UnderCoverTourist + AMEX + Ebates = Great Deal on Rental Car!

kristenrice

NOT just an ambulance driver
We opted to rent a car (Intermediate SUV) to drive from Michigan to HHI for Spring Break. We chose Budget because they allow both of us to drive without an additional driver fee. When I first secured the reservation, it was about $375 which was a pretty decent price for a 9-day rental. On a whim, I decided to check the price through UnderCoverTourist. My biggest concern with going through them is that I have to pay for the rental now, instead of at the counter. I saw that their rate was lower by about 15% so I started to think about it. Then I remembered that I can earn eBates from UCT (1%) which made me even more convinced that I should take this offer. Then, I also remembered that there is an AMEX offer for a $20 statement credit when you make a purchase of $100 or more from UCT.

So I pulled the trigger! I paid $318 which should net me $3.18 in eBates, and then I will also get a $20 credit back from AMEX (I already got the text thanking me for redeeming my offer!) which brings my total cost under $300. When I get my AMEX statement, I can apply my points for a $100 credit too so my total OOP cost will be under $200:cool1:.

I love hearing these kinds of stories. I have this Amex offer but had dismissed it since our room and tickets are paid for. Never occurred to me to check rental car rates. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter