Under 12 arrival testing at yvr?

MegEliz

Mouseketeer
Hello all! We returned last night to YVR from Disneyland (trip report coming later today) and the border agent gave us handouts for our two kids under 12 with the instructions for them for the next 14 days (we are vaccinated and so they don’t have to quarantine, but can’t go to school etc) the hand out says they have to be tested (a one day and 8 day test) but they never gave us tests at the airport and when I go to the life labs Fly Clear website, it don’t give an option for receiving a test, just registering the one you were supposed to receive at the airport. So I’m guessing that we just need to follow the other requirements on the handout and not worry about the testing?
Thought I’d ask because I know there were others who had a similar experience.
Thanks in advance!

Hello all! We returned last night to YVR from Disneyland (trip report coming later today) and the border agent gave us handouts for our two kids under 12 with the instructions for them for the next 14 days (we are vaccinated and so they don’t have to quarantine, but can’t go to school etc) the hand out says they have to be tested (a one day and 8 day test) but they never gave us tests at the airport and when I go to the life labs Fly Clear website, it don’t give an option for receiving a test, just registering the one you were supposed to receive at the airport. So I’m guessing that we just need to follow the other requirements on the handout and not worry about the testing?
Thanks in advance!
We flew back into Vancouver as well Sept. 19th....received the same info sheet but no further information on testing the kids. So we ignored it and did not test our 2 kids (9,7) at all once we were home. We homeschool, so they weren't in contact with anyone, but no one called to check up or verify anything after we landed. They were only testing random people upon landing in YVR, but we were waived through.

We flew back into Vancouver as well Sept. 19th....received the same info sheet but no further information on testing the kids. So we ignored it and did not test our 2 kids (9,7) at all once we were home. We homeschool, so they weren't in contact with anyone, but no one called to check up or verify anything after we landed. They were only testing random people upon landing in YVR, but we were waived through.
Perfect. That’s what I thought the case was. We are laying low anyhow so I’m not to concerned. I’ll take them to get tested if any symptoms arise 😊

When we arrived home at Pearson from Orlando back in August they swabbed my under 12 child at the airport and then gave us an at home test kit to do on day 8.

When we came back from Punta Cana in August we came via YYZ on our way home to YVR. Our 10yr old was not swabbed at the airport and not given a take home test. Speculation here is that because we were a connecting flight they opted to just send us on our way.

Thanks in advance!

Check the handout they gave you. Ours had "TE" written in big red letters, which indicates Testing Exempt. The individual checking us as we left customs told us to hang on to that sheet for proof, in case we were ever asked.

Check the handout they gave you. Ours had "TE" written in big red letters, which indicates Testing Exempt. The individual checking us as we left customs told us to hang on to that sheet for proof, in case we were ever asked.
Ours doesn’t have a TE on it but I received an email from the government of Canada today with some reminders of the requirements for the kids (one of them being testing) They provided an email and phone number for LifeLabs testing inquiries. I emailed them and heard back quickly with a phone number I can call to receive 8 day tests for them. I’m going to do that just so that we have it done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter