• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Unique Offer Code

JD163

Earning My Ears
My friend received a unique offer code via the mail. Would there be any issue if I booked a room only reservation online after entering the code with only me as the resort guest? I called Disney and they said my friend had to be on the reservation. However, online it appears I can book it through my MDE after entering the code and it states travel documents will be sent to his address.

I am wondering if there will be any problems down the road with the reservation. The magicband and luggage tag would not be an issue since I can get them from my friend, but I meant at check-in. I know for AP discounts it states valid AP must be shown at check-in blah blah, but this UOC does not say anything like offer code guest must be in travel party.

Does it say "Offer is nontransferable" anywhere on the mailer that your friend received? That has always appeared with my UOCs, and it means that you can't let someone else use your code. You might use it with no issues... or you might have an issue at check-in and be charged the rack rate for the room since you are technically not eligible for your friend's offer (and by then, there wouldn't be any active special offers for your stay to replace your friend's offer). Personally, I wouldn't want to find out on my Disney vacation that I'm stuck with a higher bill than what I'd planned for (and higher than what I could have paid by using an offer I was eligible for). The risk is likely not worth the discount, either - most of the UOCs are only slightly better than, or the same as, the current public special offers.

Does it say "Offer is nontransferable" anywhere on the mailer that your friend received? That has always appeared with my UOCs, and it means that you can't let someone else use your code. You might use it with no issues... or you might have an issue at check-in and be charged the rack rate for the room since you are technically not eligible for your friend's offer (and by then, there wouldn't be any active special offers for your stay to replace your friend's offer). Personally, I wouldn't want to find out on my Disney vacation that I'm stuck with a higher bill than what I'd planned for (and higher than what I could have paid by using an offer I was eligible for). The risk is likely not worth the discount, either - most of the UOCs are only slightly better than, or the same as, the current public special offers.

Yes, it does state "non-transferable," but it allowed me to book it without my friend somehow.

I will definitely try to rebook it once offers are released! It is for a December date, and nothing is currently out. Only reason I would use the UOC is if nothing else is released for my dates or resorts with availability. Hoping for a General Public or AP with rooms actually available during my time. The UOC is currently saving me $1,200 (35% off deluxe). Based on historical promotions, I am hoping for a General Public early July or AP end of August. I would be completely satisfied with even 20% through those.

If the worst that could happen is my room is converted to rack rate at check-in, that would be ok considering I have no other discount (at this point in time). I just want to ensure that I would not be stranded without a room or lose my deposit on the UOC room if they concerted it to rack rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter