Unfathomable: Church Massacre

Fanatical heathen zealots destroying history:

As practiced by ISIS in Syria

49c0a00a-bded-11e4-_862488b.jpg

As practiced by "history cleansers" in the U.S:

20130812__13TCAVANA_500.jpg

Ofallon-Vet-memorial.jpg
So sad. :crazy2:

The mayor of the city I live close to (outside city limits) just called for our STATE flag to be removed from the fire dept., police dept. and city hall. I think he has jumped the gun. Its still our state flag and until it is changed, should be flown on state buildings. Maybe he'll just high tail it on down to the National Guard Amory and ask for it to be removed. I think he would be laughed off the property, at the very least.

No more General Lee from the Dukes of Hazzard. The "cleansing" continues. Are book burnings next? Where does this end?

Last edited:
Tonight on ABC Nightline at 12:35 a.m., two local ministers will be interviewed about the shooting at Emanuel and the bond between churches here. Two amazing churches and their clergy :)

Tonight on ABC Nightline at 12:35 a.m., two local ministers will be interviewed about the shooting at Emanuel and the bond between churches here. Two amazing churches and their clergy :)
Al Sharpton's organization wants the US military to remove 'all remnants of the Confederacy' from its bases

Here is the issue. Look at the two sentiments. The actual REAL people staying strong through their faith. Loving, praying and not hating. Then you have Al and too many others to count stirring up all kinds of ridiculousness with flag banning, talk of more bannings whether it's other flags, movies or whatever. THEY are stirring up racial tensions and whipping them to a frenzy. Don't they see? Are they so in love with the the rhetoric and their own voice that they can't see the damage they are doing?

Here is the issue. Look at the two sentiments. The actual REAL people staying strong through their faith. Loving, praying and not hating. Then you have Al and too many others to count stirring up all kinds of ridiculousness with flag banning, talk of more bannings whether it's other flags, movies or whatever. THEY are stirring up racial tensions and whipping them to a frenzy. Don't they see? Are they so in love with the the rhetoric and their own voice that they can't see the damage they are doing?

Somebody should tell Al that we can't afford to rename the bases until he pays his taxes!

They see it. Their entire careers are based on it. If black & white decide once & for all to get along, he & his ilk are finished. Sharpton takes things to ridiculous levels intentionally. It serves his purpose.

They see it. Their entire careers are based on it. If black & white decide once & for all to get along, he & his ilk are finished. Sharpton takes things to ridiculous levels intentionally. It serves his purpose.
It just makes me sick. I don't know how he sleeps at night. Or any of the other ones. God bless those there and elsewhere who are preaching real words of love. They need to be playing THAT on the nightly news instead of these idiots. The media is just as bad as those spewing this garbage.

It just makes me sick. I don't know how he sleeps at night. Or any of the other ones. God bless those there and elsewhere who are preaching real words of love. They need to be playing THAT on the nightly news instead of these idiots. The media is just as bad as those spewing this garbage.

I think the civil rights movement in the 60's was most certainly needed, and we obviously have issues to this day, but I honestly have to wonder what the landscape would look like if the black community didn't have "leaders" such as Jesse and Al?

I believe they are seen as "race baiters" by the white community and have made a fortune playing the race card. And I believe they are more divisive then uniters.

And can I even refer to them as "communities" w/o being an ***?!

That's just my opinion. I'd really like to hear from Eliza61 and others. (I singled you out because I like the logical, thoughtful posts. You seem to take raw emotion out and post a straightforward response)

I'm going to warn everyone in advance, I'll probaby start asking a lot of questions and I don't want to offend. I just want to try and understand both sides of conversation better.

I think the civil rights movement in the 60's was most certainly needed, and we obviously have issues to this day, but I honestly have to wonder what the landscape would look like if the black community didn't have "leaders" such as Jesse and Al?
I agree whole-heartedly with your statement. MLK got how much accomplished? And what has Al done? MLK, not to be trite, had a dream he was willing to die for. Al et al are just self promoters and yes, race baiters, IMO.

Again, more focus needs to be on the people and how they are handling it and copy THEIR behavior, not the loud empty voices.

I believe they are seen as "race baiters" by the white community and have made a fortune playing the race card. And I believe they are more divisive then uniters.

And can I even refer to them as "communities" w/o being an ***?!

That's just my opinion. I'd really like to hear from Eliza61 and others. (I singled you out because I like the logical, thoughtful posts. You seem to take raw emotion out and post a straightforward response)

I'm going to warn everyone in advance, I'll probaby start asking a lot of questions and I don't want to offend. I just want to try and understand both sides of conversation better.
I said in on another similar, recent thread (Baltimore) - that the black community needs better leadership.

"I also think there needs to be some changes in the African American community, as well. For one thing, they need a great leader again, one who is respected by all. And I don't mean a president, who is spread so thin; I mean someone whose sole job it is to bring everyone together for the common good.

Bill Cosby, current troubles notwithstanding, gave a speech during an NAACP awards ceremony back in 2004 that was widely criticized at the time. But let's re-look at what he had to say. (I believe there was another black celebrity more recently who essentially said the same thing, and was also criticized, but I can't remember who it was.)

The Pound Cake Speech:

http://www.cbn.com/tv/1398877690001

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pound_Cake_speech "

I alluded to it earlier in the thread, but I'll say it outright here. Black folks that try to say anything like the above are shot down pretty quickly by some blacks and referred to as "Uncle Toms" so they've been silenced pretty quickly. Just look at what happens on Twitter and other social media. So everyone hesitates to say anything.

A really sad thing is that this preacher and senator who was killed may actually been one of the people who could have effected change in a positive way. But maybe, somehow, all this "positivity" from their families and the people of Charleston may have planted the seed...

Another thing I'll mention and I'd also like to hear from Eliza and disneyjunkie what their take on it is.

I read an article somewhere, probably when I was looking for something else - I belive it was in Ebony or Jet - that in effect said that blacks should be referred to as blacks and not African Americans because today there are many blacks here in the U.S. who do not have roots in Africa. I thought it was an interesting point.

I also agree with some of the posts here about where does it end when trying not to offend. Many people are trying hard not to offend, but there are so many issues associated with that, and everyone gets offended from time to time.

Is it time to put the past in the past and try to move forward from here? Probably more questions than answers today. Perhaps in the future we will look back and see this as a rough period of transition, much like the Civil Rights era.

Isn't it funny, and kind of ironic, that we now have to worry here on this thread about offending someone with a question! :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter