall the price. The large ones are actual sun blocker size.

I keep telling my DH I want one of these when we go next month.

Sent from my DROID4 using DISBoards

Perfume bottle painting at the little shop in NOS. I love buying a special bottle of perfume and having the woman artist paint on the bottle. She does all kinds of designs and embellishes with crystals. And it is free with your purchase!

ETA: and if you have an AP it is actually cheaper to buy your perfume at Disney, since you get your discount. And perfume is almost never on sale at department stores/Sephora.

I second the silhouette. My DH and I got them done last year, and love them. We got one of our dog too. I brought a picture with us.

I got a leather Minnie luggage tag in Frontierland. I never can find anything with my name spelled how I spell it, so it was nice to have that done.

Wow! How long did it take for him to draw that?

I'm not sure how long they take. He was working on a Matterhorn when we saw him and was using an already completed piece of art as reference. We approached him and asked if we could buy the one he was working on. He told us it wasn't finished but we could buy the reference art! He held it up and let us take his picture holding it and then told us jokingly that he would have to guess on the rest of the colors because we took his reference! Haha! Super sweet guy. And he can also write your name on it or something like "Disneyland 2013" or what have you. It may be an additional charge I'm not certain. Truly a unique item!!

I have done a lot of my Christmas shopping while at DL. For my sister, the cook, a complete kitchen cooking/baking set. Disney potholders, measuring cups and spoons, coffee scoop, coffee mugs, cookie cutters, etc. Her friends are always asking how she has so much Disney cooking equipment. She tells them I add to her collection every Christmas. For aunts, uncles, and other people, I give Disney picture frames, prints, sweatshirts, etc. I have found people really enjoy Disneyland gifts, especially when they know you purchased it on site for them::yes::

I always like the personalized items in the Crystal Shop. There is one on Main St and one in NOS. Everyone in my family has a glass mug with their name on it and a picture--Disneyland castle, Tinkerbell, etc.

I believe the little ones are $11. I remember getting one as a girl (around 10-11 years old) and I wish I still had it. We bought my older DD hers at her first trip in 2011 and my younger DD will get hers this time for her first trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter